Dana still claims Frances didn’t want to fight Jones..

Do you believe him?

• Total voters
Nearly a year and a half after the UFC and Francis Ngannou agreed to part ways with Ngannou as the reigning heavyweight champion, neither side has changed their tune. UFC president Dana White is once again voicing his stance that Ngannou chose to leave the promotion to avoid a fight with Jon Jones, rather than Ngannou's repeated claims that he left the promotion to pursue more control over his career.

Speaking with Shannon Sharpe on the "Club Shay Shay" podcast, White referenced the ease with which Jones dispatched Ciryl Gane to win the heavyweight championship after Ngannou's departure as proof that Ngannou was running from the toughest challenge available.

"In my opinion, he does the same thing to Francis," White said. "100 percent. He does the same thing to Francis. Francis didn't want to fight Jon Jones. Jon Jones is the scariest, most bad-ass fighter of all time. Jon Jones has his issues outside of the Octagon, which actually makes it more impressive if you think about the lifestyle that he was living, and doing this to the best fighters in the world."
Regardless of what anyone "says"

Francis quit the UFC to box (an lose) instead of fighting Jones.

I don't think Ngannou wanted to fight Jones, but I don't think that's why he left. If he had signed with the UFC again, he wouldn't have been allowed to fight Fury, and he would miss out on the biggest payday he'd ever get in his life. If he fought Jones, Jon would finish him, and the Ngannou hype train would be derailed...maybe forever. Lets face it, Francis is a one trick pony, and it would take more than that to beat Jones, 99 out of 100 times.

Franci$ said no thanks and walked away from the Jones fight. Then called Jon out after quitting UFC. "Come face me in the minor leagues, bro, unless you're scared!" <lol>

If he wanted to sell this narrative he probably shouldn't have said that Jones is gonna be wanting to cut down to MW to avoid Francis before.

Dana even pretty much said jones didn’t want the fight ant the time and hinted he was just saying he did on Twitter but behind the scenes was a different story. Jones also wanted $30 mil, how come money was only an issue for the Francis fight and no other….that should tell you right there

Francis waited for 3 years for jones to move up and jones all of a sudden was ready to fight when Francis left for fucks sake
Francis wasn't even champ for 1 year, and the Jones fight was the one they were trying to put together, Jones is the one who agreed to it. Francis already ducked Jones before the Gane fight because he could have gotten a huge pay increase for that fight but refused to sign a new bigger contract because he was planning on leaving, then started asking for all kinds of stupid shit to price himself out.

Dana: We want you to headline a card against Jon Jones, in what will be one of the highest profile cards in UFC history. Get this: We want you to do this on the cheap, so we won’t be offering you any meaningful financial incentive.

Francis: No.

Dana: Alright guys, this goofy motherfucker is hard to work with and he never wanted the fight in the first place. I know the guys who want to fight and Francis is not one of them.
They offered him $8 million + PPVs, so he would have walked away with over $10 million. Francis said no because he was scared he'd lose and wouldn't get champion pay for not being champ. They actually offered the bigger contract before the Gane fight but he said no, then gave a bunch of interviews complaining about his pay when he's the one who turned down more.

It never ceases to amaze me... the amount of "educated" MMA fans who believe anything Dana or Jon says is fucking mind-blowing.

Read the article, and Big Frank says exactly why he left the UFC, and it has nothing to do with fighting Jones. Jones ducked HW forever, and wouldn't move up until Francis left.

Francis chased his dream, and got paid more in two boxing matches than he ever would have made in his entire UFC career. The UFC is a multi-billion dollar organization, yet they fault the fighters when they stand up for themselves.

If the UFC and Jones wanted the Ngannou fight to happen, all the UFC had to do way pay them well. How the fuck does anyone throw shade at Ngannou when it is clearly 100% Dana and the UFC's fault for the fight not materializing?

It never ceases to amaze me... the amount of "educated" MMA fans who believe anything Dana or Jon says is fucking mind-blowing.

Read the article, and Big Frank says exactly why he left the UFC, and it has nothing to do with fighting Jones. Jones ducked HW forever, and wouldn't move up until Francis left.

Francis chased his dream, and got paid more in two boxing matches than he ever would have made in his entire UFC career. The UFC is a multi-billion dollar organization, yet they fault the fighters when they stand up for themselves.

If the UFC and Jones wanted the Ngannou fight to happen, all the UFC had to do way pay them well. How the fuck does anyone throw shade at Ngannou when it is clearly 100% Dana and the UFC's fault for the fight not materializing?

Man, wait till you find out that Jon made his HW debut on the very card Francis' own team and the UFC were planning for Francis/Jones way back in Oct 2022. It's almost like Jon was supposed to be on that card all along and Gane had to step in for Francis or something after Francis instead left.

That's such an amazing coincidence eh

Francis likely wanted to do both to optimize his finance. I imagine his whole plan was to fight Fury and then to fight Jon Jones all while being a free agent. When it became clear the UFC wasn't going to budge, Francis picked fury cause that matchup had much higher guaranteed money.

Nearly a year and a half after the UFC and Francis Ngannou agreed to part ways with Ngannou as the reigning heavyweight champion, neither side has changed their tune. UFC president Dana White is once again voicing his stance that Ngannou chose to leave the promotion to avoid a fight with Jon Jones, rather than Ngannou's repeated claims that he left the promotion to pursue more control over his career.

Speaking with Shannon Sharpe on the "Club Shay Shay" podcast, White referenced the ease with which Jones dispatched Ciryl Gane to win the heavyweight championship after Ngannou's departure as proof that Ngannou was running from the toughest challenge available.

"In my opinion, he does the same thing to Francis," White said. "100 percent. He does the same thing to Francis. Francis didn't want to fight Jon Jones. Jon Jones is the scariest, most bad-ass fighter of all time. Jon Jones has his issues outside of the Octagon, which actually makes it more impressive if you think about the lifestyle that he was living, and doing this to the best fighters in the world."
Dana implied that Jon was scared of Ngannou, should drop to 185 lbs, and that Jones wanted $30million to fight Ngannou, so who was scared of whom?

After Ngannou became champion, Jones claimed he needed a year to move up to Heavyweight (which resulted in nothing more than him getting pudgy):

1_GettyImages-1470605592.jpg

Francis wasn't even champ for 1 year, and Jones was, as usual, a silent coward.
Jon lacked courage for years to fight any HW. DC was HW champion, and since then, Jon ducked DC, along with every other HW.​
After Ngannou became champion, Jones claimed he needed a year to move up to Heavyweight.
Jon was consistent as always. Every ufc HW was Pico-ducked - year after year.​

Dana White's opinion on fighters is as meaningful to me as my dog's opinion on the ideal fuel for interstellar propulsion.

My labradoodle is a big fan of the alcubierre warp drive.

But he just can't seem to grasp that the amount of energy needed would require technology that is well beyond anything that is realistically possible any time soon if ever.

That and "roll over" are concepts that are just beyond the grasp of his little dog brain.

{<shrug}

Last edited:
Jon lacked courage for years to fight any HW. DC was HW champion, and since then, Jon ducked DC, along with every other HW.

Jon was consistent as always. Every ufc HW was Pico-ducked - year after year.​
That's great, but Francis is still the one who ducked their fight. They offered both guys a lot of money, Jon signed, Francis left the company to go do stunt work and never win another fight again while Jon gets to duck Tom, take another big payday and retire pretty unscathed.

AnthonyJoshuajustknockedoutFrancis..._ezgif.com_crop.gif

Back