Dana White: Conor McGregor ‘is my Ali and Tyson’

Bigger than Ali? You're out of your mind. And as far as Bruce Lee, China.

Conor is essentially Bruce Lee and Ali combined. It's easy to forget, that Conor has only been here for a few years. By the time Conor has passed onto the next life, the amount of people mourning the loss will have skyrocketed from the already high number present today.

I don’t think it’s really a question that Conor will enter the pantheon of combat legends like Tyson and Ali by the end of his career. He’s already arguably had a more impressive career than Tyson and probably comparable star power. And he’s not even done yet. What happens if he KO’s Khabib? When he inevitably has a legendary scrap with GSP? etc.
I agree with part of this. Mike Tyson is the most overrated boxer ever. The Aldo win far surpasses anything Tyson did in ring.

I agree with part of this. Mike Tyson is the most overrated boxer ever. The Aldo win far surpasses anything Tyson did in ring.

Ali was an extremely hateful person when he was Conor's age, and spewed a ton of incendiary racist, anti-semitic and homophobic shit, like "all jews and gentiles are devils" and that whites are responsible for all crimes including homosexuality.

Conor does some scummy shit but next to Ali he looks like Mother Teresa. Ali in his youth held some of the most disgusting beliefs.

Conor is this generation's Ali. People today will reflect back on him in 10, 20, 30 years with the same nostalgia and fondness as people that watched Ali's career looked back on him with.

Ali was an extremely hateful person when he was Conor's age, and spewed a ton of incendiary racist, anti-semitic and homophobic shit, like "all jews and gentiles are devils" and that whites are responsible for all crimes including homosexuality.

Conor does some scummy shit but next to Ali he looks like Mother Teresa. Ali in his youth held some of the most disgusting beliefs.

I differ there. Connor is a stain on humanity. He is one the most nauseating athletes of all time. I don’t give a fuck a fighters believes in. Defend your you belt and be an active champ if you are so great. Ali had the right to say what he wanted because he earned it. Conor’s rise is a bit of a joke. Beat one legend and everyone else he should have and lost to a few journeyman.

UFC 229 ends with Conor, Dana and Brock standing over Khabib.

I differ there. Connor is a stain on humanity. He is one the most nauseating athletes of all time. I don’t give a fuck a fighters believes in. Defend your you belt and be an active champ if you are so great. Ali had the right to say what he wanted because he earned it. Conor’s rise is a bit of a joke. Beat one legend and everyone else he should have and lost to a few journeyman.

Ali had the right to be racist, homophobic and anti-semitic because he earned it?

Are you retarded? How do you earn the right to be an antisemite and homophobe?

Someone who doesn't defend his belt is a shitty champion. Someone who spews racist and hateful shit is a shitty human being period, that's way worse. Maybe you don't give a shit what Ali believed in, but millions did, and the negative social impact he had by spewing this kind of misguided incendiary hatred was 100x worse than Conor holding up a couple of divisions, which is ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of our society.

I don’t think it’s really a question that Conor will enter the pantheon of combat legends like Tyson and Ali by the end of his career. He’s already arguably had a more impressive career than Tyson and probably comparable star power. And he’s not even done yet. What happens if he KO’s Khabib? When he inevitably has a legendary scrap with GSP? etc.
Being a pop culture icon isn't the same thing as being a combat sports legend. Ali was a cultural Icon who was the greatest and sacrificed his Prime and his career for his beliefs. Tyson was a great fighter who was the most dominant in his Prime. They both won and defended their titles. Conor is famous but he is the Kim Kardashian of Combat Sports.

Well Conor’s nut gobblers can never say he wasn’t, protected, or given special treatment ever again.

Ali had the right to be racist, homophobic and anti-semitic because he earned it?

Are you retarded? How do you earn the right to be an antisemite and homophobe?

Someone who doesn't defend his belt is a shitty champion. Someone who spews racist and hateful shit is a shitty human being period, that's way worse. Maybe you don't give a shit what Ali believed in, but millions did, and the negative social impact he had by spewing this kind of misguided incendiary hatred was 100x worse than Conor holding up a couple of divisions, which is ultimately irrelevant in the grand scheme of our society.
When did Ali ever throw a dolly like petulant child? Conor could never be a homophobe considering he gets hard looking at men at weigh ins.

