Dana White: "Gustafsson's next in line"

Dana says over on MMAWeekly that Jones is NOT negotiating his contract & that he still has 5 fights to go on this one...He just needs to sign on for this fight which he is so far refusing to do! So where are U getting the misinformation U are peddling?

From the mouth of Dana and Lorenzo --

"We're shooting for Aug. 30," White said. "That's the date we want for Jones-Gustafsson. We just signed Gustafsson to a new deal, and Jones will get a new deal too. We're doing a new deal with him."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/2...ones-contract-location-not-set-for-gustafsson

Notice that Gus just signed his new deal, which is why he's now being so vocal. He knows Bones is in negotiations and their fight is a part of it, so he's being a good company man.

Dana says over on MMAWeekly that Jones is NOT negotiating his contract & that he still has 5 fights to go on this one...He just needs to sign on for this fight which he is so far refusing to do! So where are U getting the misinformation U are peddling?

Dana White said:
We’re doing a new deal with him.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/why-jones-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-ii-may-not-happen-at-ufc-177

One minute Dana is saying they are working on a new deal, then the next says otherwise.

Maybe get your facts straight before spewing off

“Just to clear up a couple things, people think we’re in contract negotiations with Jon Jones – we’re not,” White told UFC.com. “Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract.”

Oh, good. Glad that’s cleared up. Somebody should let the Dana White of last week know. They might also want to tell the Lorenzo Fertitta of this video blog, since he very clearly says that he’ll be meeting with Jones’ manager to extend his contract and “walk him through” why it makes sense to rematch Alexander Gustafsson.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/the-strange-saga-of-jon-jones-ufc-and-contract-negotiation-that-isnt-or-is-it

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/444197/White-Jones-in-contract-negotiation-Gustafsson-rematch-not-set/

Dana White says this; “Just to clear up a couple things, people think we’re in contract negotiations with Jon Jones – we’re not. Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract,” White said in a statement Monday with UFC.com. “So what we’re doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn’t want to fight Gustafsson. … Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he’s asking to fight Cormier instead.” So there it is from Dana himself....So stop the bullshit about money negotiations over a new Contract for Jones! U will notice NOT one word there about extending his contract, & why would they? He has 5 fights left on it! Dumbass!

Last edited:
Champions fight whoever is placed placed in front of them. Jon will never be considered one of the greats if he continues down this path. All the skill in the world and not enough confidence in himself to just go through whoever is in front of him. Cormier is a legit challenger, but he is ducking Gus and no one can prove different. It's a shame. Dana is 100% correct. This guy has the whole world just sitting in front of him to take, and he is constantly sabotaging himself with this shit.

You are really naive

Jones is already the best lhw ever and will continue to be so as long as he wins

Dana White says this; “Just to clear up a couple things, people think we’re in contract negotiations with Jon Jones – we’re not. Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract,” White said in a statement Monday with UFC.com. “So what we’re doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn’t want to fight Gustafsson. … Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he’s asking to fight Cormier instead.” So there it is from Dana himself....So stop the bullshit about money negotiations over a new Contract for Jones! U will notice NOT one word there about extending his contract, & why would they? He has 5 fights left on it! Dumbass!

You really are a special kind of stupid huh?

So there it is from Dana himself? You just got showed multiple post with quotes from Dana and his boss that they are working on a new deal with him.

Posting one quote from Dana doesn't mean shit, because the day before he probably said the exact opposite.

[/B]

You really are a special kind of stupid huh?

So there it is from Dana himself? You just got showed multiple post with quotes from Dana and his boss that they are working on a new deal with him.

Posting one quote from Dana doesn't mean shit, because the day before he probably said the exact opposite.

You're an obnoxious kind of human. We get it. You like Jones. You don't like Dana. Just make that as a universal post and stop being annoying.

Gus and DC should be fighting each other and the winner fights Jones.

then what is JBJ gonna do for the next year+ wait for DCs knee surgery + rehab. then the fight with gus. then assuming there are no injuries there wait another 3-6 months.

