Dana White: Ferguson agreed to fight Khabib only for exactly what Khabib makes-"that aint happening"

That's Lame AF???Why not give him the one fight compensation. I know he can't bring Russia to him but people want that fight. I guess Khabib Vs Aldo could be back on the table.

"you don't know for sure either"

followed by 3 paragraphs of pure speculation

top lel

I think I'll stay more inclined to believe the UFC is cheap based on the infinite amount of times we've seen them showcase how cheap they are - thanks!

Now you're just being a moron, intentionally I might add, because you don't have a reasonable rebuttal.

It's okay. Be butthurt about it. It'll make you feel better, I'm sure.

Seem odd.

At this point my guess is that Dana is trying to nip this shit in the bud in regards to fighters taking the hard-line negotiation tactics. He let's Conor and Ronda do it for obvious reasons, but I think he's trying to make an example of the rank and file guys.

This whole thing from Aldo allegedly being offered a fight, to this, just reeks of the UFC trying to make an example out of Tony.

Now you're just being a moron, intentionally I might add, because you don't have a reasonable rebuttal.

It's okay. Be butthurt about it. It'll make you feel better, I'm sure.

That was my actual rebuttal though. You said I don't know for sure and then spent the next 3 paragraphs completely speculating on how valuable and awesome Khabib is. His show/win money have been made public before and it was nothing. I will, once again, be more inclined to side with Ferguson/fighters that have constantly stated how the UFC gives them nothing.

The no.1 contender debate for 155 is pretty much between these 2. There's no way out of it unless they take turns.

"You get an idea" doesn't mean you know for certain
His most recent fight, meaning the most accurate number we would have, was not even reported (Khabib) because 205 didn't release salary.
Actualy I don't think Ferguson's last salary was released either.

So yeah, you literally DONT know how much they made.

And more than that, the more important point here - and that's value. The UFC perceives Khabib to be the more valuable fighter. So they will pay him more. They don't think Ferguson is on that level, so they wont. What, you think they can't sell Khabib Conor if the Ferguson/Khabib fight doesn't happen? Or maybe you think they can go into Russia and sell a card with Tony Ferguson as the headliner.

Blame Ferguson, he set the world on fire with a win over RDA in a mainevent and had the chance to steal some headlines and play the game. He didn't. Sucks to be him. You're just pissy because a fight you want to see wont be made, this kind of shit probably happens all the time. The mistake Dana made here was making it public.

Both Tony and Khabib have a great case for the belt. Both have great win streaks, one is undefeated and makes for go technical grappling matchs while the other one puts on exciting fights. One fought consecutively for years while the other one took a crazy amount of breaks between fights.

I'd say they should have the exact same amount of leverage. Anyone that doesn't see that is to busy gettibg spit-roasted by Dana and Khabib.

Khabib made 26k+26k and 5k from Reebok at UFC 205. Have they made a new deal or what I'm missing here?

that's ducking

imagine if everyone follows suit, demanding raises
Agreeing to fight someone(as Dana supposedly confirmed), is not ducking dude. Compensate the motherfucker for the job you are asking him to do.

Says the runner Aldo. Better keep running, Max even with a hurt ankle, is catching up.
<36>

gsp better comeback, beucase holy shit, you're start to talk shit about guys like aldo and stuff that doesn't even make sense

also, @thatKid and @KONE

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

@LouisBolanos bless

Seem odd.

At this point my guess is that Dana is trying to nip this shit in the bud in regards to fighters taking the hard-line negotiation tactics. He let's Conor and Ronda do it for obvious reasons, but I think he's trying to make an example of the rank and file guys.

This whole thing from Aldo allegedly being offered a fight, to this, just reeks of the UFC trying to make an example out of Tony.

Dana has said that Conor has not once ever tried to renegotiate his contract.

That's what a lot of fighters have been trying to do recently, Chael was going off about it on his show.

Dude just stop. Max got what he wanted then decided he didn't want it.
Except what he wanted was a fight with Aldo. He was TOLD what date, right after his fight, before he was even medically cleared. If you are suggesting Max chose that date because it worked for him you are being completely disingenuous, because you know that is 100% false.

Question, if Aldo accepted, then the next day found out he had an injury where he could not train for 4-6 weeks and said let's push the fight back so we can both be ready, would you slam Aldo for that? We can always go back to Aldo's rib injury if you need a refresher ...

He has zero leverage. Nobody but hardcore fans give a shit about Ferguson.

Khabib does. And Khabib only wants to fight Tony and Conor, with Conor not being an option. So if they don't pay Tony enough to fight Khabib for a fake belt during Conor's layoff, what's going to happen to the LW division?

Khabib has the potential to be a star by being a Russian champion who took out the most popular fighter in the game.

Tony doesn't have that potential drawing power, at least on paper.

Tony understands that he has leverage right now. They need him to keep this division going right now, and the UFC wants him to knock off Khabib for Conor

I don't see it. Tony has ZERO leverage. Khabib is the higher ranked fighter. He doesn't need to fight anybody else to get a TS. Where as Tony would have to leapfrog Khabib. Instead of depending on Tony to knock off Khabib. Just schedule Conor vs Tony instead. They don't need Tony to knock off shit.

The UFC can do whatever it wants.

ZERO leverage for Tony.

giphy.gif

FOR GOD'S SAKE, PAY HIM HIS MONEY

Back