Dana white gave Rampage a career revamp

At this point, Rampage is doing MMA for the money.

He's not motivated like he used to be.

He's happy for now. Wait till things stop going completely his way and he'll find a way to trash talk Bellator next.

OSP and Manuwa also are likely to beat Rampage

OSP, Manuwa, and Ryan Jimmo all have a solid Chance at beating Rampage. I would favor everyone in the top 10 over him including Chael, Hendo, and Shogun.

3 of them he's lost to are in the top 5. One was a decade ago, and the other he fought injured and got wrestle fucked. All losses are losses, but not all losses are the same.

There is no such thing of Rampage fighting not injured. Rampage is injured in every fight he is in from now on. His knees are shot.

Its easy to be happy when you are fighting Beltran and M Pumbu.

If UFC gave Page easy fights to get him winning he would have been happy, UFC tried to give him Bader figuring he'd win but he couldnt.

So yeah when you have to fight Jones, Glover, Bader, Machida, fight top guys each fight and you cant win vs the top guys I'm sure it kills your enjoyment in the sport.

People saying he wasnt motivated? Give me a break.

Yeah not motivated to fight the best in the world and win the titel and make more money, not motivated to fight Glover in front of 5 million people knowing if you win your next contract from whoever you sign with will be bigger.

But nah he wasnt motivated. he is motivated to fight Joey Beltran though.

He's the same Rampage but he is fighting weak competition so he wins and knocks them out which makes him happier than losing to the best guys in the world.

Thats the difference.

No the difference is he had a bum knee for a lot of those fights and had to get surgery. In Bellator his knee problems aren't as bad - pretty straight forward.

Indeed, and almost definitely he would lose to Gus, Cormier, and Rumble at this point. A Davis fight could go either way, prob, and Chael he would most likely beat. A Hendo rematch would be a toss up, IMO.

I am not so sure he would lose to Rumble. Rumble likes to box, rampage has better boxing. Not sure if Rumble can get the TD and hold him down. 50/50 IMO

I'd say the bellator bums are worse and more delusional than the zombies are.

Page is a shell of what he was a couple of years ago. Be it motivation or whatever he looked slow against Beltran. Joey held him on the cage, and page didn't look like he knew how to get off. If that's the best a motivated page looks like he might not even be top 20. His fight against CI just shows how weak Bellators LHW is.

Could page beat a couple of guys at the bottom of the top 10, definitely. He could as easily lose to a couple outside the top 10. His days of being elite are over.

Not even top 20? Lol you are delusional!!

Even though I don't care much for Quinton I hope he does exceedingly well and I hope Bellatore does the same.

To me, a King Mo match up isn't strong enough for a PPV but I might buy it just to help Bellator.

I dont care Rampage isnt fighting in the ufc, im just glad hes fighting and helping to make another org successful.

This.
Couldn't give a shit about his complaining.
I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and always supporting the good old Pride stars.

I hope Dana gets cut.

Yeah no doubt if it was Chuck/Wand it'd be thought of in the same league as Fedor/CC. Still a great fight though.

And it's probably a factor that Rampage was representing UFC then, but everybody thought of him as a Pride guy still (it's weird, but to this day I still kinda do). So that Hendo/Rampage fight was kinda like Pride vs Pride.

And off topic, but I still say Chuck would've ko'd Wand back in the day in Pride.
That's probably why. Actually it kind of makes sense to think of Rampage as a Pride guy, I think he had more fights in that org thn he did in the UFC. I think his Pride record was 12-5 and his UFC record 7-5.
You do realize Rampage has a whopping 1-5 record against fighters on that same list?
I think Shogun has deteriorated much more than Rampage so I think he would have a decent chance against him. Chael isn't a very good LHW, especially when his opponent has good wrestling and has a strength advantage like Rampage has.
Its easy to be happy when you are fighting Beltran and M Pumbu.

If UFC gave Page easy fights to get him winning he would have been happy, UFC tried to give him Bader figuring he'd win but he couldnt.

So yeah when you have to fight Jones, Glover, Bader, Machida, fight top guys each fight and you cant win vs the top guys I'm sure it kills your enjoyment in the sport.

People saying he wasnt motivated? Give me a break.

Yeah not motivated to fight the best in the world and win the titel and make more money, not motivated to fight Glover in front of 5 million people knowing if you win your next contract from whoever you sign with will be bigger.

But nah he wasnt motivated. he is motivated to fight Joey Beltran though.

He's the same Rampage but he is fighting weak competition so he wins and knocks them out which makes him happier than losing to the best guys in the world.

Thats the difference.
While I mostly agree, Rampage does strike me as the type of guy who can be hot and cold. Getting a few KOs under his belt could be increasing his confidence even if it is against much lesser competition and thus translate to more motivation and a better performance from him.
I am not so sure he would lose to Rumble. Rumble likes to box, rampage has better boxing. Not sure if Rumble can get the TD and hold him down. 50/50 IMO
I would favor Rumble. He has a reach advantage and decent kicks and fewer injuries and youth on his side. I think it would be a tough fight for Rumble, more so than Davis was, but I'd have it 70/30 in Rumble's favor.

No the difference is he had a bum knee for a lot of those fights and had to get surgery. In Bellator his knee problems aren't as bad - pretty straight forward.

Save your keystrokes brother. Rampage wanted to stand and fight and make it exciting and not a wrestlefest, so obviously he's a piece of shit in the eyes of most people for some reason. People constantly say it was his fault that fights were boring, the onus was always on him to make them exciting...rather it be Jardine, Machida and Jones even for that matter, running from him....Evans holding him against a cage, Hamill going for 16 damn takedowns and not landing a single one, to BAder laying on top of a Rampage with two knees that needed surgery...the onus will always be on Rampage because Rampage bitched about people fighting boring and the UFC disrespecting him.

Again, it's always the same...if you like the fighter, it's a reason. If you dislike the fighter it's an excuse.

It has nothing to do with preference and you obviously don't know how I root in regards to rampage. You go on their you fight and you won or you lose. You lose because the other guy is better than you that day, that is the only reason. Anything else is an excuse

He's always fought for money...

Just like EVERYONE ELSE

Actually fighting for the love of the sport is different. Granted that money is involved but that's only secondary for some fighters.

Thanks for trying though.

Definitely not worth it. Might have been with Alvarez - Chandler but definitely not without it.

Damn both of you got tagged with yellows. Must have been jones/gus related.

I got dubbed the first time about the Wandy x Chael TUF brawl because I said something along the lines of Wand being a thug and a bully to a bit higher degree. I don't remember what I said exactly but Wand fans were fuming.

Then literally like an hour before that was going to expire I got another because I posted a "street fight" video in response to some ignorant dry handjob saying a woman couldn't knock out a man. It wasn't even a fight. A guy was harassing this woman and she dropped him with a hook and walked off.

Just when I have some more good AV pics as well :icon_sad:

Back