Dana White: "Big Nog has agreed to retire"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
I don't think Nog looked that bad tbh. Closed the distance fairly well against a very tall guy that used his reach. Can't argue retirement tho. Wonder what his new gig will be?

Who is bad for you then bro????

The only fighters complaining about pay are either washed up or can't draw what they already make

Most fighters just learned to keep quiet because Dana Baldfather is vindictive and it hasn't helped much anyway.

Fighting Nog must be like hitting a slab of granite that keeps on coming on.

Wow, Dana is suck a fucking douche.. How dare he make a guy retire and give him a cushy job after. Fuck you Dana White

Have always loved Big Nog. Hope he has a good life!

Most fighters just learned to keep quiet because Dana Baldfather is vindictive and it hasn't helped much anyway.

Plus a history of acquiring competitors after going all out to bankrupt them and black ball people who associate with them. All the way back to the IFL and ufc vets who were with the ufc before Dana and the Fertittas were.

The joke about Dana pushing retirement on people is he can cut them if he doesn't wanf to pay them. He has cut so many people before

When they retire under contract, they cant fight elsewhere (remember Randy). He wouldn't want to cut Nog and then have a competitor offer Nog a fight against Fedor. Im sure that's why he's offering him employment to retire under contract like so many other ufc greats.

I can't believe he didn't have Nog fight Cro Cop again, one of the greatest fights of all time.

I think its time. Nog has nothing left to prove.
I think he can do good work for ufc.

I think what everyone means to say is that he is not able to prove anything else.

I'd say retire cuz he's not going to be able to compete anymore.

Good. Nog had a great career but it's time to hang up the gloves and save what's left of his health. It'd be great if Dana actually gives him a job doing something else for ufc.

Actually, after GSP vs Hendricks, Dana was certain GSP would rematch.

When Dana speaks for a fighter, there's a chance is it bullshit.

Glad to see he'll be getting a job with the UFC Nogs a legend he deserves it

hope it happens. love Big Nog, but im tired of seeing him lose or worse, get hurt

Yeah it's his time. I've loved watching him fight but he's taken a lot of abuse and it's time to ride off into the sunset.

White is power-hungry, and forces fighters to retire just to satiate his need for control.

Nogueira was competitive against Struve, and is still a top 15 fighter. Had at least one big marquee match left against Cro Cop, which is potentially winnable for Nogueira.

Although it's a bit forced. I am glad Big Nog decided it's over. The man has been taking a beating for so long, he's a true legend. But he needs to give it up sooner than later. If he takes anymore abuse - he may end up being another case of horrible brain damage.

Back