Media Dana White gets emotional discussing Robert Whittaker

who wouldnt do anything for his daughter? that doesnt make you a hero....
Most people are not called upon to sacrifice in a big way to save the life of someone else. Those who are, then do, are heroes.

Wew, I thought he was out fighting the fires and saving koalas or something heroic like that

Donating bone marrow to your sick daughter is something any father (who is not a piece of shit) would do

Where'd you hear that mate? I assumed it was something fire related given the shit that's gone on on the east coast of Australia. That's some devastating shit if true no wonder fighting isn't a priority right now

The fires aren’t so bad you would pull out of a fight lol. Don’t believe the hype. Unless you are a country Towner, you are fine.

Oh man, this isn't good. Never, in my long history of watching this sport, have I ever seen Dana get choked up talking about a fighter.

Whatever the case may be, prayers to Robert, his family, and all of Australia.

There is some real pice of shit people on this board,seriously.

Of course he is going to give his bone marrow for his child,but its a hard thing for a father to have a daughter suffering like this. Its one of the most vulnerable things a man can have happen to him.So keep your bullshit asshole comments to yourself.

Sad to hear. Hope everything goes well for him and his family. War Bobby.

giphy.gif

I have a daughter and another on the way.
Really fucks up your previously-held life perspective on whats important and also priortising self.
I have crazy dreams where some cult or supernatural being has to take one member of my family away for an eternity of endless torture and i rationalise and practice how i would face this reality and offer myself up and whatnot. It's like I'm mentally preparing myself for future sacrifices of this nature (ie bone marrow transplants). It's weird as hell but maybe it's just a natural part of being a father and protector i think. So yeh who else has these fucked up dreams like me?
Its crazy scary to feel that vulnerable.
I already said he gets a pass THIS time, but there’s no DENYING he’s one of the biggest pull out merchants in the game.

I said Whit would not DARE stand across the octagon from Cannonier when this fight was first speculated.

Adesanya did this sport a FAVOR separating him from consciousness and that belt.

@davidlemonparty

GettyImages-1179286453.jpg
Take a fuckin day off dude

Keep your EDGE to yourself till he at least has a fight signed again?

How long will this set whittaker back?

He fought Yoel twice, this guy
maxresdefault.jpg
!

anyone insinuating this guy is scared to fight certain opponents is laughable.

Gut feeling it was something like this, all the best Whittakers! he IS a hero.

I have a daughter and another on the way.
Really fucks up your previously-held life perspective on whats important and also priortising self.
I have crazy dreams where some cult or supernatural being has to take one member of my family away for an eternity of endless torture and i rationalise and practice how i would face this reality and offer myself up and whatnot. It's like I'm mentally preparing myself for future sacrifices of this nature (ie bone marrow transplants). It's weird as hell but maybe it's just a natural part of being a father and protector i think. So yeh who else has these fucked up dreams like me?

Wow man, I can imagine how vivid it feels. You wake up and it feels like a memory of something you experienced in a parallel dimension, not just some dream, right?

Wow man, I can imagine how vivid it feels. You wake up and it feels like a memory of something you experienced in a parallel dimension, not just some dream, right?
I was in a coma when i was young,and my mom told me how hard it was on her and esp my father. He couldnt do nothin about it.

I didn’t think it was possible but your really outdoing yourself , the bold and italics make your opinions actually seem dumber

robs going through something much bigger than mma

prayers for the entire whittaker family
i wouldnt bother that brasil wand is tapped in the head. somethings not right with him. I think he may be posting from a mental institution. lets cut him some slack.

Epic respect for Bobby. When it comes to your kids, everything becomes a distant 2nd.

Do what you gotta do Rob, good luck!

I already said he gets a pass THIS time, but there’s no DENYING he’s one of the biggest pull out merchants in the game.

I said Whit would not DARE stand across the octagon from Cannonier when this fight was first speculated.

Adesanya did this sport a FAVOR separating him from consciousness and that belt.

@davidlemonparty

GettyImages-1179286453.jpg

Yeah that's why he was so scared in fighting Romero. Probably the scariest guy in the division.

I feel for Whittaker and his daughter and his whole family. I hope everything turns out well for them.

Nothing else should be in his focus besides getting his daughter healthy again.

You'd be fucking amazed. I knew a mother who wouldn't even buy shampoo because she wouldn't switch from Marlboro to Pall Malls. We would take turns bringing soap and shampoo to school so he and his brother could wash their hair.

I’m always reminded of Chris Rock when people are bad parents.

Its crazy scary to feel that vulnerable.

I find it surreal yet it translates well into real life. Like I come to accept such things as possible and instead of feeling vulnerable it makes you feel focussed.

Obviously this sort of thing is an extreme scenario and touch wood doesn't happen to me or you or yours. But then again, crazy shit happens every day, and here we are talking just about RW doing just this exact sort of thing (potentially, assuming that rumorabout bone marrow is true).

Back