dana white has a very select memory?

ReemLegKickTKO

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Bigfoot gets absolutely mauled by velasquez, wins to fights, rematches for the title less than a year later...

JDS gets mauled by velasquez , loses the title, wins a fight rematches 9 months later...

Oh but rory mac cant get a title shot because he lost a close fight to Robbie in 2013 and hasnt gone on to decisively win 3 fights in 2014 all against top competition....

he deserves a shot not hendricks.

different title picture. HW is thin as piss and they had to put someone up, WW is much more stacked so they don't have to settle for rematches. I do agree that Rory deserves a shot soon.

I have a hard time believing that they will give Hendricks the same opponent 3 fights in a row

different title picture. HW is thin as piss and they had to put someone up, WW is much more stacked so they don't have to settle for rematches. I do agree that Rory deserves a shot soon.

Then why are Hendricks and Lawler fighting again? :icon_neut

because they are 1-1 in extremely close fights. why is this complicated for you?

so having a close fight deems not one, but two immediate rematches.. but Rory couldn't get a title shot because he lost a split decision to the current champion?

the fuck am I reading?

This is a really, really hard concept for people to grasp. WW is a competitive division full of contenders right now, and Rory doesn't stand out strong enough to demand the next shot yet. When Cain fought Silva and JDS, there wasn't any good contenders out there. It was a "shiniest turd" scenario. Of course, with all of those contenders they really shouldn't be having Hendricks/Lawler 3 but that is another thread...

The other part of this you'll see in any thread talking about GSP or Anderson Silva's strength of competition. You'll see shit like "Oh yeah, Hardy/Cote, they fought greaaaaat fighters." Well guy, they beat everyone else so some lesser fighters got a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back