Dana to Dan, "I'll fire you."

Of course
Dan standing up for a fighter when the rest of them don’t give a fuck, makes the scumbags look bad
If they find out he’s a decent human being he will be out the same day, company men only

IDK how I feel about this. I felt like Dan needed to STFU but it shouldn't because of Dana White and the UFC

I believe hardy knows far more of what a knocked out fighter looks like...and just cause dean has been around alot and had a couple of fights where he lost, doesn't mean very much...he's always been a bad ref...hardy was a championship level fighter...he knows first hand what a knockout looks like. and this past fight, that guy was out, the moment the punch landed....anyone familiar with boxing or mma, knows, when a fighter falls back like that, he's out cold...his arms went out in reaction...it's 100% involuntary reaction from getting ko'd...that often happens...I've seen it happen a million times both in boxing and mma...and i'd bet my life, i've been watching boxing far longer than dean's been reffing. iv'e seen ko's from guys like sugar ray robinson, foreman, shavers, tyson, lewis, marciano...I know perfectly well what a KO looks like.

People for whatever reason, have a hard time admitting that dean is a terrible ref....sure, he does good alot of the times, but he has many many bad blunders. far more than yamasaki ever did.
Agree 100% with the the type of fall into the canvas also dictates the stoppage of the fight! Face first or in this case, a splayed, loss of control of his extremities does dictate an immediate stoppage of the bout. And like you, been watching Combat Sports longer than some of these folks alive!

15103658261404921.gif

Good thing that didn’t happen in the UFC! Whew!

or else Dana would have totally fired Conor, right?

Hardy needs to be fired, why have him when they got Bisping?

would hate to work for someone like that. i will complain to someone hire up than dana for immunity and the ability to tell him to f off.

Dan had a point when he started talking about the refs needing accountability in general, which I agree with. I also think we need the commentators in some sort of separate booth for these Corona events.

I still don't think the Trinaldo stoppage was that dramatically bad. He took it too far with all the drama and Herb personal beef ("I can do his job, but he could never do mine"), comments on IG, 1hr dissection, etc. It doesn't help his case that he comes off a bit douchy and pretentious.

His twitter: "Professional reptile, amateur philosopher, part-time visionary."

<6>
Thank you someone gets it. Fuck! I watched the stoppage three times. It's bad but it's not the worst. If it was me I'd stop it but I guess he was trying to ascertain. That's incompetence on his part. Herbert was clearly out.

Dan hardy was taking Ls and looking like a fool all week. Beefing with kids on Twitter, hating on costa ;whom I hate but at the end of the day hardy is a professional and as such out of line and finally this.

It was so over the top. He looked like an attention seeker. Like, okay, herb dean messed up. Refs need to be held accountable and herb dean has messed up many many many times. So have other refs. Where was that energy when yan left aldo's brains all over the canvas? At the end of the day, there's a doctor in there and a corner there to stop the fight. Hardy got ahead himself there and forgot his role. I also found it disrespectful how he started Dean to "do his job" or some shit.

Dan hardy has this polite, easy going nice guy facade. It's just that a facade. He lashed out against woodley unprovoked because woodley was complaining about the way the UFC treated him and he was right ufc marginalized him. Dan hardy is an analyst and commentator. It is not his place to chime in on Twitter and tell him to "suck it Up". It just reeked of jealousy on his part because he was never half the fighter woodley was.

He's also overrated at analysis. He doesn't break things down as well as luke thomas, jack slack or the guys at heavy hands. He also lets his bias get in the way of fair analysis. He dismissed ALL paths to victory for woodley in the till fight. Dismissed the wrestling the grappling and punching power. How does a professional athlete let their love for UK and European fighters over everyone else blind them to something that should've been obvious to someone of his stature? He's such a fucking biased dude, it's not even funny.

Yeah he's also super pretentious as well and at times insufferable, but because he's "that guy" Noone ever calls him out on it. He's also delusional, talking about his "long awaited return", but Noone gives a shit and everyone at 55 and 70 shits all over him.

He just comes across as bitter, pretentious and super super fucking entitled. How the fuck do you as a commentator yell at a referee. He's so fucking privileged, he's forgotten his role. He's lucky dana white didn't fire his ass. He deserves to be fired. 1000s of people who could probably do his job and cheaper too. Lame ass.

Dan Hardy should just be fired regardless. He brings a quick whit and at times can be quite funny but his commentating is terrible. There were points during the last UFC he commentated on when him and John Gooden were just going back and forth giggling over something, like some in joke which lasted way too long. No need for Hardy on the commentating team whatsoever. Bisping is a million times better.

