@Blue
Reaction score
Week 10, the last episode of Season 6

Dana White Contender Series MMA, Week 10
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
8:00 PM eastern

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/89503-contender-series-2022-week-10
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/66943
https://events.mixedmartialarts.com/DWTNCS-Season-6-Episode-10:52ba7b10-c2d4-4a5d-96a0-4237bb2acdd2
https://www.sherdog.com/events/Dana-Whites-Contender-Series-Contender-Series-2022-Week-10-93236
https://www.espn.com/mma/fightcenter/_/id/600022212/league/ufc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_White's_Contender_Series_Season_6
http://ufcstats.com/event-details/7e7d81bf162a5ec1

Jack Jenkins reach is 173 centimeters which is 66.9 inches

PPXrqAJ.png

LKyETgT.png

Polling winners on Tapology:
(32-17 in 2021, 65.3%, -188 implied)
14-5 this season between week 1-4, 73.68%, -280 implied
17-8 this season from weeks 5-9, 68%, -213 implied

31-13 overall in 2022 season, 70.45%, -238 implied

63-30 combined for 2021 and 2022 season which is 67.74% which is -210 implied

90AVRnA.png

Generated full subtitles of above interview here:

Last edited:
Can anyone find any tape on Rafael Ramos? I was taping Joao Elias and I really liked what I saw. He is very aggressive with the takedown, has a well rounded game, and has good volume/cardio. So I'm wondering why Rafael Ramos is such a sizable favorite.

Sam Patterson has very interesting striking style and seems to be very talented at sharpshooting with his shots like Conor Mcgregor, but I don't like the way he leaves his head so staticly upright. He has a very long neck which causes me even more concern for his capacity to take shots. I don't know if Vinicius is the guy to take advantage of this though, can't find any tape on him and his last fight was 3 years ago. I'm interested in Patterson's fight with Magomedov but can't find that anywhere either, would appreciate if someone could share a link or at least summarize what happened in the fight.

Can anyone find any tape on Rafael Ramos? I was taping Joao Elias and I really liked what I saw. He is very aggressive with the takedown, has a well rounded game, and has good volume/cardio. So I'm wondering why Rafael Ramos is such a sizable favorite.

His last fight was in the LFA so it's on fight pass. He looked excellent to me.

Sam Patterson has very interesting striking style and seems to be very talented at sharpshooting with his shots like Conor Mcgregor, but I don't like the way he leaves his head so staticly upright. He has a very long neck which causes me even more concern for his capacity to take shots. I don't know if Vinicius is the guy to take advantage of this though, can't find any tape on him and his last fight was 3 years ago. I'm interested in Patterson's fight with Magomedov but can't find that anywhere either, would appreciate if someone could share a link or at least summarize what happened in the fight.

I watched it at the time but I can't remember much about it, he did jump a lot on my rankings after that fight so I must have been impressed though.

He's one of those fighters that seems to get significantly better every time I see him.

I felt the same way watching Patterson. He seems to be able to get away with it due to his length which he uses really well. I'm also trying to find tape on Cenci.

Looks like Cenci has been training at Kings MMA. Based off his padwork I'm not impressed tho. Pattersons record is much more impressive on paper. Price tag is probably justified.

I felt the same way watching Patterson. He seems to be able to get away with it due to his length which he uses really well. I'm also trying to find tape on Cenci.

Looks like Cenci has been training at Kings MMA. Based off his padwork I'm not impressed tho. Pattersons record is much more impressive on paper. Price tag is probably justified.

As well as the skills it's the mentality that impresses me with Patterson. He seems to have gone out of his way to get the toughest fights possible at this stage of his career. It's rare for an English prospect to have two fights against decent Russians under their belt by now.

As well as the skills it's the mentality that impresses me with Patterson. He seems to have gone out of his way to get the toughest fights possible at this stage of his career. It's rare for an English prospect to have two fights against decent Russians under their belt by now.
be wary of a guy who's best wins are against men of much smaller stature (5'10) -Sun Tzu

real talk. I like Vinicius, he's going to nearly match Sam in size. Like when a school yard bully runs into another big guy and now might get exposed. this fight is going to be closer than the odds suggest. Im on the dog here. i like his pad work on instagram and him training with marvin . for 200+ im getting to find out how sam will do against a fellow tall man that wasn't a bum. I'll take those 200+

i can make a case for every single dog on this card

i can make a case for every single dog on this card

I tend to think people betting on Beard are reaching a little bit. Yes the odds are tempting but his TDD is shit and we're kind of relying on him finding something off his back and I don't think he's going to be able to do what he did to a tired Miles Lee to Bo Nickal who's been actively competing in grappling with decent level grapplers as well as doing the MMA.

Not seeing it with Linares either. Likes to box tall off the back foot a lot which seems tailor made for me for Jenkins to pressure forward and batter him with body work and leg kicks. I don't think his entries look like something that will work against much more than the low level dudes he's fought and Jack is pretty urgent when it comes to getting back to his feet and has reasonably good TDD imo, really good with the whizzer. I think Jenkins is going to beat him up.

I tend to think people betting on Beard are reaching a little bit. Yes the odds are tempting but his TDD is shit and we're kind of relying on him finding something off his back and I don't think he's going to be able to do what he did to a tired Miles Lee to Bo Nickal who's been actively competing in grappling with decent level grapplers as well as doing the MMA.

