Dana turns down Rebney's offer to let Askren go if he got a title shot

that's odd.
Didn't Dana say that he was looking for Askren's career?
Then how come now he can't get a title shot?

No, he didn't. And even if he did how does that = Title Shot?

+1 Dana .. when you want to let go of your champ that is weird.

Nah I'd say they're about the same, Askren will at least try to finish someone

Finishing guys ranked #40 is not something to be happy about. Askren himself says his opponents suck so bad that him winning is meaningless, and yes, he actually said that.

No, he didn't. And even if he did how does that = Title Shot?

+1 Dana .. when you want to let go of your champ that is weird.

"“And if you don’t want to do that, then I will try to re-sign Ben. Then if you want to fight the best welterweight in the world, you can come here to Bellator, work like a crazed dog on your wrestling, and see if you can stuff Ben Askren’s takedowns.”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bj...-Regarding-Ben-Askren-Title-Proposition-57601

Ben's last two fights were finishes. So yeah, he can finish.

I don't knock GSP for not finishing like some of you people, because the finish isn't everything. But with that said, if those stats are really important to you, here they are.

Ben Askren - last finished opponent - July 2013
GSP - last finished opponent - January 2009

Here are more stats.
GSP - last top 5 fight opponent - January 2009 (or basically his last 20 or so fights)
Askren - last top 5 fight opponent - Never
Askren - last top 10 fight opponent - Never
Askren - last top 15 fight opponent - Never
Askren - last top 20 fight opponent - Never (or Lima, some people had him at 18)

That's it? That's all he said? Dana makes me angry.

Either say you'd sign him, but not give him an immediate title shot or say you aren't interested. Don't play the blame game.

Either say you'd sign him, but not give him an immediate title shot or say you aren't interested. Don't play the blame game.

Bjorn's playing a game to either re-sign Askren on the cheap or get rid of him. Dana's staying out of this garbage.

As he should.

Neither promotion seems to want him. So I don't think so. Rebney is trying to ditch Askren and make the most of it. Dana doesn't care about Askren at all.

Then why wouldn't he just release him? Rebney does care, because like Dana, Rebney has a huge ego and he doesn't want to let Askren go to the UFC.

Rebney is playing games. Dana isn't interested. When Askren is free to be signed we will see what the UFC does. If you don't like what is going on blame Rebney and Bellator.

Rebney said Askren was free to leave.
Rebney then refused to release Askren from the matching contract. But said Bellator wouldn't stop him if he wanted to leave.
Rebney then said Askren can only leave if he gets an immediate TS.

Rebney is playing games, blame him.

Here are more stats.
GSP - last top 5 fight opponent - January 2009 (or basically his last 20 or so fights)
Askren - last top 20 fight opponent - Never (or Lima, some people had him at 18)

Good top 20 at the time, Hieron top 20 at the time, Ammy top 35, Lima CURRENT 18.

Funky is trying to get into the UFC. I don't know whats with all the hate when everyone knows the UFC has the WW talent on lock. Ben started his career in 2009.

This comparison is horrible honestly. So Askren was supposed to debut fighting GSP and Hendricks?

Oh yeah he should be comparable to the great Amir Sodallah. He started in the UFC, that seems like it worked out well for him.

Then why wouldn't he just release him? Rebney does care, because like Dana, Rebney has a huge ego and he doesn't want to let Askren go to the UFC.

Rebney wants to try to use this as a way to get advertising for Bellator, that's all. He doesn't want Askren, he just wants to use him as much as he can for as long as he can., without signing him.

Good top 20 at the time, Hieron top 20 at the time, Ammy top 35, Lima CURRENT 18.

Funky is trying to get into the UFC. I don't know whats with all the hate when everyone knows the UFC has the WW talent on lock. Ben started his career in 2009.

This comparison is horrible honestly. So Askren was supposed to debut fighting GSP and Hendricks?

Oh yeah he should be comparable to the great Amir Sodallah. He started in the UFC, that seems like it worked out well for him.

No, you failed to see my point, and took it to be a knock on Askren when it wasn't.

I was responding to the fact Askren finished his last 2 opponents, and GSP hasn't. I was merely putting in perspective, that GSP fights the 2nd best WW every single time, and Askren is fighting nobodies. So saying Askren is a better finisher than GSP is hilarious in it's ridiculousness.

Rebney wants to try to use this as a way to get advertising for Bellator, that's all. He doesn't want Askren, he just wants to use him as much as he can for as long as he can., without signing him.

Yeah, I agree. It's too bad that Askren will have to deal with all of that until his contract expires.

Who else has come from a different org and got an instant title shot???

Its rare as hell as I recall.

Here are more stats.

How is Ben going to fight a top opponent if the organization with all the top fighters won't sign him? Not his fault. He's done what a fighter does: He beats lesser competition, becomes top dog of a smaller promotion, and then looks for a way to get to the big show.

Ha aha ha, I watched that fight. He wrestled a guy until he was completely gases and then punched him until the ref stopped it.

Yeah. Point being? I assume you don't like wrestling. You must have hated the Shields fight on the last card.

Back