Dana White: Conor McGregor is one of the most underrated fighters in the UFC

UNDERRATED? he's got hundreds of fanboys him swearing he's the shit. fuck off dana

Of course he is. An uninformed minority on Sherdog don't even have him as P4P GOAT.

You do realize that it's mostly old school fans who don't put him as high. newbies usually consider him a God among men. The same theme was prevalent with Ronda Rousey fans. Longer-term fans require more context and more long-term results

UNDERRATED? he's got hundreds of fanboys him swearing he's the shit. fuck off dana

You're what he's talking about you fucking goof.

He was #2 p4p forever despite zero title defenses. In what world does that make him underrated?

Really? That’s got to be an overstatement.

I can't believe something so simple is lost on so many people. Your post nailed it. He has some amazing performances but has not been consistently tested enough to be touting him as any kind of GOAT, and consistently outsizing most of his opponents (other than a fringe top 10 he went 1-1 with) doesn't help his cause

When you stop making shit up, it's very easy to see him as a GOAT, or at least the potential to be.

Conor is both the most overrated and underrated fighter on here

Quite impressive really

I can't believe something so simple is lost on so many people. Your post nailed it. He has some amazing performances but has not been consistently tested enough to be touting him as any kind of GOAT, and consistently outsizing most of his opponents (other than a fringe top 10 he went 1-1 with) doesn't help his cause

When you stop making shit up, it's very easy to see him as a GOAT, or at least the potential to be.

I think Conor brings out the inferiority complex in a certain type of man, and sherdog is a cesspit in that regard.
Well said. This is exactly what It is

Seems quite common across a wide array of celebrities, public figures, athletes and people In the limelight In general It seems.

Kind of goes back to the Aldo fight. So many were so certain Aldo would whip Conor.. The Sherdog Reaction was about the same as Aldo's Corner..

aldo.gif

its been that way for literally every single fight. Going all the way back to fucking Porior

The narrative on sherdog is always that Conor is a bum and overrated and will be exposed by (insert next opponent here)

Then he wins in masterful beautiful fashion and sherdog is suddenly all "oh well he ducked a better fighter" or "he got LUCKY" or "he only won because hes bigger!!! size advantage"

Ali was hated by a huge amount of people in his prime too, Conor will be appreciated more when he's gone.

I think Conor brings out the inferiority complex in a certain type of man, and sherdog is a cesspit in that regard.
This is so fucking true. Conor is a self made uber-successful man. He came from nothing, told the world what he was going to do and made them all watch him succeed. This INFURIATES the losers that have absolutely nothing going on in their lives

POTENTIAL... yes, he has the potential to be. GOATS aren't based on potential. In fact if you are basing it on potential, YOU are the one making shit up. Tell me one thing i made up... or are you making shit up by insinuating i am?

Also, your name doesn't inspire confidence to your objectivity.

We've just devolved into a country full of weak followers. Celebrities are the new "gods". Social media is its omnipresent voice. This forum had a thread about another former fighter talking about his dick. On so many levels it was a perfect encapsulation of modern star worship and star deconstruction, all in one neat package taking place in the ether of the Internet. I seriously doubt in the physical world you'd find a group of grown men discussing a whole other mans opinion on the size of a man's penis. Crazy.

Oh, and Dana as usual using Conors gonads for lozenges.

He’s not underrated. He just hasn’t fought enough to really know how good he is.

How do we rate the greats of the sport? Consistently performing at a high level against a variety of styles and a variety of opponents.

Normally that is measured in title defenses—but since Conor doesn’t do that, he simply doesn’t have the criteria...

Who else gets so much credit for their potential greatness?
Ask the TS....

POTENTIAL... yes, he has the potential to be. GOATS aren't based on potential. In fact if you are basing it on potential, YOU are the one making shit up. Tell me one thing i made up... or are you making shit up by insinuating i am?

"fringe top-10" "consistently out sizing opponents" "not consistently tested enough"

These are examples. I'm sure if you spoke more, I bothered to look up some post history, I could find PLENTY more!

And it can be based on potential, when you've already accomplished enough to nearly be there. i.e. MM if he goes up in weight and wins the BW title. Jon Jones not being a junkie. etc. etc.

Who are your GOATS? Fedor and Anderson? lmao

Back