Dana White: Dillashaw, Faber 'have made it very clear that they will fight each other

You're only as good as your last fight. If he comes in against TJ like he did against Gagnon(looked worse here than he did the Dillashaw fight imo) he will get destroyed and I say this as a fan. If he can get back to the form he was in before losing the belt then he can definitely get the belt back.

I can agree with this. However, Bar

He should fight Demetrius Johnson

but apparently ruining an entire PPV because of your incompetence and unprofessionalism followed up with a horrid performance trumps a champion vs champion superfight because we have to keep the Brazilian market strong.

How old are you?? 16? Grow up buddy

Barao.

Anyone using reason knows Faber should be coming off a loss to Rivera.

The one legitimate distinction I can see is that Barao had a full camp to gameplan for Gagnon. TJ had to fight Soto on less than a day's notice. And in his very first title defense, to boot.

Gagnon was ranked in the low twenties, Soto in the mid thirties.

Both got beat, but it took TJ twice as long to finish Soto. Also while Gagnon did some excellent cage stalling he never looked like finishing, so unless Hendricks was judging he was clearly losing.

only barao and faber are close to title shot and barao is likely next

Had the UFC been smart, they would have set up something along the lines of a quick tournament involving Kanehara/Alcantara/Eduardo/Font. If they had had the fighters stay active, the tournament probably could have been settled in time for a title shot by the time Cruz announced his injury. They should still go through with that IMO while Assuncao and Cruz heal. Honestly, next shot should go to MM, an MM/Dillashaw superfight is one of the best you can make in MMA right now. They'll probably give the shot to Barao though, which isn't something that I think is a good idea, but whatever.

perhaps also give Wineland, McDonald, Caraway, and Mizugaki easy bounce back fights then let them scrap it out between the four of them

Had the UFC been smart, they would have set up something along the lines of a quick tournament involving Kanehara/Alcantara/Eduardo/Font. If they had had the fighters stay active, the tournament probably could have been settled in time for a title shot by the time Cruz announced his injury. They should still go through with that IMO while Assuncao and Cruz heal. Honestly, next shot should go to MM, an MM/Dillashaw superfight is one of the best you can make in MMA right now. They'll probably give the shot to Barao though, which isn't something that I think is a good idea, but whatever.

No other division can suffer the loss of the two clear title shot contenders and still have a clear 3rd in line.

Barao needed another but hey his win streak heading into the next shot is equal to TJs when he got his.

Agrred ... i'd love a MM vs Dillashaw superfight :icon_chee

I'd prefer Barao to take another fight before the rematch just because he looked hesitant in his last fight, as a fan I'd like to have more belief in him heading into the rematch.

I'd prefer Barao to take another fight before the rematch just because he looked hesitant in his last fight, as a fan I'd like to have more belief in him heading into the rematch.

You might be the most rational Barao fan ever. Good post.

But UFC says nahhh, not right now. :icon_sad:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...haw-urijah-faber-have-made-it-very-clear-that

White said Wednesday on UFC Tonight that Dillashaw and Faber would be down to fight each other. Dillashaw is the current UFC bantamweight champion and Faber is one of the very best in the division, undefeated in non-title fights throughout his illustrious career.

"That's possible," White said. "Those guys have made it very clear that they will fight each other. We'll see what happens."

Dillashaw-Faber might happen one day, but it won't be what is next for either one of them. White said last week that former champion Renan Barao will get the next title shot against Dillashaw following injuries to top contenders Dominick Cruz and Raphael Assuncao. As for Faber, White said the UFC has someone else in mind for him.

"That's not the plan right now here today, but it's definitely a fight I'd like to see," White said of Faber-Dillashaw.r. We'll see what happens."

Back