Dana White Explains Why Conor is Ahead of Gaethje if He Beats Cowboy at 170

Translation: Dana makes silly excuses only casuals accept

Conor beating Cerrone at WW would be more impressive than Gathje beating him at LW.

Not to mention Gathje failed to win a single round against Alvarez and Poirier just last year.

Conor is the better fighter and bigger draw.

Thats not really the issue...
The issue is that Conor might get a title shot at 155 for a fight at 170..
If you want a title shot you should at least fight in that division..
After this fight Conor has more fights at 170 than at 155 in the UFC.

If Conor wins he “Should” have to fight Justin for who gets the next TS damnit.

Imagine giving dana or conor your money like that, what a morons.

Gaethje already beat Cowboy and doesn't get the shot. Conor beats Cowboy and gets a shot. No matter how you try to rationalize it, it doesn't make any fucking sense. Gaethje should've gotten the fight against Conor, it's a much more interesting matchup that's dangerous to both guys. Cowboy is coming off of 2 brutal stoppages and is over the hill.

"Look at what Conor's done over the last whatever years..."

Um, nothing? He has one win at 155lbs, and is largely unproven in the division. Losing to Khabib doesn't make you number 2 forever. He shit the bed in that fight, and offered nothing the entire time.

For all we know Conor would lose to everyone in the top 10, but we'll never find out since Conor keeps playing games instead of solidifying his ranking in the division by actually fighting.

Gaethje has been out there proving himself, and of course he's gonna get shafted by the bald fuck.

Figures Dana is complaining that Gaethje turned down fights, but Dana failed to provide a reason why or explain what he offered him. I really doubt that Gaethje turned down the Conor fight, which means that Conor is ducking him hard.

For what it likely is, Dana offered shit options to someone who is next in line for a title shot. But of course he's going to act like Gaethje doesn't want to fight...

Fuck you Dana. Fuck you Conor. Fucking clowns playing games. I'll be glad when you're all gone. I hope Conor ends up getting fucked up worse than Ronda did.

If Conrad will fight anybody then why isn’t he fighting GayChee for the righteous 155 contendership...?

<JagsKiddingMe>
Because Gaethje is joke and has nothing for Conor. Conors sloppy seconds already stiffened up him twice. Cowboy has good groundgame aswell unlike Gaethje who's style is tailormade for Conot

UFC is even MORE embarrassing than boxing

Or it's getting damn close anyway

It's not a real sport and never will be legit

Quick cash grabs is all these fuckers care about

Because Gaethje is joke and has nothing for Conor. Conors sloppy seconds already stiffened up him twice. Cowboy has good groundgame aswell unlike Gaethje who's style is tailormade for Conot

Ok Conor's sloppy seconds beat him, I will give you that

You do realise that Conor is fighting Justin's sloppy seconds??

Justing destroyed the 70 year old Cowboy and now Conor is looking to fight the pensioner next??

Now I understand why he hit that pensioner in the pub.

He was preparing for cowboy!

Saying this for the THIRD time now. Best thing that can happen for MMA fans is Conrat going to prison ASAP for 5 years minimum, him becoming a vegetable somehow or flat out retiring. The quicker he is out of MMA the better, hopefully his cancerous fans go with him!

Conor will fight Khabib at 170, but it will be for the LW title and Khabib will still have to cut to 155, so its fair to Connor.

And Conor will be allowed as many fence grabs and foul shots as he wants. That's only fair.

And also, Herb Dean as the referee.

Only kids believe that the UFC is real at this point. Having real fights doesn't mean a whole lot when you can do whatever the fuck you want with the results.

Honestly, UFC fans need to start growing up and switch to pro wrestling already because the UFC is for kids. The only real marks these days are UFC fans.

It's more embarassing to call yourself an MMA fan now than it ever was during the height of the Tapout-shirt-wearing-meathead era.

I mean I don't know...
Dana is saying that Conor has enough credits he doesn't have to fight Justin to get the shot.
Miočić was KO'd first round end he got the rematch.
We can shit on Conosr performance,but officially he did the best against Khabib cause he at least won one round, and that is the only round judges ruled against Khabib in the UFC.

He was the first double champ. No one ever done it. Not GSP, not Aderson, not Jones...Holloway tried and lost to a guy COnor KO'd in a first round. Even if it is Eddie Alvarez it was a perfect perfrmance.
And don't forget that he was supposed to fight RDA but RDA pulled out.

So, I don't have a big problem of him getting a rematch, especially if he gives some oldscholl performance against Cowboy.
And if he loses that's it.
So even the most hardcore haters should want this fight - obviously they don't believe he can get past Khabib, so it's easy money for Khabib, and this time Conor never fights again.

So it's win win for everybody - if he wins he is obviously one of the best fighters ever, if he loses we will never see him again.

holy shit. sherdog will be triggered by this.
edit. too late....

I mean I don't know...
Dana is saying that Conor has enough credits he doesn't have to fight Justin to get the shot.
Miočić was KO'd first round end he got the rematch.
We can shit on Conosr performance,but officially he did the best against Khabib cause he at least won one round, and that is the only round judges ruled against Khabib in the UFC.

He was the first double champ. No one ever done it. Not GSP, not Aderson, not Jones...Holloway tried and lost to a guy COnor KO'd in a first round. Even if it is Eddie Alvarez it was a perfect perfrmance.
And don't forget that he was supposed to fight RDA but RDA pulled out.

So, I don't have a big problem of him getting a rematch, especially if he gives some oldscholl performance against Cowboy.
And if he loses that's it.
So even the most hardcore haters should want this fight - obviously they don't believe he can get past Khabib, so it's easy money for Khabib, and this time Conor never fights again.

So it's win win for everybody - if he wins he is obviously one of the best fighters ever, if he loses we will never see him again.

Why would anybody give a shit how much money khabib makes? That's a nutthuggere excuse for justifying shitting match making. As far as him being double champ, list the #1-10 ranked guys he beat in either division to get there.

If you thought the BMF belt was a fun gimmick then you have lost your right to complain about this. It's out of the same playbook.

Khabib might not be all about money but Abdulmanap and Ali are so I think this fight will happen.

Doesnt mean I agree with it. If Conor beat cowboy and won an eliminator against Justin or Dustin then you can make an argument for the rematch.

Assuming Tony get beat and the timing is not right for him to be the eliminator fight.

I wouldn't rule out Conor calling out Jorge Masvidal either for the BMF belt. A bullshit belt that you never have to defend. Right up Conors alley.

Back