dana white confirms brendan loughnanes late takedown cost him ufc contract

They are not guaranteed a contract as far as I know.

Yeah, we've heard about 4 times already.

Breaking news, nonetheless.

He's Conor McGregor's boyfriend.. Do you expect anything less from the guy? He has his pictures of him hanging all over his bedroom, just like his office.

Meh, sure, he had goot footwork, good skills overall. He would be a run of the mill fighter in 145. I don't want anyone who is decent to get into the UFC. He would make 0 splash in the UFC.

The just bleed gods have spoken. Fuck using strategy within the rules to get the W.

Dana confirms? So, he’ll be in the UFC by end of the year.

He was handily winning that round and fight, there was really no need to "secure" anything.

No one said a win equals a contract. There's a lot of Sherdonking over this.

“That kid is absolutely going to be in the UFC someday,” White said. “He’s got the record, he’s got the skill, he’s got the great story. I think he’s hilarious. Just not tonight.”

Dana White apparently unaware that Loughnane already fought in the UFC.

do we really need more Cans and gatekeepers in the UFC?.......cans and Gatekeepers please go to your league AKA Bellator and One FC.......

do we really need more Cans and gatekeepers in the UFC?.......cans and Gatekeepers please go to your league AKA Bellator and One FC.......
Derrick lewis is the biggest can in the ufc getting paid like 500k fuck you mean lol

He was handily winning that round and fight, there was really no need to "secure" anything.
Its comparable in boxing to saying you threw some body shots instead of head shots at the end of round 12 so were not gonna sign you. Its bs.

But yeah, your right he was easily winning the fight but takedowns are offensive moves and a legit part of mma. For Dana to come out and say that's why he isnt signed, is crazy talk. Might as well just remove takedowns from mma alltogether then. Call it kickboxing:)
Just my 2 cents

Derrick lewis is the biggest can in the ufc getting paid like 500k fuck you mean lol

I respectfully Disagree......He even fought for the title....but yes, of course they are cans in the UFC ...UFC needs cans but just some here and there......

Meh. Fight was meh, the guy was meh, and ultimately, Dana felt his strategy was meh.

Is normal. Fuck that guy

No different than any job interview.

There's 20 applicants, just being skilled and competent doesn't necessarily get you the position if they're looking for a super star.

The takedown just sealed his mediocrity, in Dana's opinion.

Back