Dana White: "Conor remains main event, undecided whether it will be for an interim belt"

So that means that if it really ends up being Conor Vs Cowboy.....and Cowboy wins, that mean we have a RDA rematch. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just strip RDA and make it for the vacant belt.

They need to set a precedent so these idiots stop breaking their bones a week before a 1M+ buy PPV.

Way to go, Dana.

Undeserved interim title fight, per se, but serves RDA right for his lack of professionalism.

DUMMY!

How the hell does this = interim belt

Ufc just trying to cash in on anything which will make more $$$ for a future card

I told you all years ago 2016/17 will be the final days

LMAO!

Conor has his hand up Dana's ass like no other, Conor says jump Dana says how high, haha, pathetic but I guess Dana needs Conor we all know no one else was selling his PPVs because he can't fucking promote besides Ronda.

INTERIM IT. dos anjos knew how importany this fight was. Stay uninjured. Less than 2 weeks out and the guy is sparring hard. Got his kick checked and thus broke his foot.

All that promotion and shit down the drain. There should be a policy or rule where fighters cant train so hard 2 weeks out of a fight.

Interim belt? lmao....
it just gets stupider and stupider. my god are they desperate to hand this guy belts. RDA gets injured and they hand his belt to mcgregor, it's beyond words. becomes more and more of a circus as time goes on.

it's almost like they know the cat's out of the bag now with credibility, so they're not even trying anymore.

Called it. Conor will try to force the interim belt on the UFC. Simple logic: only a championship fight can headline over another championship fight. The headliner is billed as a superfight. Can't have a superfight without 2 champions or 2 mega draws, and there are no mega draws at LW.

Interim belt would be an awesome way to rub it in RDA's face.

Beat him to stop the hype then, don't pull out 2 weeks before then. Anything but cry and whine when Conor is the one who shows up on fight night.

This would actually taint CM legacy if they did this because every true MMA fan would know how big the pile of bullshit would be of it.

What the fuck does an interim title even mean??!! (Its a rhetorical question you fucks).

Ive always hated when they do that because it doesnt mean shit unless you beat the champ.

Do any of the boneheads in this thread realize that an interim belt is being discussed to keep Conor in the main event?

Otherwise a title fight will co-main a non-title fight which is even more unprecedented than this interim situation. If you're going to blame anyone blame RDA. Just like Aldo was to blame last time this happened.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...ith-conor-mcgregor-appears-off-144511423.html

Cliffs:

• Conors reaction to RDA pulling out:

"When we told Conor, he said, 'Come on! This [expletive] guy! Oh my God! He's pulling out?' " White said. "But when we went through the options, he said he'd fight any of them.

"I swear to God, he said, 'I'll fight anyone.' He just doesn't give a [expletive]. People talk about this strained relationship between us and Conor, and he has a different style than I've ever seen, but I have never seen anyone like Conor. The closest was Chuck Liddell, but we've never had one like Conor. You think he's not hurt? But when he says he's going to fight, he's going to fight no matter what."

• Dana also denies Khabib asking for the fight, says it is just Ali AbdelAziz being a lying rat as usual.

"Ali is so full of [expletive]," White said. "What are we going to do, Khabib hasn't fought in two years and we're going to bring him in to save the show? Besides, Khabib has a fight and we gave that to Fox. It's amazing, to be honest with you. All of these managers are out there jockeying and they say they want to fight Conor. You hear these guys screaming, 'Conor, Conor, Conor,' but then when it comes time to take a fight, they turn it down and they're hurt."

I don't understand why it would possibly be for an interim belt...

I hope Conor ends up fighting Cerrone or Diaz

I like how Dana contradicts himself in the last statement:

"Ali is so full of [expletive]," White said. "What are we going to do, Khabib hasn't fought in two years and we're going to bring him in to save the show? Besides, Khabib has a fight and we gave that to Fox. It's amazing, to be honest with you. All of these managers are out there jockeying and they say they want to fight Conor. You hear these guys screaming, 'Conor, Conor, Conor,' but then when it comes time to take a fight, they turn it down and they're hurt."

Umm, Khabib offered to fight, either YOU or Conor turned it down Mr. White, not his manager or his camp.

This would actually taint CM legacy if they did this because every true MMA fan would know how big the pile of bullshit would be of it.

How will it taint anything?
They are not stripping RDA of anything.
Conor is ready to fight for the title.
RDA isn't.

Interim belt???? Not this shit again. The UFC is now a official joke as if it wasn't before.

RDA is obviously the champ right now

make a fun fight!

I like how Dana contradicts himself in the last statement:

Umm, Khabib offered to fight, either YOU or Conor turned it down Mr. White.

Dana said there was no offer from Khabib though.

Back