Dana Wants Lawler v. Diaz II. Do You?

I'd love to see it, but there are people way more deserving. Or at least someone.

Too bad that someone isn't a "needle mover." Even Dana White is hoping Diaz beats Silva.

You know you're gangsta when you can get Dana White to want to "S" your "D".

Btw, a win over Damien Maia is not a greater win over Anderson Silva....

Neither is Jake Shields...

Neither is Ben Askren...

Neither is Matt Brown...

Neither is Carlos Condit...

Etc...

Etc...

Etc...

Yeah, but here's the thing. Nick can't beat those guys. Maybe Maia or Brown, on a good day. So if he beats Anderson, it means that Anderson has completely fallen apart

Dana has come unhinged. There is just no sense left in the UFC anymore.

Why do i get this feeling like you were singing a different tune after the fights, either way we get it you don't like Diaz and you post a shit ton

Wait, so you disagree with what I've been posting?

And i never said i don't like Diaz, but he's over hyped, over rated and doesn't deserve title shot after one win regardless if its over Anderson.

This is the same logic Mayweather fans (otherwise known as PBFCSC) give as to why Mayweather doesn't need to fight Pacquiao. Bullshit.

Funny how even Carlos Condit is calling out Nick Diaz to have a rematch against him, so Carlos can "settle the score" against him.

LOL WHAT?

It isn't the same logic at all. Manny is a top fighter who has wins and has a great style that could challenge Mayweather. Furthermore, since getting KO'd he has won 3 fights, one where he avenged a loss to Tim Bradley (even if the first decision was BS).

The last fighter Diaz beat was BJ Penn. A post-champion, post-2 losses to Frankie, BJ Penn. That was 2011.

Since then, he has lost 2 title shots. He has been extremely inactive. And furthermore, he STILL HAS TO FIGHT AND BEAT ANDERSON SILVA.

So, even assuming he does that (he's not, Anderson is going to fuck him up), he will have 0 wins at WW. His win will be against Anderson, who is coming back from 2 brutal losses and has been out for over a year.

And you want to give him a title shot? With guys like Rory, Brown, Lombard, etc, in the division who ACTUALLY are doing work to, you know, earn a title shot? You've smoked way too much weed tonight man.

Not only that, Diaz has shown NONE of the skills necessary to give Robbie a tough fight. Where as Robbie has shown all the tools necessary to fuck up Diaz bad in recent fights.

As far as Condit calling out Diaz goes:

A. Condit isn't the champ.

B. Condit has lost 3 of his last 4.

C. He's been injured, so he's been out of the picture. While I'd hardly call Diaz a legitimate WW at this point (seriously, who the fuck has he ever beat at WW that made you think "oh wow, this guy could be a champ"), Diaz does have a name and does bring attention.

Condit calling out Diaz has literally no weight on Diaz getting a title shot.

So, remind me how this is like Pacman and Mayweather at all?

Anyone who saw their first fight live would love to see that rematch. That was one of the most exciting fights I have seen and made me an instant Diaz fan. Nobody expected him to win that night. It was great.

I imagine the result will be different this time around, though.

I don't think he will get past Silva, though.

We'll see after the Anderson fight....if he wins there are big possibilities....he loses then he willl have work his way up at WW

diaz is gonna lose to anderson and get the shot at the ww belt

haha

joke of the century

Silva is not losing to Diaz. Silva will finish Diaz within two rounds. That matchup is tailor made for Silva, and Diaz's little punches will not hurt Silva. Diaz is here to show up and get paid. At the first sign of trouble, he will fold when Silva ups the pressure. He will get his payday, and disappear again for two years back to Stockton. Mark my words. Anyways- Diaz has not beaten a WW since 2011. It is a joke to even mention him as a title shot worthy fighter.

thanks bud. you just saved me $55 on the PPV. mega millions?

Lets put this in perspective guys. Diaz hasn't fought in almost two years. He hasn't had a win in more than three years. That win came against a past his prime lightweight, who hasn't had a win since 2010, and is currently retired. Need I say more?

Diaz in no way shape or form deserves a title shot. At all.

Seriously. The way the UFC treats the Diaz bros is ridiculous. All they do is bad mouth the UFC, bad mouth fighters, and then show up and put on disappointing performances.

Seriously. They get gift after gift that they don't deserve in any way from the UFC

this

Yes. Yes, I want that.

I don't think he'll beat Anderson, and I definitely don't think he deserves a title shot against Robbie Lawler, but I would still love to see that fight.

(I'm a fan of all fighters mentioned, by the way. Just sayin.)

I don't think he deserves the fight, Rory does, if he gets past Lombard, but that wasn't the question. The question is 'do we want to see it'.

Wait, so you disagree with what I've been posting?

And i never said i don't like Diaz, but he's over hyped, over rated and doesn't deserve title shot after one win regardless if its over Anderson.

And i never said I don't like Lima Beans, but they taste like shit

The Bald One Who Talks has once again overstepped..,

If the UFC is signing "fighters" with zero experience and zero fights ever and Pepsi tattoos, who am I to say what kind of matchmaking should take place?

Give Diaz the shot, would be a great fight like their first. Both dudes going for the KO.

Lets put this in perspective guys. Diaz hasn't fought in almost two years. He hasn't had a win in more than three years. That win came against a past his prime lightweight, who hasn't had a win since 2010, and is currently retired.
Need I say more?

According to some in this thread, no that's not enough.

Oh and you hate Diaz also.

How about Diaz actually WINS a fight at WW? I know him going on a win streak is too much but at least have him fight Rory or Hendricks (which are matches he doesn't even deserve) before he gets another damn title shot?

Back