Dana White: "Big Nog has agreed to retire"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
Dana playing Dad again.

You care about your fighters health so much why don't you pay them fair?

Nog should have retired after he fought Couture

You think this guy needs money? LOL he's been a millionaire since pride. He fights because he likes it. Not everyone doing combat sports are broke, just the majority.

White is power-hungry, and forces fighters to retire just to satiate his need for control.

Nogueira was competitive against Struve, and is still a top 15 fighter. Had at least one big marquee match left against Cro Cop, which is potentially winnable for Nogueira.

Everything you just typed is false, Big Nog needs to retire.

36G14Bk.gif

Still, thank you, Big Nog. It was a pleasure watching you. Hats off.

Good for Nog, he looked like a shell of his former self in there against a mediocre Struve. War office Nog.

Who knows, maybe dana acted for the right reasons. In any event, hope Nog has a good retirement.

Father Time is the undefeated GOAT. Glad to see Big Nog finally retire, it's depressing to see a legend like him fight way past their prime. Five years ago people would've laughed and told you to go fuck off if you told them a fight between Nog and Struve would be competitive.

Congratulations to him in his well deserved retirement. The word legend gets tossed around a lot in sports in this case it's well deserved. I'm glad to see Dana taking care of the Pride legend

Sad to see him go, but it's been sad to see such a great fighter getting beat by guys who wouldn't have belonged in the ring with him in his prime. Last night, it looked like the fight was held underwater.

We are on the same wavelength here (as usual lol).

I wish he had retired after the Couture fight just because we would not have to see him lose to fighters that he would have eaten alive in his PRIDE days.

People seem to forget that it was over a decade ago that Bob Sapp was dropping him on his head and Fedor was pounding him with what I still consider some of the most vicious GnP ever.

Let the legend that he is ride off into the sunset. Big Nog is arguably the 2nd best HW in MMA history. I hope the UFC does some kind of retirement ceremony for him.

He resorted to wall n stall

That is not Nog, at least hes retiring

Legend, top 5 HW of all time

His brother should join him.

So glad the almighty Dana and his infinite wisdom has told Nog to retire. What would the fighters do without his unlimited mercy? Big Nog Bellator champ June 2016

He's a legend and one of the all-time greats. He has nothing left to prove.

So happy to hear he is retiring. He needed to call it a day. Will always be a Minotauro fan.

Back