Dana: UFC valued at $7b now

Not a chance

But profits have gone way up from the old regime without the ESPN deal fractured in, so $6b is very realistic & $7b is Dana being Dana
As explained a post above it could get there, but not now

Profits are up only because of the Mayweather fight, they stopped trying to expand, and they were able to let a lot of people go since they already had people doing the job.
In real world ratings are down, PPV are down, and media attention is down. The UFC fan base is mostly kids with no money.

Does that saudi guy still own a piece?

No ... they sold their 10%

The owners are:
WME–IMG
Silver Lake Partners
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
MSD Capital

Plus a lot of under 1% celeb owners that seem to do shit about promoting UFC

It's worth SEVERAL sports clubs.

And the best part is they don't have to pay anybody.

F1 sold for $8bn. The important numbers are these: "Using that $1.8 billion total [revenue], F1 would appear to have traded at roughly 4.5-times revenue."

"A few months ago UFC sold for $4 billion, or half of Formula One's enterprise value. But the fight promotion is generating some $600 million per year, meaning it traded at nearly seven times revenue."

Also "Manchester United, which is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange, currently has an enterprise value that's more than five times revenue."

So the UFC sold for 7 times the revenue now suddenly is worth $7bn?

If we use Manchester United as yardstick, the UFC should have a revenue of around $1.2bn in order to be worth $7bn.

F1 sold for $8bn. The important numbers are these: "Using that $1.8 billion total [revenue], F1 would appear to have traded at roughly 4.5-times revenue."

"A few months ago UFC sold for $4 billion, or half of Formula One's enterprise value. But the fight promotion is generating some $600 million per year, meaning it traded at nearly seven times revenue."

Also "Manchester United, which is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange, currently has an enterprise value that's more than five times revenue."

So the UFC sold for 7 times the revenue now suddenly is worth $7bn?

If we use Manchester United as yardstick, the UFC should have a revenue of around $1.2bn in order to be worth $7bn.

UFC makes a ridiculous amount of profit
In 2017, about $300m off of about $750m, that is where the value is
They made about 9x the profit WWE did when they were trading on the market at over $2b

They were valued at $5b in Sept 2017 & worth much more in 2019 due to escalating deals, value & the ESPN windfall

dnB4qqk.jpg

At most the UFC is over 6 Billions. Dana always hyping things up. However, if he said that something's up behind doors.

UFC makes a ridiculous amount of profit
In 2017, about $300m off of about $750m, that is where the value is
They made about 9x the profit WWE did when they were trading on the market at over $2b

They were valued at $5b in Sept 2017 & worth much more in 2019 due to escalating deals, value & the ESPN windfall

Funny that the UFC is profiting while doing shit cards most of the time; i will say this, UFC 229 is going to be a lot of money but they can't rely too much on McG and let the rest of the roster without proper promotion.

Funny that the UFC is profiting while doing shit cards most of the time

its fascinating to see how MMA interest is down & UFC & now most likely Bellator are up.

Its incredible how things have changed.

Bellator was in the red & then DAZN needed some MMA & now they should be in the black.
They really didn't do anything different, just said "yes" to DAZN.

1. Dana is prone to exaggerate & outright lie
2. I think he is projected business that is not a guarantee yet. Things like PPV going up with Brock & Conor back fighting, GSP & Jones, etc.

It can certainly get up to that value with ESPn & escalating TV deals & other contracts, but business as it stands now with ESPN, $6b is realistic.
If business gets better? Close to $7b is viable

@Myrddin Wild
Good info... so 6 Bill as is... (with currently dismal viewership by comparison)... & 7 bill potential if the PPV icing on the cake takes off... which will enrich all facets of the company. Makes sense.

Good info... so 6 Bill as is... (with currently dismal viewership by comparison)... & 7 bill potential if the PPV icing on the cake takes off... which will enrich all facets of the company. Makes sense.

As a roundabout estimate?
Yes

Adopt me Uncle Dana. I promise that I will spend your money only on good things like hookers, video games and junk food. I will stay in my room, you won't even notice I'm there.

The owners are:
WME–IMG
Silver Lake Partners
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
MSD Capital

Interesting... I didn't know Flash Entertainment sold. That has to be one hell of a sale though 10% of 6 billion is like 600M... who bought it. Fooking Conan & Marky Mark? :p

Interesting... I didn't know Flash Entertainment sold. That has to be one hell of a sale though 10% of 6 billion is like 600M... who bought it. Fooking Conan & Marky Mark? :p

I think they sold before it hit $5b (I THINK)
But if they bought in at $100m, they made a nice $350-400m profit for doing shit

The owners are:
WME–IMG
Silver Lake Partners
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
MSD Capital

You forgot

Conor McGregor

Dana didnt screw the fertitta's, the fertitta's screwed the fertitta's

7 billion seems a stretch, overestimating by a few billion.

They did really well with the TV deals but what makes the UFC so valuable in my eyes is the fact there is no union or fighter say in pretty much anything bar your top talents.

I wonder what would happen to that value if fighters started to take a few pieces of the pie.

Back