Dana White, Fertitta Brothers, UFC Execs, Conor... "IF" Nate somehow wins ufc196...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by yellowRose, Feb 24, 2016.

1. yellowRose

yellowRose White Belt

[​IMG]

And sherdog explodes....

pbateman likes this.
  2. Gabe

Gabe Saturdays are for the Boys

Ita sad how bad you want this to happen.

Notorious GOAT likes this.
  3. yellowRose

yellowRose White Belt

Just saying "IF". And i'm indifferent to the result, just can't wait for the fight as a fan. win/win for me as a fan of both.

4. helltoupee

helltoupee Black Belt

No, they booked this fight against Nate @ 170 for a reason.

If Conor somehow loses, and I highly doubt it, they can always just say that Conor is a FW who jumped to WW to save the card, and there's no shame in that. Conor has nothing to lose in this fight at all. Here's to holding on to the hope that Diaz surprises everyone and comes out and takes Conor down.

5. Cry0Therapy737

Cry0Therapy737 Brown Belt

Doubt they'd be that upset, I'm sure they'd like to see Conor fight Lawler at 200 which would be a big marketable fight although it's a bad move on their part, Conor is still gonna be the Featherweight Champ and can run back to 145 with a title to defend.

6. Yari

Yari ななせまる

Even if he loses, and it is bound to happen, he is still going to be a huge draw.

7. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

If Nate manages to squeeze Conor's neck then it really F's up their plans doesn't it. I don't see how he gets RDA if Nate wins. He sure as shit doesn't get Lawler. He will be forced back down to 145 where he can reign over the 5'6" fighters of the world like Skeletor.

[​IMG]

8. yellowRose

yellowRose White Belt

I emphasized IF and somehow..... objectively I believe Conor will win

9. helltoupee

helltoupee Black Belt

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that this fight easily has built-in excuses if something weird happens and Nate wins.

Micsterator likes this.
  10. yellowRose

yellowRose White Belt

That's true.... Pettis and Cerrone were even worst matchups for conor, but they gave us the 11 days of hype with Nate which is easier to sell.

11. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

LOL such a weak ass line of thought if they do that because Nate is a 155'er, not a Welter. I don't see how they can possibly, with a straight face, rebook the RDA fight if Conor gets choked out by Diaz or outpointed.

yellowRose likes this.
  12. yellowRose

yellowRose White Belt

Exactly... he get's frankie or jose next if nate wins. But then again, ufc will justify anything for conor getting what he wants

13. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

how is connor supposed to fight at 170 and than drop back down to 145 later? I think if this fight ends up actually going thru Connor wont fight at FW again

14. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

The entire thing has just been bizarre. Did they bow down and suck Brock's dick when he sold almost 5 million PPV's in 4 fights, one of them being the all time record of 1,600,000 sells? How about the fact GSP over his career probably sold more PPV's than any fighter in history and he basically got thrown under the bus by Dana. Why Conor? Why does he get this treatment when other fighters who have sold more PPV's, and who have had a more complete game like GSP, never got this treatment? The entire Conor McGregor phenomenon from the way the UFC treats him, to his oddball fanbase that worship him at cult status is inexplicable. He literally brings nothing to the table that we have not seen before.

15. wake_me

wake_me Black Belt

I really don't think Dana likes him, regardless of what he says. Probably because he doesn't bow down to him. Why else would hew say he didn't believe he could beat RDA? Not something a fight promoter should be saying.

16. wake_me

wake_me Black Belt

Just speculating, but maybe because with Brock and GSP they weren't the only superstars with drawing power the UFC had at the time.

The Clark likes this.
  17. wartor

wartor Thug #22 Belt

Would not be surprised at all if Nate wins, would not be surprised at all if he pisses hot for weed. This fight has very few surprises, other than if McG can KO Nate in less than 60 seconds, now that would be a surprise.

Sin City and Aranha21 like this.
  18. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Blue Belt

I believe 170 - 180 is his natural weight before any cuts. 6 months to prepare and cut 35 pounds is more than enough.

19. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

Dana is smart as fuck man. By saying he doesn't think McGregor can beat RDA, when he really believes McGregor will win, then when McGregor does beat RDA he becomes even larger than he is and Dana can book him for a 170 title fight for an even bigger payday and then say, look what he did to RDA, RDA was a KILLER! We've never seen a fighter on planet earth like Conor Mother Fucking McGregor ya goofs!

20. TewPoint0

TewPoint0 DHEA Abuser

He KO'd Jose fucking Aldo with one punch! That's crazy and something we haven't seen before. The hype is justified and it's ok, guys. Just enjoy the bizarre spectacle that's about to take place.