Dana White: A Win Over Carlos Condit

Notice what Dana didn't say? That a win over Condit would secure a title shot for Brown. What else would he have to do?

Don't think it'll happen though. My pick would be Condit by sub.

If he beats condit he really will be immortal

No doubt it would be huge for Brown, but I highly doubt he gets the win.

Notice what Dana didn't say? That a win over Condit would secure a title shot for Brown. What else would he have to do?

I don't blame him for not committing to that. If Brown ekes out a split decision and Maia dominates and wins via sub, a lot of people would want to see Maia get the next shot. Not to mention that Hendricks poses a reasonable threat and who knows if GSP would get an immediate rematch... Lots of variables.

Yeah. A win over Condit would be huge. Under other circumstances, he could be considered for a title shot, but I think in this case he would need one more quality win (Maia, Hendricks, if he loses convincingly to GSP).

I don't get why everyone on every site is making such a big deal out of this quote. Of crouse a win over Condit would be a huge win. DW making a statement that everyone else is saying doesn't mean anything. He just stating the obvious. It's like saying the sky is blue, or grass is green, or Ben Affleck will make a terrible Batman.

Even though Brown is on a bit of a run, a win over him isn't anything to brag home about, so he is right in that sense

Brown is 11-5 in the UFC. He's on a 6-fight win streak but none of those wins are against top opponents. It's a big deal because its a top-10 win, which I'm pretty sure would be his first. It would also be his first top-5 win.

WW is pretty deep and the last 2 WW contenders had to do a lot more to get a shot.

What's "Huge" is that beating the #3 WW in the world puts Brown in a position to be considered for a title shot with only 1 top-10 win. If Maia wins tonight and Brown beats Condit, they'll probably fight for the next title shot. If Maia loses and Brown wins, Brown is the only obvious contender besides perhaps Rory.

There can only be one!

Once Brown takes Condit's head it's GSP next then the Immortal one will finally get The Prize!

file_130400_2_highlander04.jpg

it'll be a war but I see condit winning a UD

"a win over condit would be huge for matt brown"

and in other news, it turns out that water is wet

I don't blame him for not committing to that. If Brown ekes out a split decision and Maia dominates and wins via sub, a lot of people would want to see Maia get the next shot. Not to mention that Hendricks poses a reasonable threat and who knows if GSP would get an immediate rematch... Lots of variables.

But that how Dana rolls. He throws it out all the time. He's promised Machida twice since he lost to Jones. If Dana would've said Brown would get a title shot I wouldn't have believed him but just surprised he's not to try & hype the fight. The fact he didn't just ensures there's no way in hell he gets a title shot if he beats Condit.

Back