Dana White Contender Series - Season 4

I'll be adding these three to the main post - fights might start coming thick and fast now which is cool!

None of Smith, Romero or Breeden look especially good in my opinion, standard fodder. Romero has that unbeaten record I guess and Breeden has the James Krause connection.

I've trained with Romero off and on since he was 15 kid is a beast, but he isnt a mean guy, which may be an issue in this fight. That said, He had problems getting fights because grown ass men would back down 2 or 3 weeks out from the fight when he was 18, or they wouldnt accept it at all.

FW bout added to the second episode:

TJ Laramie (11-3) vs. Daniel Swain (20-9-1)

Laramie is a staple of the Canadian circuit and beat Charles Jourdain a few years ago, Swain is one of those guys who 5-6 years ago would have been a great addition to TUF but nowadays is a bit of a journeyman.

FW bout added to the second episode:

TJ Laramie (11-3) vs. Daniel Swain (20-9-1)

Laramie is a staple of the Canadian circuit and beat Charles Jourdain a few years ago, Swain is one of those guys who 5-6 years ago would have been a great addition to TUF but nowadays is a bit of a journeyman.

Wanted Laramie on, I think he'll get signed.

Yet another chance for Phil Hawes.

Dunno if Buys is married to JP Buys, they train out of the same gym according to Tapology.

Last edited:
Fucking hell!! That's one hell of a catch up to wake up to!! Haha. Thanks boys, much appreciated.....I'll update the main post....

Hawes vs. Bestaev - yep, definitely love Hawes don't they. Chance after chance, he knows the right people doesn't he. This is very winnable but also, a 6ft 6in guy can always land a shin to the dome like Marquez did.

Nchukwi I find very interesting but even with a win I can see him getting a devleopmental deal. Matavao looks tiny for the division, too.

It's do or die now Knight. He's 32 already, if he doesn't get the contract this time he can kiss the UFC goodbye. Brundage hasn't fought the best of competition and seems more like a blown-up MW so Knight has a chance to impress here.

Syler will get his contract this time I reckon, he looked good last time IIRC bar the weight-miss.

Brady Huang seems a bit can-crushy to be honest.

All added to the main post.

Melsik doesn't get paid by the hour, his last recorded fight times on Tapology are 14 seconds, 9 seconds and 7 seconds.

Couple of equally inexperienced can-crushers but both appear to be strikers, so that one could be a guaranteed contract-winning finish! Added.

I'm on the booze today so will update the main psot tomorrow with the two fights above. Neither of those fights are doing anything for me, all 4 guys seem to have fought a pretty consistent low level of competition. In fact, so far, I must say the roster is looking very underwhelming. Maybe a lot of the A-Category picks for the season are unable to enter the country or unwilling to fight, so they're defaulting to B-Category guys. Usually, there's 5-10 guys per season that you know are considered blue-chip prospects - not the case so far, here.

I'm on the booze today so will update the main psot tomorrow with the two fights above. Neither of those fights are doing anything for me, all 4 guys seem to have fought a pretty consistent low level of competition. In fact, so far, I must say the roster is looking very underwhelming. Maybe a lot of the A-Category picks for the season are unable to enter the country or unwilling to fight, so they're defaulting to B-Category guys. Usually, there's 5-10 guys per season that you know are considered blue-chip prospects - not the case so far, here.

I think a lot of the guys who would have been on it just went straight onto the main roster with covid too. I think Aguilera, Roskopf, Ivy and a few others would have been on.

<{Heymansnicker}>Change from 'Tuf' to Contender. What marketing whiz came up with that?

Back