Dana White calls Lawler's loss to Hendricks "Controversial"

What a fucking idiot. Nothing controversial about Hendricks beating Robbie--as much as I wanted Robbie to win. He has a hardon for Robbie. It's pathetic.

snap outta it.

robbie was picking him apart entire time.

As annoying as it is to have every fight that has a round of difference between two fighters, I can just imagine how fucking awful this would be if we scored fights as a whole. We'd be talking minute by minute analysis.

"ROBBIE WON 13:24 OF THAT FIGHT I KNOW IT!"
"BUT JOHNY'S 11:36 MATTERED MOAR ARGGG"

headaches. Headaches everywhere.

no then we would just look at who won the actual fight.

there would be no gsp/hanricks, machida/rampage, forrest/rampage, gus/bones, handricks/lawler controversy

No body wants to see a fight like that again.

He's just hyping the rematch nothing to see here.

He was the numnuts who said he scored the fight 3-2 for Hendricks right after it happened.

^^ He also gave Rd 5 of GSP hendricks to Hendricks, that is some poor fucking scoring Dana.
Cecil would laugh at him

Hendricks/Lawler 2? Why not? I'd love to see that.

JKS, of course you want to see it again.

snap outta it.

robbie was picking him apart entire time.

As a big fan of Lawler, can you guys stop being irrational?

Robbie was not winning the entire fight, he lost, 3 rounds to 2, extremely clearly. He was losing the 5th already and as if there was a doubt, Hendricks landed the takedown and maintained top position for the last minute.

He even said it, he even recognized the mistakes he made that cost him the fight and speaks of how he would do it differently.

Judge the fight through unbiased lenses and score it round by round. There is only one winner.

Ps this is not an attack on you, I've just seen a lot of people saying the same thing.

I guess it could have been a draw, but if they're judging round by round Hendricks won.. Just like GSP beat Hendricks.

No, it was a clear 10-9 for Hendricks. Sorry, this whole thing of "The guy who gets a takedown and doesn't murder whoever he takes down doesn't deserve to win the round" thing is just getting ridiculous. It's part of MMA. Robbie knows it, which is why he didn't bitch about the decision. All he had to do was stop the TD and he didn't. And Johny was nowhere near as hurt as the people rooting for Robbie thought he was. 10-9 Hendricks.

Rematch should be interesting if and when it happens

its one thing to question the rule, its like that, lame ass takedowns when the guy doesnt do shit its still scored (dont even remember exactly if hendricks did something)

but is it fair to score a takedown when the guy who took him down actually didnt do anything?

its one thing to question the rule, its like that, lame ass takedowns when the guy doesnt do shit its still scored (dont even remember exactly if hendricks did something)

but is it fair to score a takedown when the guy who took him down actually didnt do anything?

You mean like Gus' impressive TDs in the Jones fight?
Jones got up, guess they dont mean shit

=D

y it really was kinda nothing but in today's rules it would guarantee a 10-9

Tds didnt win him any roinds, only reason people got worked up about them was he was the first guy to do it. Plus that was supposed to be his weakness.

but lawler's guard wasn't even closed :( The action halted pretty much right when the takedown happened. Halting action shouldn't be encouraged in mma

I agree with this. Johnny`s takedown shouldn`t have "sealed" the round for him. After the TD, he did nothing to advance his position. He just clung on to Robbie`s shorts to immobilize both fighters and ride out the round. He was literally clinging on for dear life; it was like he was saying, "Please don`t beat my ass any more Mr. Lawler!" It was such an anti climatic "win" and it encourages passiveness or pushing the pace as a way of winning. I don`t see how that is good for the sport.

Jarl

Back