Just fire him already. Fucking UK hot heads like Paul Daley, Dan Hardy, and Bisping are mouthy cunts who can't control themselves.

Does it surprise you that Hardy did this?
Does it surprise you that Daley sucker punched Koscheck after the fight was over?
Does it surprise you that Bisping spit on Rivera's corner on top of throwing an illegal knee during the fight?
Does it surprise you that they're all cocky, mouthy, disrespectful douchebag cunts?

You got rid of one, now get rid of the rest of them.

Thank you someone gets it. Fuck! I watched the stoppage three times. It's bad but it's not the worst. If it was me I'd stop it but I guess he was trying to ascertain. That's incompetence on his part. Herbert was clearly out.

Dan hardy was taking Ls and looking like a fool all week. Beefing with kids on Twitter, hating on costa ;whom I hate but at the end of the day hardy is a professional and as such out of line and finally this.

It was so over the top. He looked like an attention seeker. Like, okay, herb dean messed up. Refs need to be held accountable and herb dean has messed up many many many times. So have other refs. Where was that energy when yan left aldo's brains all over the canvas? At the end of the day, there's a doctor in there and a corner there to stop the fight. Hardy got ahead himself there and forgot his role. I also found it disrespectful how he started Dean to "do his job" or some shit.

Dan hardy has this polite, easy going nice guy facade. It's just that a facade. He lashed out against woodley unprovoked because woodley was complaining about the way the UFC treated him and he was right ufc marginalized him. Dan hardy is an analyst and commentator. It is not his place to chime in on Twitter and tell him to "suck it Up". It just reeked of jealousy on his part because he was never half the fighter woodley was.

He's also overrated at analysis. He doesn't break things down as well as luke thomas, jack slack or the guys at heavy hands. He also lets his bias get in the way of fair analysis. He dismissed ALL paths to victory for woodley in the till fight. Dismissed the wrestling the grappling and punching power. How does a professional athlete let their love for UK and European fighters over everyone else blind them to something that should've been obvious to someone of his stature? He's such a fucking biased dude, it's not even funny.

Yeah he's also super pretentious as well and at times insufferable, but because he's "that guy" Noone ever calls him out on it. He's also delusional, talking about his "long awaited return", but Noone gives a shit and everyone at 55 and 70 shits all over him.

He just comes across as bitter, pretentious and super super fucking entitled. How the fuck do you as a commentator yell at a referee. He's so fucking privileged, he's forgotten his role. He's lucky dana white didn't fire his ass. He deserves to be fired. 1000s of people who could probably do his job and cheaper too. Lame ass.

Nothing but facts here.... and the reason I like Bisping because he's the total opposite IMO. I almost died @ the awaiting his comeback thing.

How the fuck is this even such a big drama? Hardy went a little bit emotional and he and Herb had like 10 seconds of an argument when it happened. Big fucking deal. Maybe Hardy then didn't (fake) apologize and it went a little bit further on social media... wow -,-

Nothing but facts here.... and the reason I like Bisping because he's the total opposite IMO. I almost died @ the awaiting his comeback thing.
Dude I'd rather see cm punk fight again than see Dan hardy. That's how little I care for him. And damn right bisping is better. He's funnier, more genuine, less pretentious, just as knowledgeable, more credible and deceptively professional. The only time he slipped up was with colby and if I'm not mistaken I think colby antagonized him first. Otherwise bisping is a G. Dan hardy THINKS he's a G.

In this particular situation I can agree with you. It could have been stopped earlier. At the same time there are some good reasons why Herb reacted in the way he did and I don't think that he made huge mistake or anything like this. For me the most important thing here is the way Hardy reacted. It wasn't appropriate and I hope that we won't be forced to see things like this in the future.

He's an emotional guy...that was obvious when he fought...he says the first thing that comes to mind...there is no act with him.

It would be a great move by Dana, can't believe how many morons are supporting that clown Hardy
I'm actually completely baffled that not 100% are siding with Hardy. It actually makes zero sense how many people support Herb Dean's shit reffing

Yay bad reffing! Yay Dana White! Bad Dan Hardy calling out broken things! Baaaaaad!!!! SMH

Dude I'd rather see cm punk fight again than see Dan hardy. That's how little I care for him. And damn right bisping is better. He's funnier, more genuine, less pretentious, just as knowledgeable, more credible and deceptively professional. The only time he slipped up was with colby and if I'm not mistaken I think colby antagonized him first. Otherwise bisping is a G. Dan hardy THINKS he's a G.
I'd rather see Mario Yamasaki reffing again than seeing Herb Dean ever ref again, who is actually no better than Yamasaki at all.

Back