News Dana trying to have UFC 267 on ABC

Same channel as Sesame Street?
2n1Y.gif

Reactions: Gio
I love UFC more than anyone, but ABC isn't putting a UFC on ahead of a college football saturday in October. Doubt it happens

I would love for this to be “testing the waters” for a possible move away from ppv. But I think it’s likely just a happy set of circumstances that the fans are lucking out on.

1. UFC deal with espn is only for 12 ppvs a year. They’ve had 8, 3 currently scheduled and 1 more likely in December so that’s already filled.

2. UFC is contractually obligated to give Abu Dhabi a title fight. They booked 2 to be safe.

3. Neither title fight that’s booked is big enough to sell well in the middle of the day in the states.

4. They have a big msg card planned for literally the next week, they’re eating their own sales to try to sell 2 ppvs back to back.
Thanks for the info, sir.

The Holloway vs Kattar card was on ABC. All of Kattar's blood was in view lol
Yes it was and the first card in abc. It had high ratings for a fight night card and then got a bunch of positive reviews all over for Holloway’s performance. They talked about it in sports center that night too.

I was thinking the same thing. Decent slate of gms that weekend too
Bronsteter's reporting a morning/afternoon air time for UFC 267. No popular games on at that time except for Iowa/Wisconsin which FOX has the rights to.
Screenshot_20210803-211220_Chrome.jpg

Ridiculously stacked card. And its gonna be on ABC now???

It gets better and better. October 30th gonna be liitttttttttttttttttttttt

this has nothing to do with a new tv deal or anything. and it was mentioned ESPN has rights to distribute PPV so this is obviously something they want to do.

Great move for fans to get a card like that for free but the downside for UFC is its an afternoon show. Card like this should be in primetime to see what UFC can actually do on network tv on ABC. Its gonna air in middle of the day against college football.

Sounds like a good idea. We know this is a hopeless ppv slot. So why not try to draw the numbers anyway you can. The card is going to be “stacked” if it holds together.

And you’re trying to push Borz. How is this news or even thread worthy instead of just common sense?

The NBA will be back around that time. ABC will decide if they’re gonna with hoops or cage fighting.

It's impossible to get the fighters and corners to not use foul language.

Back