Dana White: If Conor McGregor wins at UFC 246, ‘he will get that shot at the title’ against Khabib N

Fuck, can't Conor at least get a gimmi win at LW to get a title shot?

i mean they just gave Romero a title shot so this isn't far fetched at all
Yeah, I guy who lost 2 controversial decisions to the former champ, a close fight to the current #1 contender who is out with an injury, has 6 top 10 wins, 4 top 5, and has been a mainstay at the top of his division for years.

How is that comparable to a guy winning a fight at WW against a LW outside the top 10 who is 1-1 in the division with 4 UFC top 10 wins only 1 of which was in the division he will be getting the title shot in? Oh, and assuming he wins this fight it will be his first in nearly 4 years.

In what world does giving this guy a title shot based on all these facts make any sense at all or is in anyway comparable to the Yoel situation?

That's a rhetorical question BTW since the answer is obvious if we want to pretend this in any way at least faintly resembles an actual sport where merit and accomplishments mean something where championships are concerned.

Yeah, I guy who lost 2 controversial decisions to the former champ, a close fight to the current #1 contender who is out with an injury, has 6 top 10 wins, 4 top 5, and has been a mainstay at the top of his division for years.

How is that comparable to a guy winning a fight at WW against a LW outside the top 10 who is 1-1 in the division with 4 UFC top 10 wins only 1 of which was in the division he will be getting the title shot in? Oh, and assuming he wins this fight it will be his first in nearly 4 years.

In what world does giving this guy a title shot based on all these facts make any sense at all or is in anyway comparable to the Yoel situation?

That's a rhetorical question BTW since the answer is obvious if we want to pretend this in any way at least faintly resembles an actual sport where merit and accomplishments mean something where championships are concerned.
<mma4>

Amen brothers, time for the king to regain that throne.

The guy about to fight for a title at LW just beat the same guy...
I get the argument against this but y'all are being a bit disrespectful to Cowboy.

Sure, Gaethje is more deserving and getting glossed over. But what if Khabib loses to Tony? Doesn't Conor Khabib make a lot of sense then?

the major difference is the guy about to fight for a title shot is on a 12 fight win streak. Conor hasnt won a fight since 2016.

I dont think dana would make khabib vs conor if khabib loses. i highly doubt they'll risk a loss for conor. Specially if it isn't for the title.

Last edited:
IMO beating Cerrone shouldn’t automatically earn Conor the next TS. It’s still a business though and I would still watch the fuck out of that fight, so I understand even though I’d rather see someone else in there.

Why not take advantage of Khabib’s stardom get someone like El Cacuy or Justin Gaethje to get some exposure? Two of the most exciting fighters in the sport. Nobody in their right mind wouldn’t find them entertaining. I think they both have the potential to be much bigger than they are. Conor McGregor will always be a draw.

i mean they just gave Romero a title shot so this isn't far fetched at all
Israel is calling out and asking to fight Romero to stay active and says his legacy isn’t complete unless he fights him. Says he wants to fight 4 times in 2020. Dana said he’d be cool with him waiting on Costa to heal up.

also it’s not official yet.

Amen brothers, time for the king to regain that throne.
Does anyone remember a king that refused to defend his kingdom when the need arose too do so?

Pretty sure if they are remembered it's as cowards who never deserved the right to sit on the thrown they never earned to begin with.

A kings job is to protect and defend his kingdom, calling someone who has routinely showed he will go out of his way to avoid doing so "King" is a blasphemous insult too all the actual "Kings" in history.

Just make the 165lbs division already and hand Conor the belt. You're so desperate to have him as champ, why not? Stay classy Dana.

Do they mean he's getting a title shot or he's getting the Khabib rematch? Two very different things after UFC 249 is in the history books #champshitonly #snapjitsu #tiramisu #mcnuggets

Do they mean he's getting a title shot or he's getting the Khabib rematch? Two very different things after UFC 249 is in the history books #champshitonly #snapjitsu #tiramisu #mcnuggets

Like the title thread says, it will be a title shot against Khabib

Dana White is truly a lowlife scummy piece of shit lol

I thought he wants Masvidal next?

Khabib may not even be the champ after April, & if he is he won't fight until August or September at the earliest.

Conor wants to fight in March, & at least 3 times this year. Dana not making sense here imo.

It's funny that Dana has zero confidence that McGregor can "earn" a LW title shot without his help.

Back