You're an obnoxious kind of human. We get it. You like Jones. You don't like Dana. Just make that as a universal post and stop being annoying.

I'm obnoxious for point out facts?

I actually like Dana, and usually support him in threads designed to hate on him.

Doesn't stop me from seeing the reality of something and pointing out to someone who is wrong with his information all while insulting someone else.

I think this comes down to a control issue. Dana wants to tell Jones who he's fighting and Jones is saying who he wants to fight. IMO DC will be tougher fight for Jones. Jones is a freak and the second Gus fight won't be close.

Yeah its controlling for an organization to decide who fights who.

You know in the NFL, last years superbowl winner gets to decide who they play the next year.

So what its ok if everyone is ignorant to the fact that Jones is in contract negotiations? It is ok for everyone to spew these lies and false information because its cool to hate Jones?

The guy he is quoting is 100% wrong and claiming that Dana is right that Jones isn't in negotiations. Pretty pathetic that you don't like when people fight lies with facts. Tells a lot about this forum

Seriously what kind of blind sheep retard gets upset that someone is correcting a guy with facts? You're insulting him for correcting a guy who is going around spreading misinformation and ragging on people that actually know the real facts

then what is JBJ gonna do for the next year+ wait for DCs knee surgery + rehab. then the fight with gus. then assuming there are no injuries there wait another 3-6 months.

It's not about Jones.

Can you really say Gus deserves a title shot based on a win over Jimi Manuwa?

How about DC with a win over Cummins and Hendo?

If I had to pick between the two I would say DC, but how much better would it look if DC or Gus had a win over the other.

It's not about Jones.

Can you really say Gus deserves a title shot based on a win over Jimi Manuwa?

How about DC with a win over Cummins and Hendo?

If I had to pick between the two I would say DC, but how much better would it look if DC or Gus had a win over the other.

i dont mind seeing either fight. i just think that DC vs Gus for title shot would put JBJ out for a long time.

So what its ok if everyone is ignorant to the fact that Jones is in contract negotiations? It is ok for everyone to spew these lies and false information because its cool to hate Jones?

The guy he is quoting is 100% wrong and claiming that Dana is right that Jones isn't in negotiations. Pretty pathetic that you don't like when people fight lies with facts. Tells a lot about this forum

Seriously what kind of blind sheep retard gets upset that someone is correcting a guy with facts? You're insulting him for correcting a guy who is going around spreading misinformation and ragging on people that actually know the real facts

Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Beer-Cheers-Reaction-Gif.gif

Cheers.

i dont mind seeing either fight. i just think that DC vs Gus for title shot would put JBJ out for a long time.

And that should be up to Jones. If he doesn't want to sit out that long then by all means make one of the fights.

He is the Champ and if he doesn't mind sitting out while they find a true #1 contender then that is on him.

I was just stating my opinion on the situation and that I would like to see DC or Gus fight to find out who really deserves the shot.

So now Jones is p4p#1? Dana really uses that loosely.

Yeah its controlling for an organization to decide who fights who.

You know in the NFL, last years superbowl winner gets to decide who they play the next year.

Did Gus or DC earn their shot at the "superbowl"?

If you are going to compare the situations, then its more like NFL skipping the playoffs and just putting together the biggest game that would sell the most tickets.

And that should be up to Jones. If he doesn't want to sit out that long then by all means make one of the fights.

He is the Champ and if he doesn't mind sitting out while they find a true #1 contender then that is on him.

I was just stating my opinion on the situation and that I would like to see DC or Gus fight to find out who really deserves the shot.

And I would like a Swedish bikini team to attack my office right now.

What you are suggesting is complete and total whimsical fancy. Jones has fought twice a year in 2012 and 2013. He's fought once this year. You do realize the wheels come off the bus if champions are allowed to nest on the belt and fight every other year?

If you had a title eliminator with Gus and Cormier Jon wouldn't be fighting until 2015, which is both impractical and flat out stupid.

Gus deserves a rematch given how close the first fight was. How do people not grasp that???????

Jones's nitpicking ways are just costing Gus true justice as well as big money. Jones is like an annoying road block in Gus's way.

Back