Dana White: "Big Nog has agreed to retire"

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
Wish he would have retired in the octagon to get a farewell ovation from his home crowd. This is good news to me, though. I'm thankful for all that he has done, but it's hard to watch him.

I don't think Nog looked that bad tbh. Closed the distance fairly well against a very tall guy that used his reach. Can't argue retirement tho. Wonder what his new gig will be?

All he had was wall n stall. They were booing him ffs.

Wish he would have retired in the octagon to get a farewell ovation from his home crowd.

Yeah, me too. That would have been an epic way to close out his legendary career.

I can still remember being devastated watching live when Fedor beat the crap out of him back in 2003. Big Nog looked like an unstoppable force of nature right up until that fight. A lot like Anderson and Weidman's first fight.

Dana playing Dad again.

You care about your fighters health so much why don't you pay them fair?

Nog should have retired after he fought Couture

Another one complaining about how "unfair" it Is for an athlete to spend 15 minutes to make a few hundred grand The UFC pays for the event . Not the few months of training. Do us all a favor and find us ONE business model that survived for any length of time after paying the workers more than the business itself simply because "the worker is actually the one sweating." The UFC is the one with all the overhead, producing the event, booking the venue, insurance, security and all other facets of running a business that I won't pretend to know a thing about. These guys are all pretty smart and can choose a different line of work if this one doesn't pay well enough. I just think the money can ALWAYS be better regardless of the industry. But it seems people love to rip Dana and the UFC and they employ a shit ton of people aside from just the fighters. I think that too should be taken into consideration.

Another one complaining about how "unfair" it Is for an athlete to spend 15 minutes to make a few hundred grand The UFC pays for the event . Not the few months of training. Do us all a favor and find us ONE business model that survived for any length of time after paying the workers more than the business itself simply because "the worker is actually the one sweating." The UFC is the one with all the overhead, producing the event, booking the venue, insurance, security and all other facets of running a business that I won't pretend to know a thing about. These guys are all pretty smart and can choose a different line of work if this one doesn't pay well enough. I just think the money can ALWAYS be better regardless of the industry. But it seems people love to rip Dana and the UFC and they employ a shit ton of people aside from just the fighters. I think that too should be taken into consideration.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/0...g-rents-house-to-make-ends-meet/?intcmp=hpbt4 this is the endgame of paying employees more than market value to be "fair"

Dana's gonna give the UFC bus to Nog for caretaking

NFL/NBA has about an even revenue split between players and owners and those leagues are doing a hell of a lot better then the UFC. 🎤drop

Fuckin finally. True legend though.

I didn't know Dana liked Big Nog as much as Hughes, Chuck, Forrest.
Do people seriously not follow the UFC? big nog has already coached 3 seasons of TUF. That's more than any other person.

He has stepped up when the UFC has needed him.

good, no more brain damage for a legend!

I don't think Nog looked that bad tbh. Closed the distance fairly well against a very tall guy that used his reach. Can't argue retirement tho. Wonder what his new gig will be?

He's 39 and has had shot knees since 2006.

It saddens me watch legends like him, Fedor, Crocop, and Shogun taint their legacies and empower a new generation of ignorant MMA to talk shit when they never watched them fight in their primes.

I think its a good idea, would have been great to go out on a win but at least he went out with toughness. Battled hard till the end, ate shots and didnt go down once.....the only thing that fight missed was a finish for NOg

Yeah, but that stuff will likely start to dry up rapidly once he is officially retired. Good on Dana.

Wtf are you talking about? He's a legend, his schools and gyms are highly respected and will continue to draw students and pro fighters to train. Any chance to kiss Dana Baldfather's ass and you take it.

I can't believe some of you are saying he didn't look bad. He looked stiff as a board--like someone took the version of him that was horizontal on the canvas after the Nelson KO and just propped it up and made it punch. Plus he did very little other than do the Johny Hendricks thing against the cage.

Smart move.

Nogueira vs Crocop II had to be the fight and not against a young guy like Struve. I wanted to see it, but the two of them took too much punishment from their career (they started fighting in the 90s). Hope he fully recovers.

Dana playing Dad again.

You care about your fighters health so much why don't you pay them fair?

Nog should have retired after he fought Couture

Dana pays fair, he takes care of the guys draw money

he said he's taking care of Nog financially for life with a job with Zuffa, crybaby.

Wow, so Nog will be one of the 4 guys that Zuffa takes care of after their fighting days are over? What humanitarianism! Just think if they paid fighters what they deserve, fighters could take care of themselves after they retire instead of having to continually suck up to Dana for their livelihood.

He'll be the new spokesperson for a catcher's mitt company.

Face.

If Dana gave Demetrious Johnson a Chuck job he would retire this instant too. People fight because they have no other source of income to sustain their lifestyle.

Wow, so Nog will be one of the 4 guys that Zuffa takes care of after their fighting days are over? What humanitarianism! Just think if they paid fighters what they deserve, fighters could take care of themselves after they retire instead of having to continually suck up to Dana for their livelihood.

The only fighters complaining about pay are either washed up or can't draw what they already make

Back