News Dana White: Conor Didn't Want To Cut To 155 lbs, Wants Khabib After Cerrone & Wants Masvidal Too

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date

What do you think about Khabib vs. Conor 2?

• Total voters
Fuck 155 & 170. Follow the Path Of BJ Penn, go all the way to the top one fight at a time, then back down. Next after Cerrone have him fight Darren Till, England VS Ireland that will sell like hotcakes.

He should challenge and fight Masvidal.

mKo1SAU.gif

Fucking fat red faced goob extraordinaire.

Khabib won't rematch him unless he beats a top LW contender.

He doesn't care about money, much like Diaz.
Diaz doesn’t care about money? You’re nuts. He doesn’t care about titles, and has talked a ton about the UFC underpaying him. He sat out for a while b4 the Michael Johnson fight over pay.

2020 will consist of him fighting

Cerrone

Masvidal

And khabib. In that order exactly. I could care less really because now it's about his personal agenda and has nothing to do with rankings or belts. I hate to say it but the way the ufc bends rules for its stars is appaling, and to be honest it's the one thing I hate most about ufc as an organization.
If he beats Cerrone and then mas then why not a shot at khabib?

It’s not like it would be different in boxing.

The UFC keep him ranked at #3 at Lightweight so that they can give him a title shot on a moment's notice.

He has the best of both worlds. If he beats Cerrone, they'll give him a title shot at 155 even though this fight isn't at Lightweight. If he loses, he keeps his Lightweight rank because this fight isn't at Lightweight. Conor loses nothing from this fight which is entirely by design.

both guys were on 1 fight win streaks. exactly what Conor will be if he beats Cowboy. all that title reign stuff with multiple defenses pale in comparison to Conor being a mega superstar and the biggest draw in UFC history.

it's exactly the same, except for the fact he's fighting a guy up a weight class. Conor isn't asking for a title shot immediately, he wants to fight Cowboy then afterwards Khabib. it makes as much sense as Edgar getting a title shot vs Aldo for losing his title at 155lbs. you act like Edgar destroyed Benson and they just handed Benson the title for surviving. both fights were competitive and were difficult to score. accept the losses.
Yeah, except he's not, hence my comparison to those guys beating Cub at 155 to earn their LW title shot and popularity and all that bullshit should have no bearing on title shots unless 2 top contenders are equally deserving of a shot but they opt to give the bigger star the first one.

I called it from the beginning and I’ll call it again, if McGregor beats Cerrone and Khabib beats Ferguson, they will give Conor the title shot.
They will pay Khabib a shit ton of money and the fight will be in Las Vegas.

So much butthurt in this thread. I hope McGregor gets the fight just to see the meltdown. Anyway, he has nothing for Khabib and it would end up like the first fight.

I will never blame anybody for not wanting to cut weight.

By all accounts, cutting weight is not fun.

Back