Dana White "Boats are expensive..."

voodoo chile1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

"Boats are expensive. You gotta really love boats and use it all the time to get a boat."

gotta love it, dana's old ass aging like fine wine. he may have made a bunch of mistakes in the past but he ain't making very many anymore...

Chuck steering Dana's big boat^^ :rolleyes:
RevolvingShinyFowl-max-1mb.gif

You gotta plan 15-25% of the overall value in yearly costs. I bet he's docking all year too (pause). Boats are stupid expensive.

Boats are pretty damn expensive tbf.

I never understood why boats cost as much as they do, they must have an insane profit margin.

I just got the bill to service my drive and change the fresh water impeller….. he’s not kidding.

I really, really wanted to learn sailing but everyone keeps telling my how damn expensive owning a sailboat is lol.

Someone told me, if I pay like $40K upfront, then MONTHLY service costs of like $350-$900 I get to use the boat 6 weeks out of the year. FUCK.THAT.

Boats are pretty damn expensive tbf.
True dat. Fucking money pits and just lose value with the quickness. Have you seen the prices on a new wakeboarding boat?!?! Holy fack!

It's a lot smarter to rent them. The same holds for RVs so many people also buy those and use them a few weeks a year when they could just rent them for way less. Dana's right there is no reason to buy a boat unless you are going to use it all time.

Last edited:
Someone told me, if I pay like $40K upfront, then MONTHLY service costs of like $350-$900 I get to use the boat 6 weeks out of the year. FUCK.THAT.
Yep. Same here in Canada. Why would you want to own a boat when most of the seasons you can't/don't want to use it?

Back