Dana supporting jones for fear of losing him ?

Dana watched the kid grow from a 20 year old college dropout kid to the heights he reached up to this point as the 27 year old GOAT. You watch a raw kid with little martial arts skill grow up inside the cage to now black belt level skills. Its like watching one of your kids grow up and make mistakes. You support them before it's too late and you lose them.
As a JUCO national champ for Iowa Central, Jones was at least high purple or low brown belt level as a wrestler before ever competing in the UFC, but.. sure. Yeah. It's like watching one of your kids grow up and make mistakes...

Unless Jon Jones pulls an Aaron Hernandez or goes on a massive losing streak of course Dana is going to stand by his cash cow.

Speaking of Hernandez, he was fired when he was only charged ... Not convicted or sentenced ... Therefore guilt matter little, but rather the disrepute he brought to the patriots and the nfl ... That where jones could be in trouble if he Continues this behaviour ..... Or starts losing

Dana is a jones nut hugger. That's all there is to it. He's a drug addict, failed a drug test for coke. He should be stripped of his title and suspended for a year minimum, with his win money taken away.

When you do as much babysitting & arse wiping as Dana does to ensure the big show stays on the road, it's only natural to become a little Paternal.

Sure, he's angry as fuck behind the scenes, Jones actions were very immature so merit disbelief, frustration and a little anger. What rational human being wouldn't feel like that.

The hate and cynicism shown towards DW on this site is a little much at times. He's not perfect but sheesh, afford him some credit where it's due.

Dana's a crackhead himself so he understands Jon Jones and his demons.

Gotta protect your new GOAT of the month marketing investment.

Dana's a crackhead himself so he understands Jon Jones and his demons.

I was just going to mention this. Also, everyone knows Chuck's hard partying and Dana might be thinking if he stepped in earlier to help Liddell like he is doing Jones now, Liddell's career may not have ended the way it ended. Either way, Jones needs to really search deep and defeat this demean or he could become another sad tragedy in the world of sports.

i dont think a low ranked fighter would have gotten the same treatment as jones

Nah, Jones is under contract and I'm sure they could strip him of the title without releasing him from said contract. They just know he is one of their biggest "stars" and probably feel like it would only draw more attention to strip him of the title.

You guys don't really think that going into Rehab is Jones idea do you? For those that say he's not being punished by the UFC. Well... THAT'S his punishment. 30 days (possibly 90) in the hole. ;) This is strictly a PR move designed to take some of the heat off Jones until this whole thing blows over. Which it will I think, pretty quickly.

Dana White is such a piece of shit. Anyone who wasn't making him shit tonnes of money he would cut in a second.

dana is a money nuthugger

and obviously he would congratulate jj for going to rehab and that he hopes everything goes well and bla bla bla

EVERY smart company man would hav edone that, and obviously every company man would be to himself like "fuck this fucking guy, why the fuck would he do coke when hes being drug tested" and all that shit

I think Rogan implied properly "Yeah, I'd love to hear what he'd actually think. We'll have a conversation I can't tell any of you about."

Dana: "That fucking idiot. That's the last fucking time I give him a key for a win, Joe. THE LAST FUCKING TIME."

Look the blind support Dana has given his champ is kinda hilarious .. Even employees like rogan think it's funny and obviously fake ... My question is do you think Dana public support of jones ( when he's criticised other fighters for much less ) is because jones has the star power to leave the UFC and put another organisation like Bellator on a bigger stage ?

Officially, no, because no individual star is greater than the organization. The organization makes stars, and they can take them away too.

Unofficially, yes, because Jones has some serious bargaining power as the world's best fighter, and if the UFC kicks him while he's going through a hard time, Jones can instantly bring legitimacy to any other fight promotion simply by leaving (once he fulfills his contract).

Back