Dana: UFC valued at $7b now

it probably went up 1 billion from Conor and Lesnar's return alone

There are different types of valuations, but Dana is probably exaggerating no matter what metric you use. Wonder how deep potential IPO investors would dig before making a decision. I feel like Conor could retire within a couple of years, especially if he loses twice in a row. That would be a significant blow to the UFC's valuation.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/dana-white-ufc-sold-worth-7-billion-price-espn-tv-deal

UFC President Dana White claims the price tag for his fight promotion is nearly double what it sold for roughly two years ago.

Endeavor purchased the UFC for $4.025 billion in August 2016. There were many perceived uncertainties in the wake of the deal, but White immediately promised it would be for the betterment of the organization in the sport moving forward.

According to White and corroborating investor reports, 2017 was the most financially lucrative year in company history. Add in the UFC’s new stateside television deal with ESPN worth $1.5 billion over five years, and White said the value of the UFC brand now sits at a whopping $7 billion.

More here
His huge head alone makes for 1.5 billion.

There are different types of valuations, but Dana is probably exaggerating no matter what metric you use. Wonder how deep potential IPO investors would dig before making a decision. I feel like Conor could retire within a couple of years, especially if he loses twice in a row. That would be a significant blow to the UFC's valuation.

Without Conor, UFC is a more profitable company then under the Fertitta era though
Without a PPV sold they are $200m a year + in profit & growing
Conor is the incredible icing on a very profitable cake ;)

Same people who don’t believe didn’t believe it would be sold for what it sold for and also thought wme was conned. The business acumen of sherdog is amazing.

Now go tell me again that a UFC champ does not deserve 1 million+ dollars.

First of all, a billion is a lot of money, 4 to 7 is not 'nearly' double.

Second of all, like fk is it worth any more than it was back then LOL

Same people who don’t believe didn’t believe it would be sold for what it sold for and also thought wme was conned. The business acumen of sherdog is amazing.

Hey ... I tried ... ;)

It's only worth h $7 bil if someone or some group pay $7 bil.

Lol so the value almost doubled in two years? Next year it'll be at $15B?

@FrankieNYC Why do you think it is worth a billion less then Dana said?

1. Dana is prone to exaggerate & outright lie
2. I think he is projected business that is not a guarantee yet. Things like PPV going up with Brock & Conor back fighting, GSP & Jones, etc.

It can certainly get up to that value with ESPn & escalating TV deals & other contracts, but business as it stands now with ESPN, $6b is realistic.
If business gets better? Close to $7b is viable

@Myrddin Wild

Lol so the value almost doubled in two years? Next year it'll be at $15B?

Not a chance

But profits have gone way up from the old regime without the ESPN deal fractured in, so $6b is very realistic & $7b is Dana being Dana
As explained a post above it could get there, but not now

How are you determining the value of the UFC?

It was valued at $5b in September 2017
Since then rev & profits have gone up & the ESPN deal alone will put them a lot higher profit wise
Also if you compare them to WWE which trades publicly, they are worth a lot more, but would need to be tested on the stock market to see trading

It's weird. Dana could claim it tripled in value and yet i bet the Fertittas are still smiling.

We're are currently in the second largest equities bubble in human history, companies that have never turned a profit, nor have any plans to ever turn a profit are routinely valued in the tens of billions, so I would say 6bn for the UFC in this market is undervalued.

Back