Media Dana: "Uriah threw 11 punches in the 2nd rnd...'one of the most gun shy fighters in the UFC" "

Well it's clear the ufc would wanna push either guy to fight izzy. The setup is too perfect. Izzy vs another talented lanky, talented striker. I wouldn't hate. Who would the winner fight though? You wouldn't give the winner a titleshot. What would the trajectory be if it were up to you?
Cannonier vs Brunson with the winner of that facing the winner of Holland vs Hall and the winner either facing Adesanya or fighting Whitaker for the vacant title if Adesanya sticks at LHW.

Cannonier vs Brunson with the winner of that facing the winner of Holland vs Hall and the winner either facing Adesanya or fighting Whitaker for the vacant title if Adesanya sticks at LHW.
*Chael voice* i just have one question,"where does Paulo Costa fit into this?"

Gastelum vs Weidman
Give Till to Costa. The winners can be Holland’s first defences when he dominates the division ;)

Hall was gun shy but I'm not a fan of seeing Dana shit on the fighters the way he does. It's mostly mind games, trying to manipulate fighters to do exactly what he wants. He's looking for fighters willing to die in the cage for 20k and sending warnings out by cutting fighters he deems boring or if a fighter turns down a fight. He's manipulating naive young fighters that are full of pride. "If you want more money you can go somewhere else, this is about the best fighting the best."

Then when said fighters go on a losing streak and or start getting ko'd left and right due to constantly trying to put on exciting fights he will throw them in the trash with zero compensation.
Exactly

He's too muscled, so needs to save his gas tank.

Getting bashed by Dana is one of his clever marketing strategies. Just reading the OP made me like Uriah a bit more.

Dana also hated GSP

If you fight not to lose (intelligently), you engage in LnP, or you’re a counter-striker Dana bashes you.

If you come out with the intent to strike with a kill or be killed attitude, he will praise you win or lose.

Dana been saying this about Uriah for years. In a way, Dana is right. You can never trust Uriah in a gun fight but i feel like he’s coming into his own now.

Fuck it, if Whittaker doesn't want the title next let him fight Uriah. They had a close fight back in the day.

Way better option than letting Rob kill off contenders.
Robert vs Costa is waaaaay more exciting.

Hall did something against the unwritten rules. Dana villifies guys he doesn't trust to toe the line

Back