Media Dana White gushing over Chimaev for 2 minutes straight

You realize he has big momentum due to finishing his first 3 fights in the ufc in short order and is coming off a ko? More people will care about watching him than watching most of the other top 10 guys because of his finishes, his undefeated record, and his potential. It’s not just about what good fighters has he beaten. He has momentum and he has fans and fanfare. You’re fixated on ranking (top 3) and not seeing that it’s an opportunity for Edwards to have a fairly big stage to make people care about him.
I don't say you are wrong per se, but what if Khamzat gets dominated? Everyone will say he is overhyped and Leon still has to fight a top 5 guy to get a TS. If Leon loses, Khamzat proves to be a real top talent over Leon's back. Leon will be set back for a long long time. I truly believe Leon was told he had to take this fight. I mean, he did not take the Wonderboy fight, while Stephen is a way bigger name tham Chimaev .

I don't say you are wrong per se, but what if Khamzat gets dominated? Everyone will say he is overhyped and Leon still has to fight a top 5 guy to get a TS. If Leon loses, Khamzat proves to be a real top talent over Leon's back. Leon will be set back for a long long time. I truly believe Leon was told he had to take this fight. I mean, he did not take the Wonderboy fight, while Stephen is a way bigger name tham Chimaev .
and edwards - wonderboy fight is a fight with little buzz. i think khamzat is actually the bigger fight and will draw more fans than a wonderboy fight. just my opinion. edwards - wonderboy would have snooze written on it. and wonderboy winning wouldn't even put him in contention for the title. at least this fight you can build momentum for whoever wins.

i don't deny that the better outcome for the ufc is khamzat winning. but as a fan that sounds like a good outcome as well.

You blame me for finding it ridiculous a nr 3 contender on an 8 fight win streak got pushed into a fight against a prospect who fought two cans and Meerschaert? Leon got screwed and is used to give Khamzat a TS. It would absolutely satisfy me if Leon Khabibs him for 15 minutes
Its a main event sooooooo those final 10 minutes chimaev is gonna pummel him.

and edwards - wonderboy fight is a fight with little buzz. i think khamzat is actually the bigger fight and will draw more fans than a wonderboy fight. just my opinion. edwards - wonderboy would have snooze written on it. and wonderboy winning wouldn't even put him in contention for the title. at least this fight you can build momentum for whoever wins.

i don't deny that the better outcome for the ufc is khamzat winning. but as a fan that sounds like a good outcome as well.
Cool, nice points! I guess we will see soon what happens :)

Found the picture of Dana gushing
View attachment 811758

dee47d1544b8b9c80c5b969cb6ab014a_w200.gif

Dana White gay confirmed

Exciting fighter willing to fight in two divisions, well rounded, chases the finish, and likes to fight often. What's not to like?

Sherdog hates exciting prospects, and Leon Edwards suddenly has fans now... haters gonna hate...
View attachment 811761
Loll yeah. I'm not a fan of Leon, but him winning won't surprise me. What surprise me is he is gaining fans because people want to see a hype train gets demolished

Can’t say he’s wrong about any of it. Lot to be excited about for Dana if Khamzat in fact can get a win on Leon Edwards.

khamzat is very dominant in his van crushing. Shit that works that easy against mediocre talent, is gonna work against top talent too. Khamzat poses a volume of threats across the promotion.

Sherdog hates exciting prospects, and Leon Edwards suddenly has fans now... haters gonna hate...

based of the comments it’s seems that they just want him to lose to spite Dana

A Fight against Colby, Jorge or Usman? He will beat Khamzat 8 out of 10, but just like with O'Malley, the guy that beat the prospect doenst win much. The hype just gets burried, people move on. If Leon loses, even if its a lucky win by Khamzat, he wont get a TS in years. If he wins, he still has to fight another contender to get a TS.

I don’t agree. If Leon beats Chimaev I think he gets a shot (barring a close Burns win, an Usman injury, etc.) Unless it’s really, really boring, and I think Chimaev will force the action (unless he chokes).

Of course, he's in that sweet spot where he's generating interest but hasn't yet asked for a raise.
This all day. Dana goes ecstatic for a fighter that has hype but more importantly is cheap lmao.

Back