Dana Wants Lawler v. Diaz II. Do You?

I get what you're saying, but even without a title Lawler is an elite top ranked ww, Diaz is unranked and again hasn't won at ww since 2011.

The fight itself, yes would be entertaining.

I'm just glad that Diaz is back fighting again. His first fight with Lawler was one of the fights that made me such an MMA fan. As hard as it to believe now, it came across as the powerful, cocky, hot-head jock against the humble, respectful, perceptive, martial artist. Diaz's quiet, thoughtful pre-fight comments for that fight are the best in UFC history, IMO. A great setup to the fight.

Lawler said:
"When you're in a fight it's just, running on instinct. You're not thinking about anything, you're just thinking about fighting and winning. So you don't have time to think, 'oh man I just clocked that guy'."

Diaz said:
"He's a tough guy, and, uh, he's real strong. You gotta watch out, you know, because he's coming with hard punches and, you know, he's got knock-out power. But I think he looks a little sloppy. I think that, uh, I think he thinks he's a little better than he is."

Lawler has matured so much since then. It would be interesting to see how they compare as fighters at this point.

Lawler has come a LONNGG way since their first encounter..i'd like to see this fight

can the fighters miss weight in that game? like, is there a "hendricks" blow up like a balloon between fights option?

I'm just wondering how Josh Neer got away with impersonating Nick Diaz.

I meant Silva has been beaten soundly.

Diaz took a beating from GSP, but the Condit fight was competitive for sure. Although a shit fight.

Silva losing soundly to the current middle weight champion in Weidman and who will probably go down as an all time great as well shouldn't diminish how dangerous Silva still is.

The Condit fight was seen by many as a victory for Diaz, many other fighters felt that way as well, and no less Condit has admitted to as much just recently. When was the last time a victorious fighter called out his "losing" opponent for a rematch to "settle the score"....probably never, but Condit has done just that with Diaz.

Listen,

I want this fight more than any other ever!!!!

This is a hardcore fans dream match. I've always loved both fighters.

I sincerely hope people will push for this fight. I will never be happy as a MMA fan without it!!!

Silva losing soundly to the current middle weight champion in Weidman and who will probably go down as an all time great as well shouldn't diminish how dangerous Silva still is.

The Condit fight was seen by many as a victory for Diaz, many other fighters felt that way as well, and no less Condit has admitted to as much just recently. When was the last time a victorious fighter called out his "losing" opponent for a rematch to "settle the score"....probably never, but Condit has done just that with Diaz.

Stop using that Condit argument. I already broke it apart (in a post you conveniently ignored).

Condit has lost 3 out of his 4 fights, has been injured and out of the picture, and want to get relevant again quick. Diaz is a name and their first fight was close.

Condit did the same thing RIGHT after he beat Diaz. I mean ffs, the rematch was arranged and then Diaz pissed green. Many fighters who have won a close fight (especially a title fight, like this one was) have requested a rematch. Forrest did with Rampage. Jones did with Cormier (sadistically, mind you),Lawler commented how him and Hendricks need to finish the trilogy at some point.

What Condit did isn't unusual. He wants money, he wants attention.

Stop using it as any sort of justification for a Diaz title shot. Just because Diaz lost a close fight to Condit, who has been out for almost a year himself (it will be more than a year by the time he returns), back in 2012 doesn't mean shit to the current title picture.

Diaz hasn't done shit to earn a title shot. He's been losing. And furthermore, for how much attention he gets, his record (especially as of late) doesn't suggest he is that special of a fighter.

FFS. Most of the UFC top 5 at WW have more impressive resumes than the guy, if not all of em.

Diaz should not get a WW title shot for beating Anderson. The UFC is on its last legs and Dana is willing to try anything to make him some damn money before the ship sinks.

Hell yes.

That would be a great fight.

Been a fan of both guys since the first one so, for nostalgia's sake, I'd like to see.

After the Silva fight, win or lose, he's fighting Lawler and taking that belt

I've been talking about it ever since Lawler moved to UFC. This needs to happen! The grudge, the build up, the aggression we're gonna see in that octagon!

Thats too Diaz's only chance of becoming a champ in that division ever. It's like his golden ticket to the top.

Every other top guy with wrestling background he faces ...well, we've seen more than once what will happen.

No, Nick should not be gifted yet an other title shot.

Diaz doesn't deserve a title shot even with a win over Anderson, but I'd watch it without complaint.

Also, I'm enjoying the excuses already being made for Anderson.

Why not? I'll watch. Let Lawler 2.0 avenge his loss.

Diaz doesn't deserve a title shot even with a win over Anderson, but I'd watch it without complaint.

Also, I'm enjoying the excuses already being made for Anderson.

[YT]oL7PSlUuWPs[/YT]

^^^
He's the Champion The UFC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So he'll fight Anderson Silva on the 31st instead. Because he can take it (unlike GSP). Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight from the 209.

nick-diaz-anti-bullshit-624x711.jpg

Love nick but i want to see him earn his fights unfortunately he's only content on fighting if he's given the biggest names.

After he loses to silva nobody will want to see it

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but only if Nick earns it.

Robbie had to go through hell and high water to get that belt.

Back