Dana White: Conor McGregor is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC

I'll do one better.....Show me one thread you have made, showing any type of criticism of Conor. I'll wait...
when I'm debating with people who aren't complete extremists like yourself who are actually capable of technically analysing fights and fighters, It's very clear I call things down the middle.

Thing Is, many here are so ridiculous and short sighted when It comes to Conor that I often try to shed light on the other side of things. Of which, to date, I've been mostly dead on about.

Much of the criticism as of late has been relatively petty, short sighted, hate fuelled and often ignorant of the bigger picture. One of which being money / negotiations. Many things I'd rather not even entertain due to the sheer irrationality and would rather not beat a dead horse.

Doesn't mean those criticisms aren't valid In their own way amongst certain minds, particularly him not defending up until this point, fighting Floyd, etc. Although they're often not taking Into account the bigger picture, politics and business behind the scenes..which I've instead chosen to highlight In most of my past posts.

Last edited:
Ali was hated by a huge amount of people in his prime too, Conor will be appreciated more when he's gone.

I think Conor brings out the inferiority complex in a certain type of man, and sherdog is a cesspit in that regard.
Spot on my brother

It's like your second paragraph was describing @Arm Barbarian and @I WILL CUT YOU to a fucking tee. There are some other Conor haters I'm forgetting too

I think the worst part is, is how much they allow their hatred to blind them to all reality.

As if a fighter who outclasses Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez, and Aldo isn't special

They desperately cling on to that one loss to Nate while ignoring how Conor the MUCH SMALLER fighter ERASED the loss just 5 months later at that same heavier weight

To them exceptions only prove the rule when it comes to Conor

They discredit Conor and act like it's a joke to even include Conor in the conversation, yet when you look at their favorite fighters (Conor dominated them) and the fighters they hype up as special, all have more losses then Conor, much worse losses then Conor, haven't beaten any where near the amount of truly elite opponents Conor has in the dominating fashion Conor has etc

Sometimes reading sherdog is like the twilight zone. On sherdog every top 10 fighter kills Conor. On sherdog Conor doesn't belong in the conversation because of 1 loss at 170 which he avenged 5 months later at the same weight. Never mind all his wins and accomplishments. They are so far detached from reality

But like you said, people discredited the shit out of Ali during his career too

When Conor retires years and years from now, i bet these haters will be the first ones crying about how much they miss Conor and about how special Conor truly was

There will never be another Conor again. Conor is like a mix of Ali+Bruce Lee

I just hope the same people who who kept going on and on about how scared Connor was of Khabib - and how Khabib is going to expose Conor, man up and give Conor his credit if/when Conor dominates Khabib in every facet of MMA and makes it look shockingly easy

All the toxic Conor hate honestly gets annoying, repetitive, and played out

They have been running wild since Conor's loss in a boxing match. It's time for them to be shut up again. It's time for Conor to remind the world once again of just how special he is

Hey Conor haters, get all that hate out now and cherish the next 2 months dearly because you are about to look foolish in 2 months. Your time is quickly coming to an end. It's time for lots of crow to be served again

Last edited:
Conor and his team working on their ground game.

tenor.gif

You do realize that it's mostly old school fans who don't put him as high. newbies usually consider him a God among men. The same theme was prevalent with Ronda Rousey fans. Longer-term fans require more context and more long-term results
Why are you bringing up what other fans think? One would almost suspect that you form your opinion mainly based on what other people think?

Wow! I cant stand Schaub but he was right. Dana was staying awake at night waiting for a call from Conor. I just hope he wipes his mouth before each press conference.

when I'm debating with people who aren't complete delusional extremists like yourself who are actually capable of technically analysing fights and fighters, It's very clear I call things down the middle.

Thing Is, many here are so ridiculous and short sighted when It comes to Conor that I often try to shed light on the other side of things. Of which, to date, I've been mostly dead on about.

Much of the criticism as of late has been relatively petty, short sighted, hate fuelled and often ignorant of the bigger picture. One of which being money / negotiations. Many things I'd rather not even entertain due to the sheer irrationality and would rather not beat a dead horse.

Doesn't mean those criticisms aren't valid In their own way amongst certain minds, particularly him not defending up until this point, fighting Floyd, etc. Although they're often not taking Into account the bigger picture, politics and business behind the scenes..which I've instead chosen to highlight In most of my past posts.

So you don't have one topic you actually criticize McGeregor in then? That is not being unbiased.
All you do is worship him, then write a phone book skirting the question, and continue to deny you are a Fanboy.

Spot on my brother

It's like your second paragraph was describing @Arm Barbarian and @I WILL CUT YOU to a fucking tee. There are some other Conor haters I'm forgetting too

I think the worst part is, is how much they allow their hatred to blind them to all reality.