Again I don’t give a shit whatba fighter says outside the ring because I realize fighters are not genius’s. That was a different time and era and back then people probably agreed with it more than they disliked it.

Ali was never a stain on his sport that held up divisions and cherry picked fights. Dude you want to swallow Connie so hard, does your mom know?

Conor will be more popular than both when its all said and done.

Conor's got a long way to go to be in the same company with legends like Ali and Tyson. It's undeniable that he's the biggest star in MMA history though, but everyone knows UFC is dying so doesn't mean much in the long run.

When did Ali ever throw a dolly like petulant child? Conor could never be a homophobe considering he gets hard looking at men at weigh ins.

He didn't throw a dolly at a bus, but he did drive a bus to Liston's private residence in order to harass him, in the name of "promotion".

Again I don’t give a shit whatba fighter says outside the ring because I realize fighters are not genius’s. That was a different time and era and back then people probably agreed with it more than they disliked it.

Just because you don't give a fuck doesn't mean he wasn't a despicable racist. Plenty of Conor fans also "don't give a fuck" that he sat out for 2 years without defending a belt. What kind of bullshit argument is that? So it's only bad when you give a fuck, and if you don't give a fuck then the behavior is okay? Why, because you're the ultimate moral arbiter of the world?

Ali was never a stain on his sport that held up divisions and cherry picked fights. Dude you want to swallow Connie so hard, does your mom know?

Wow, talk about ignorance. News flash: Ali fucked up the HW title picture by draft dodging and getting himself arrested/stripped while he was champion. He sat out far longer than Conor did during his athletic prime.

If you're going to defend Ali at least do some research on the man before spewing ignorant nonsense and making a fool of yourself, dummy.

So son peyote changed his username to make a another stupid Conor thread ?

He didn't throw a dolly at a bus, but he did drive a bus to Liston's private residence in order to harass him, in the name of "promotion".

Just because you don't give a fuck doesn't mean he wasn't a despicable racist. Plenty of Conor fans also "don't give a fuck" that he sat out for 2 years without defending a belt. What kind of bullshit argument is that? So it's only bad when you give a fuck, and if you don't give a fuck then the behavior is okay? Why, because you're the ultimate moral arbiter of the world?

Wow, talk about ignorance. News flash: Ali fucked up the HW title picture by draft dodging and getting himself arrested/stripped while he was champion. He sat out far longer than Conor did during his athletic prime.

If you're going to defend Ali at least do some research on the man before spewing ignorant nonsense and making a fool of yourself, dummy.

I know all about Ali bro I just don’t care. What athletes do outside the ring don’t mean shit to me. Do you want to see Greg Hardy in the UFC? I do and he is worse than anyone.

Conor has brought the sport I love to the toilet while Ali elevated his. Fuck Conor and his fluffers like yourself.

I know all about Ali bro I just don’t care. What athletes do outside the ring don’t mean shit to me. Do you want to see Greg Hardy in the UFC? I do and he is worse than anyone.

You don't care about Ali being a racist, therefore it's okay for him to be racist?

You don't care what happens outside the ring? Then what about Ali getting stripped of the belt and license and sitting out for years during his prime, you also not care about that? Why do you cry about Conor throwing a dolly, which clearly happened outside the ring?

You're so full of shit, clearly just a Conor hater completely devoid of basic logic and reason

Conor has brought the sport I love to the toilet while Ali elevated his. Fuck Conor and his fluffers like yourself.

Well look, there it is. Another retarded hater. Could have just dropped your pretense and said this in the first place, instead of spewing all that nonsense in "defense" of Ali.

BTW, I'm gonna use your logic: I don't give a fuck all the bad shit Conor did, therefore everything he did was a-okay. If it's okay to harass someone at their home, be a disgusting racist and sit out for 3+ years during your prime and get stripped of your belt, it sure as hell is okay to do everything Conor did. Conor elevated the sport of MMA more than Aldo ever did. Keep holding bitterness deep in your bum soul.

Back