Dana says Rhonda is the most mentally tough person he knows

ronda fanboys making conor fanboys look tolerable.

Or maybe she was being honest.

That would mean she has no clue as to her real value. I don't buy it, the lie looked thin as ice to me, and I should know, I lie all the time. You're all sounding like a bunch of dupes to me, the fact that it happened during a show notorious for trying to squeeze every last bit of drama out of every episode hardly helps your case.

But I'll shut up so you can keep on enjoying the show. :)

Probably he is right. Ronda is tough, this is fact even UFC and WMMA is an easy path for her. In real competition, judo world championship or judo olympic games she was not so unconquerable. Bronze and silver medals. Don't get me wrong, this is huge achivement but shows the reality. WMMA is a girl novel and low level marginal sport yet.

She retired from Judo when she was only 21. If she stayed longer in the sport, she could probably get better.

Dana knows Silver Star recipient Brian Stann...

On May 8, 2005, then Lieutenant Stann was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, and he commanded the 2nd Mobile Assault Platoon. His unit was ambushed by insurgents during Operation Matador while trying to secure Ramana Bridge, near Karabilah. Stann and his Marines held out for six days under heavy attacks while coordinating air and tank support that eventually allowed them to be relieved on May 14, 2005.[6] All 42 Marines in Stann's platoon survived. The following March, Stann was awarded the Silver Star, the nation's third-highest award for valor in combat.[7] Part of the citation reads: "Second Lieutenant Stann personally directed two casualty operations, three vehicle recovery operations and multiple close air support missions under enemy small arms, machine gun and mortar fire in his 360-degree fight.

Last edited:
You do realize TUF is a TV show, right? That people KNOW THEY ARE ON CAMERA, and are projecting an image? That the show is edited?

Ronda has said she tries for the badgirl image, and likes what she gets in return publically.

She probably is very mentally tough; you have to be if you are an athlete that continues to push the envelope to become so much better when you are already elite. That was the difference for guys like Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan: continuing to work on improving even when you are already the best; that separates those kind of athletes, and mental toughness is a prerequisite at that level.

I don't really see what is so strange about that statement. People that AREN'T mentally tough are those that get in that position, then pull a Jon Jones.

The implication many of you are making in this thread is laughable. The fact that she expresses emotion means she isn't mentally tough? All that matters is that you are stoic, and that defines mentally tough? I think Jones is pretty stoic.

Don't ever compare Ronda Rousey to Jerry Rice or Michael Jordan.
You're comparing a girl who beats baristas to elite athletes.
Shame on you and shame on Sherdog.

The most mentally tough persons in UFC right now:

LAWLER
RORY
JDS
JONES
WEIDMAN
ALDO
EDGAR
MM

The fourth round staredown between Rory and Lawler is the prime definition of toughness...

Probably he is right. Ronda is tough, this is fact even UFC and WMMA is an easy path for her. In real competition, judo world championship or judo olympic games she was not so unconquerable. Bronze and silver medals. Don't get me wrong, this is huge achivement but shows the reality. WMMA is a girl novel and low level marginal sport yet.

Won that olympic bronze at age 20

Won the world champ's silver and the Pan American gold at the same time at age 19

From age 14-17 she won 2 gold medals a bronze and a silver in the Pan americans(she was a teenager)
She only dropped 1 step in acheivments when going up in weight, probably to challenge herself. probably had something to do with her mom being her manager/nutritionalist/everything, lol.
she's beaten all types of opponents from a BJJ blackbelt, olympic silver medalist, experienced grapplers, undefeated MMA title challengers. I mean come on gimme a break. Funniest thing is, the only opponent the casual public seems to want for her is a girl who can barely make her own fighting weight(feather weight) aka cyborg, a woman tha tlost her MMA debute... and Ronda's competition has been better, and she is alot more dominant.

Yeah, I know I guess im just frustrated that so many of my female friends are suddenly "fans" of hers, and don't know she's kind of a shitty person

way better than miesha though

but yeah she definitely showed weakness on TUF

Mentally tough?

Shes a complete fruitcake. She cannot control her emotions in the slightest. Mentally tough is someone like Fedor who, while Im no nuthugger, is stone-cold calm 100% of the time. Rousey is batshit crazy. Probably due to a domineering mother who scolded and reprimanded her from an early age. The first time Ronda gets TKO'd, note I didn't say KO'd coz WMMA doesn't produce KO's at a highlevel, her sense of self will disintegrate badly. She'll be dealing with fan backlash, her mom giving her shit, and her own self-doubt.

That said, it'll never happen coz nobody she faces has any chance of smacking her jaw. She'll retire untouched and be pronounced a goddess by the many posters who have smacked at least 20 off the cuff over her swimsuit shots.

Back