Dana: "The doctors were going to stop the fight."

Big John is right up there with Herb Dean as best ref in MMA and made the right decision to support Jones continuing to fight

Think of the pissed off shitstorm on Sherdog if it had been stopped due to cut before the final round.

And then is stretchered to the hospital while his opponent is walking around under his own power.

Ah, MMA judging. :rolleyes: That's one thing I never really understood, you have a guy who's relatively unscathed losing while his opponent, despite having a swollen, bleeding face and nearly shut eyes, wins.

Felt the same about Sanchez/Kampmann.

you felt the same about gsp vs bj 1. gsps face was busted whereas bj was fresh as ever

Glad they let the show go on,Gus probably didn't want to win that way. Im all about the fight first,than my individual preference. Ref did a good job.

Weird, the cut didn't look that bad to me, I wasn't even considering the fight might be stopped.

If a doctor needs to hear the fighter and the referee on wether he should ask for a fight to be stopped, he has no bussiness being a ringside doctor.
Also, no referee should ever "beg" for a fight to continue. He is no doctor and it breaks his neutral position.

Back