Dana White: Demetrious Johnson has the lowest selling PPVs in UFC History.

Because I hate that division and this more than justifies flushing it and DJs rape of Silvas record with his BS division. Silva may not have had the best competition either but he starched bitches and was not smaller than my daughter.

Smaller than your daughter or not, he'd whoop your ass, your daughters ass, and everyone in your families ass. And I say this as a guy WAY WAY bigger than DJ. Show some respect to a fighter.

Read the rest of my post. It's not about the PPV itself losing money. It's a question of whether the PPV would make more, less, or the same amount without him.

Even if it makes the same as it would without him (and I honestly think they would make more without him), that's a LOSS for the UFC, because if he wasn't on the card they wouldn't have to pay him or his opponent.

How can people continue to argue that a company should give a raise to a guy who doesn't make them any money? I'm a business owner. If I can make just as much or more without a given employee, there's no way I'm keeping that employee on my payroll. It makes no sense.

crazy isn't it?!

Many of these mm fans think Dana and the UFC are running a charity.

change the name of the orginzation if its about who sells the most ppvs than the best fighting the best

But the UFC are the ones who want the best possible match up by setting up Johnson vs Dillashaw. That's the best fight available at 125.

This is about money. Johnson wants more, and the UFC is suggesting that he isn't worth more because they don't have enough money coming in from his fights. We can all take one side or the other. But when it comes to your criteria of "the best fighting the best", there's no question that the UFC is the side pushing for that.

Read the rest of my post. It's not about the PPV itself losing money. It's a question of whether the PPV would make more, less, or the same amount without him.

Even if it makes the same as it would without him (and I honestly think they would make more without him), that's a LOSS for the UFC, because if he wasn't on the card they wouldn't have to pay him or his opponent.

How can people continue to argue that a company should give a raise to a guy who doesn't make them any money? I'm a business owner. If I can make just as much or more without a given employee, there's no way I'm keeping that employee on my payroll. It makes no sense.
And you can't prove that. You guys keep talking about opportunity cost with him as the anchor. But you don't know the alternative.

You can think that it would lose money but you can't prove it. That's where you fall apart.

If you have a business, you would be able to show where the costs/benefits actually lie. But you have seen exactly zero UFC financial statements.

Smaller than your daughter or not, he'd whoop your ass, your daughters ass, and everyone in your families ass. And I say this as a guy WAY WAY bigger than DJ. Show some respect to a fighter.

why does this mm talk always end up with his fans claiming he can kick the fans who are upset at mm asses?

wtf is that?

Maybe trying a new way to hype him here.

Because I hate that division and this more than justifies flushing it and DJs rape of Silvas record with his BS division. Silva may not have had the best competition either but he starched bitches and was not smaller than my daughter.
So don't watch simple as that , crying about it won't change anything

When this is your promoter's opinion of you and it directly correllates to the money invested, is it any surprise MM draws so little?

His promoter is on TMZ badmouthing him. Think about that....Why in the fuck is the promotion taking 85% of the revenue to sabotage the fighters career?

What the fuck is the UFC giving DJ that warrants that cut?

I dont get all the "DJ is a crying millenial," crap. Basically, the people who are supposed to advertise for him are doing the exact opposite. Who is it that is actually not doing their job and demanding money in this equation?

And you can't prove that. You guys keep talking about opportunity cost with him as the anchor. But you don't know the alternative.

You can think that it would lose money but you can't prove it. That's where you fall apart.

If you have a business, you would be able to show where the costs/benefits actually lie. But you have seen exactly zero UFC financial statements.

I know I can't prove it. It's unprovable. But the other side is at least as unprovable. And with the evidence we have, I'd sure as hell rather be trying to prove that having DJ on a card doesn't amount to monetary gain than being DJ and trying to prove that it does.

"Look, Dana. I headlined that Calgary card and we got 115 k PPV! You think Rory Mac and Woodley score 115 K PPV without me? Hell naw!"

"And what about UFC 178? You figure a card is gonna get 205 k PPV with the likes of Romero, Cowboy, Alvarez, and Nunes on it if I'm not there to prop that shit up? Unlikely!"

"Now show me my money, bitch!"

... good luck with that.

Dana used to lecture us about not being real fans if we didn't like manlet fights. I think he even said once 'if you don't like DJ, stop watching UFC'.

Typical Dana White, always swaying with the wind that serves him the best.

Exactly. Fuck DJ. They probably lose money on his shit.

at an 85-15 split, they couldn't lose money on a card if they tried. The entire purse on almost every card can be paid with less than half the gate revenue.....

I know I can't prove it. It's unprovable. But the other side is at least as unprovable. And with the evidence we have, I'd sure as hell rather be trying to prove that having DJ on a card doesn't amount to monetary gain than being DJ and trying to prove that it does.

"Look, Dana. I headlined that Calgary card and we got 115 k PPV! You think Rory Mac and Woodley score 115 K PPV without me? Hell naw!"

"And what about UFC 178? You figure a card is gonna get 205 k PPV with the likes of Romero, Cowboy, Alvarez, and Nunes on it if I'm not there to prop that shit up? Unlikely!"

"Now show me my money, bitch!"

... good luck with that.
What's the alternative to putting him on the card that did 168? Do you think the UFC had a better option for that specific time and date?

It's not as if he asked for 30 million dollars.

Would someone with shoop skills please make a video of Willy Wanka Chocolate factory umpa loompa's dancing but have them with the heads of various flyweight fighters on them.

What's the alternative to putting him on the card that did 168? Do you think the UFC had a better option for that specific time and date?

It's not as if he asked for 30 million dollars.

I'm saying they actually don't need an alternative. They could literally leave his fight off the card, move the co-main to main, move every other fight up one slot, have one less prelim, and sell just as many PPVs, perhaps more, and save the cost of DJs paycheck.

Feel for DJ. Hes a fighter at thr end of the day nothing more. Hopefully they can work something out.

I'm saying they actually don't need an alternative. They could literally leave his fight off the card, move the co-main to main, move every other fight up one slot, have one less prelim, and sell just as many PPVs, perhaps more, and save the cost of DJs paycheck.
Or get less than 100k. Then go an a TMZ tirade about how they can't sell ppvs.

Back