As if a fighter who outclasses Holloway, Mendes, Alvarez, and Aldo isn't special

They desperately cling on to that one loss to Nate while ignoring how Conor the MUCH SMALLER fighter ERASED the loss just 5 months later at that same heavier weight

To them exceptions only prove the rule when it comes to Conor

They discredit Conor and act like it's a joke to even include Conor in the conversation, yet when you look at their favorite fighters (Conor dominated them) and the fighters they hype up as special, all have more losses then Conor, much worse losses then Conor, haven't beaten any where near the amount of truly elite opponents Conor has in the dominating fashion Conor has etc

Sometimes reading sherdog is like the twilight zone. On sherdog every top 10 fighter kills Conor. On sherdog Conor doesn't belong in the conversation because of 1 loss at 170 which he avenged 5 months later at the same weight. Never mind all his wins ans accomplishments. So far detached from reality

But like you said, people discredited the shit out of Ali during his career too

When Conor retires years and years from now, i bet these haters will be the first ones crying about how much they miss Conor and about how special Conor truly was

There will never be another Conor again. Conor is like a mix of Ali+Bruce Lee, for our time

I just hope the same people who who kept going on and on about how scared Connor was of Khabib - and how Khabib is going to expose Conor, man up and give Conor his credit if/when Conor dominates Khabib in every facet of MMA and makes it look shockingly easy

All the toxic Conor hate honestly gets annoying, repetitive, and played out

They have been running wild since Conor's loss in a boxing match. It's time for them to be shut up again. It's time for Conor to remind the world once again of just how special he is

Hey Conor haters, cherish the next 2 months dearly because you are about to look foolish in 2 months. It's time for lots of crow to be served again
Congrats man, you have knocked your post's down to half length, and stopped calling all your buddy's in to help defend Conor.

So you don't have one topic you actually criticize McGeregor in then? That is not being unbiased.
All you do is worship him, then write a phone book skirting the question, and continue to deny you are a Fanboy.
This type of response is the reason its hard to even have a conversation with most of Conor's haters...

Last edited:
LOL

He is good, but nowhere NEAR the ridiculous nut-hugging levels that are so prevalent here.

NEVER defended a single belt, and choked out by Diaz (a 19 - 11 record), and barely eked out a majority decision in the hematch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. He puts on some fun scraps. But this "McGOAT" shit is beyond laughable.
there is no shame in being beat my either diaz brother. dudes are straight savages. built for the fight game. styles make fights and he doesnt matchup well with Nate. He is far from the goat but i get a kick out if the guys that act like hes a chump because he got beat by a (19-11) fighter lol

I'm sure there are many. Most of which other people are beating to death. In an Ideal world I'd like things to happen a certain way, sure.

All of the criticisms you have brought up for example are valid In their own way and I completely understand the logic, of which I could definitely understand and might even feel the same way. I think I just acknowledge that many of these situations are more complicated than It seems with a ton of politics, business and bullshit going on that most people don't really consider.

Rather than me not having any criticisms, It's more that I've chosen not to be on a side. Or acknowledging that there are multiple angles to these situations and It's difficult for me to say anything definitively.

Last edited:
Just proves he doesnt read sherdog.

I don't believe I've ever "worshipped him" I'm not sure who's posts you've been reading. Feel free to give me some examples.

I like him, I respect him as a public figure In the world and a martial artist and I give credit where It's due. No more, no less. Hardly worshipping anyone. I give the same respect to everyone. I definitely think Conor Is a unique Individual, without a doubt. Otherwise, he would not be where he Is. I absolutely think he's extremely underrated in multiple facets.

None of which Implies worship or bias, It's simply reality.

there is no shame in being beat my either diaz brother. dudes are straight savages. built for the fight game. styles make fights and he doesnt matchup well with Nate. He is far from the goat but i get a kick out if the guys that act like hes a chump because he got beat by a (19-11) fighter lol

Conor haters truly are the worst

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

That's some how barely winning ^

They don't even give Conor the respect for taking on a Diaz brother on short notice 2 weight classes above where he had last fought.

It's downright criminal how under appreciated Conor's win over Nate in the rematch is too

Much smaller. 5 months later at the same weight. Conor absolutely OUT CLASSES Nate becoming the only fighter in MMA history to outbox Nate in MMA.

Dana is spot on. It's cirminal how under appreciated and under rated Conor is

I would love the meltdowns if Conor knocked out Khabib after shutting down his grappling

That would be the biggest blow to haters, and greatest message ever...Conor ragdolling Khabib and shutting down his grappling before knocking him out brutally on the feet...would shut the haters up instantly lol.

The dude who got beat up by late notice Diaz then ran away in the rematch?

He's decent

The dude who got beat up by late notice Diaz then ran away in the rematch?

He's decent
"Ran away"

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

More like ran his fists upside Nate's face repeatedly

Also just in case you forgot Conor has wins over Mendes, Aldo, Alvarez, Holloway

Last edited:
I'm sure there are many. Most of which other people are beating to death. In an Ideal would I'd like things to happen a certain way, sure.

All of the criticisms you have brought up for example are valid In their own way and I completely understand the logic, of which I could definitely understand and might even feel the same way. I think I just acknowledge that many of these situations are more complicated than It seems with a ton of politics, business and bullshit going on that most people don't really consider.

Rather than me not having any criticisms, It's more that I've chosen not to be on a side. Or acknowledging that there are multiple angles to these situations and It's difficult for me to say anything definitively.
Blah, blah, blah....Own it Mano, all the other Fanboys do.
Whenever some one calls you out on it, you give the same ol reply......
zAFTXbygTIs9csUb9uaHtSfLzlA=.gif

I honestly agree. He's had some incredible wins and a ton of ppl write those off completely.

Back