Dana white gave Rampage a career revamp

I will most likely buy it.

Damn Saturday is going to be poppin off!!

Juan Marquez- Boxing event and Bellator 120!

Rampage is always happy until he's not happy, then you'll get a cavalcade of excuses. He's a tough guy, but he's borderline top ten at this point. His years of questionable dedication, are something that he can't ever get back or make up. You see it in his loss of speed and explosiveness, specifically. He didn't look particularly good against Beltran or M'Pumbu, but he's got so much more power and talent that by the time he found the motivation to do something he took them both out. He couldn't do that at this point to guys like Bader or Glover. He always will have a puncher's chance, but he's past his prim for sure. He's talented enough to make a good run and win a title in Bellator, but not much more than that. King Mo isn't what he was either, if this was a few years ago he'd wipe the floor with Rampage.

It is fun watching Rampage knock out these lower level fighters though. Power just doesn't go away, so he's still go that going for him.

You are a idiot if you think Chael can beat Page. He would beat Hendo also and at this point i don't know about Shogun I say he would be the fav and Page has a shot a Glover in a rematch. The disrespect and lack of knowledge in this thread is mindblowing.

He is easily still top 10.

Hanging off Rampage's nut sack...

Chael UD

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Champion: Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Rashad Evans
3 Glover Teixeira

4 Daniel Cormier
5 Anthony Johnson
6 Dan Henderson
7 Phil Davis
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Chael Sonnen
10 Ryan Bader

Ya that Hendo guy would knock out Rampage....oh wait. Also Chael Sonnen!!! LOL! Not top 10 my ass!

You do realize Rampage has a whopping 1-5 record against fighters on that same list?

Rampage is top 5-10 without a doubt. The Bader fight went down the way it did due to him not being healthy...he got laid on.

I dont see why so many people want the Bellator PPV to faill....its pretty stpuid to wish that upon a company trying to help fighters get paid...fighters than are not in the UFC. People complain about the Alvarez deal but forget all too soon about how the UFC has done the exact same thing to many fighters....most noticeably Couture.

You mean when Randy had fights on his deal when Eddie didn't?

Rampage is one of the biggest names, if not the biggest, in Bellator. Of course he's happier. Ask the biggest names in the UFC if they'd rather be anywhere else. Rampage got a better deal, he could potentially be the champion and make good, consistent money against good (but not great) competition. In the UFC he can get the money, but may only diminish due to competition.

Who else in Bellator LHW would you put as a Top 10 in the UFC? Rampage is at the top, not being outshone, of course he's happy.

Me2, I've been loving his resurgence knocking people out and looking interested and determined in winning. I don't know if it's worth the 35.50 because it is a weak undercard. There is only three fights that are good, they needed either the good pitbull or Pat Curran or Douglas Lima as that extra boost to make it worth the money.

The other fights might be good. You have to watch before making judgements...

That's 7 excuses lol.

If you like the fighter those a reasons.

If you don't, those are excuses.

Show me where what he said is false. Jardine was the first fight where people started saying "Hey, If I run away from Rampage the whole time, and make him chase me...people will call HIM boring and say that I'M the winner!!"

Hell, Evans was getting the upper hand in the stand up and was still so scared that he held him against the cage for the last two rounds and still almost got knocked out.

Machida ran from him, had ONE good flurry and even then only about 35 percent of the shots thrown in the flurry landed. Rampage started swinging back and Machida snapped out of "kill" mode and went straight back to "oh shit" mode and went for the takedown and did nothing with it. Rampage hit him more from the bottom and almost powerbombed him.

Rampage, at the time. took Jones further than anyone else ever had.

People call the Hamill fight a bad fight some how, when Rampage literally dominated him from start to finish. Rampage didn't knock the guy out who had only been knocked out once at that time (and that was a body shot) so Rampage is garbage.

He fought Bader with two bum knees, and got laid on for three rounds, Bader didn't hurt Rampage once.

The Glover fight was a good fight. Glover came at him, brawled and when he did take Rampage down actually attempted some ground and pound, unlike most people that fight him.

So, show me where i'm lying and making excuses.

I like to believe that he is happy and motivated with bellator which makes me believe bellator takes care of its fighters.

Rampage will be happy for another year or two and then do something stupid, causing Bellator to scold him, which will make him all pissed off at them and talk shit, just like he did with the UFC. This has nothing to do with Bellator taking caring of it's fighters, it just has to do with Rampage being a fugaz.

You do realize Rampage has a whopping 1-5 record against fighters on that same list?

Indeed, and almost definitely he would lose to Gus, Cormier, and Rumble at this point. A Davis fight could go either way, prob, and Chael he would most likely beat. A Hendo rematch would be a toss up, IMO.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Champion : Jon Jones
1 Alexander Gustafsson
2 Rashad Evans
3 Glover Teixeira
4 Daniel Cormier
5 Anthony Johnson
6 Dan Henderson
7 Phil Davis
8 Mauricio Rua
9 Chael Sonnen
10 Ryan Bader

Ya that Hendo guy would knock out Rampage....oh wait. Also Chael Sonnen!!! LOL! Not top 10 my ass!

Dan is the only one on the list Rampage would probably have a chance against. He's lost to most of the others.

Dan is the only one on the list Rampage would probably have a chance against. He's lost to most of the others.

3 of them he's lost to are in the top 5. One was a decade ago, and the other he fought injured and got wrestle fucked. All losses are losses, but not all losses are the same.

Its easy to be happy when you are fighting Beltran and M Pumbu.

If UFC gave Page easy fights to get him winning he would have been happy, UFC tried to give him Bader figuring he'd win but he couldnt.

So yeah when you have to fight Jones, Glover, Bader, Machida, fight top guys each fight and you cant win vs the top guys I'm sure it kills your enjoyment in the sport.

People saying he wasnt motivated? Give me a break.

Yeah not motivated to fight the best in the world and win the titel and make more money, not motivated to fight Glover in front of 5 million people knowing if you win your next contract from whoever you sign with will be bigger.

But nah he wasnt motivated. he is motivated to fight Joey Beltran though.

He's the same Rampage but he is fighting weak competition so he wins and knocks them out which makes him happier than losing to the best guys in the world.

Thats the difference.

I'm not going to sit here and predict the future. I don't know if the fight will be good or not. But on paper? That crap isn't getting 35 of my dollars. Even with the Alvarez Chandler fight on it I'd really question prying open my wallet.

It would cost me only slightly more to go see UFC 174 live. Not gonna do that either cause on paper that card is cat poop.

Back