Dana should license out brand names Strikeforce, Pride, WEC etc, to indie orgs to use on fightpass

No.

But they should do a once a year PRIDE event. Feature some Japanese fighters, PRIDE rules, and open it up to people who aren't on the UFC roster. It'd be fun to see some modern fighters with the ring and PRIDE rules and the ridiculous intros and all that. No USADA either, if you want to do it right.

But it'll never happen because Dana hates fun things

So you want the UFC to create the equivalent of the WBC WBA WBO & IBF?

You realise this would not only stretch fighters very thin, but also make fighters duck harder than ever.
It would be more like a developmental league, which most major sports organizations have. LFA basically already markets themselves as such, and I think re-branding as a revived version of the WEC would be pretty beneficial.

Am I the only one here that genuinely likes LFA, Cage Fury, Titan FC and Cage Warriors? Because I feel like the UFC licensing them and running them is better than say TUF or Contender Series for two reasons.

Firstly they don’t need all the melodrama of TUF.

Secondly the contender series does one of two things to either needlessly baby’s fighters by giving low level competition. Or pushes young fighters too early.

With these promotions under the UFC family fighters can build experience, become champions, and have sponsors on their shorts. Plus Conor had a more hype coming into his first UFC fight than most new fighters because he was already double champ over in Cage Warriors.
I like the idea of the UFC having a number of regional developmental leagues — Cage Warriors re-branding as ‘UFC Europe’ for instance.

Horrible idea, it would wash away from the value of what those orgs were imo

Nah there is still plenty of other outlets for fighters. Bellator, ONE FC, KSW, LFA etc

Nobody cares about those names anymore.

I can certainly think of a niche for the 'PRIDE' brand in 2021...

Why not just have one solid lesser org that would be like the equivalent of what collegiate athletics does for basketball, football, etc. athletes in the US?

I can certainly think of a niche for the 'PRIDE' brand in 2021...
The new generation of Japanese fighters and fans never watched PRIDE and the majotity of them don't know who PRIDE legends like “Rampage” Jackson are.

924839274a7a.jpg

It's not 2012 anymore.

The salty old timers especially are still convinced that the UFC is somehow responsible (At least in some capacity) for the fall of PRIDE.

Sherdog would explode if LFA was renamed Pride FC lol.

The new generation of Japanese fighters and fans never watched PRIDE and the majotity of them don't know who PRIDE legends like “Rampage” Jackson are.

924839274a7a.jpg

It's not 2012 anymore.

The salty old timers especially are still convinced that the UFC is somehow responsible (At least in some capacity) for the fall of PRIDE.

...OK?
but PRIDE doesn't have to be in Japan. It could be in Spain, for example:
5-best-gay-prides-in-Spain-cover.jpg

Back