Not seeing it with Linares either. Likes to box tall off the back foot a lot which seems tailor made for me for Jenkins to pressure forward and batter him with body work and leg kicks. I don't think his entries look like something that will work against much more than the low level dudes he's fought and Jack is pretty urgent when it comes to getting back to his feet and has reasonably good TDD imo, really good with the whizzer. I think Jenkins is going to beat him up.
As I said, I can make the argument, not that I will play them. More so reasons I would be passing. Beard has never been finished, but has holes and is underwhelming. He is usually losing until he wins. That's probably the only way Bo loses, if the fight gets extended late and he gasses while facing adversity. The skill gap could still be big enough that he wins regardless. Linares has a lot more aggression and volume. His killer instinct is great and also has solid wrestling. The problem is he is hittable. If he fights aggressively, he will be forcing Jack to fight his fight. Jack has been finished twice and his lvl of competition on the Australian regional scene is trash as well.

As I said, I can make the argument, not that I will play them. More so reasons I would be passing. Beard has never been finished, but has holes and is underwhelming. He is usually losing until he wins. That's probably the only way Bo loses, if the fight gets extended late and he gasses while facing adversity. The skill gap could still be big enough that he wins regardless. Linares has a lot more aggression and volume. His killer instinct is great and also has solid wrestling. The problem is he is hittable. If he fights aggressively, he will be forcing Jack to fight his fight. Jack has been finished twice and his lvl of competition on the Australian regional scene is trash as well.

I think you underrate the Aussie scene a bit. A lot of guys have shitty records but I think a lot of that is because it's a small scene and the guys fight each other all the time. I think if you took a 6-4 guy like Dimps Gillies and put him in the LFA then he'd give guys problems. I also tend to notice in Oz that you guys aren't quitters so most guys are experienced and there's not a lot of guys who only fight pro once or twice and build other people's records like you get in most places.

Jack's losses were both more than four years ago, I think he's seriously shored up his sub holes since then. He didn't look like getting subbed when Rod Costa got him down for a bit and Rod is a black belt and a finisher.

I think if you make a big tournament with Jack's opponents Vs Linares' opponents then Jack's win pretty comfortably for the most part.

I think you underrate the Aussie scene a bit. A lot of guys have shitty records but I think a lot of that is because it's a small scene and the guys fight each other all the time. I think if you took a 6-4 guy like Dimps Gillies and put him in the LFA then he'd give guys problems. I also tend to notice in Oz that you guys aren't quitters so most guys are experienced and there's not a lot of guys who only fight pro once or twice and build other people's records like you get in most places.

Jack's losses were both more than four years ago, I think he's seriously shored up his sub holes since then. He didn't look like getting subbed when Rod Costa got him down for a bit and Rod is a black belt and a finisher.

I think if you make a big tournament with Jack's opponents Vs Linares' opponents then Jack's win pretty comfortably for the most part.
How's his chin? He might end up like that other aussie guy earlier in the season, and get KO'd despite doing well with volume.

How's his chin? He might end up like that other aussie guy earlier in the season, and get KO'd despite doing well with volume.

Looks fine to me, looks hard to hit clean too. I don't think Linares really has much pop either.

I've bet Jenkins. I think his workrate, variety and pressure will be too much for Linares. He's kind of juiced but I think he covers the price.

Nickal should win easily but I'm not touching it at that price incase his arm falls off or something.

Ramos/Elias price looks about right to me, I expect Ramos to win the wrestling battle between the two and control on top but Elias has dangerous subs, can wrestle himself and can make it competitive. Leaving that alone.

Really like Patterson as a fighter but can't find anything on Cenci, so gonna leave at those odds.

Mendonca/Ajim I think again is about right. Mendonca should win with a mixture of pressure and cage wrestling, but Ajim has the type of power where you can't really afford to get clean, so gonna leave it again.

Anyone been able to find any tape on Cenci? In regards to him training at Kings wasn't there a fighter cornered by Giga this season who looked bad or is my memory off?

Anyone been able to find any tape on Cenci? In regards to him training at Kings wasn't there a fighter cornered by Giga this season who looked bad or is my memory off?

Kings has it's fair share of average fighters like Ricardo Dias, Ricardo Seixas, Lenadro Gomes etc. I'm just not sure if Cenci is one of them. I'm not confident betting Patterson at that price without seeing him but I certainly wouldn't be betting him just based off the fact that he trains at Kings.

Im not brother, I live here and im involved with MMA haha. You just have to look at all the history with Australian reginal champions going to the UFC over the last 20 years. Obviously, there are exceptions like Rob and Volk, but look how much scouting gets done in NZ and Australia. I recently taped Eternal MMA, and seen Jenkins fight for the first time. I actually thought he looked good not realizing he was on acontender. But the lvl of fighters over those two cards, holly hell. And thats the best Australia has to offer regionaly

Im not brother, I live here and im involved with MMA haha. You just have to look at all the history with Australian reginal champions going to the UFC over the last 20 years. Obviously, there are exceptions like Rob and Volk, but look how much scouting gets done in NZ and Australia. I recently taped Eternal MMA, and seen Jenkins fight for the first time. I actually thought he looked good not realizing he was on acontender. But the lvl of fighters over those two cards, holly hell. And thats the best Australia has to offer regionaly

I'd say it's a mixed bag. You do get your record padders like the Mokhtarians and their mates. But Culibao, Jack, Malkoun are all doing pretty well.

I think Josh Togo looking great beating Tahir Tank the other weekend made me re-assess a little bit.

Back