Dana says McGregor will go back to 145 after Diaz, Woodley to fight Wonderboy.

I dont see wonderboy beating Tyron that easy, guy has KO power standing up and fierce gnp, its gonna be fun that I´m sure

Tyron woodley isn't a big draw. He's known more for his talking and whining. Hes been hanging out with Ben askren too much

Now you're splitting hairs. Sway, and pull - but not in the drivers seat - which is literally a metaphor for having control over his own direction.

If Conor wants to continue fighting at lightweight, or random fights at welterweight, the UFC will exactly do that. Nobody can order him back to featherweight because the cart doesn't pull the horse.

He's brash and uncouth and frankly I don't like his brand of trash talking, but the dude is a rain maker. Money moves the business.

Sway & pull to ask for the immediate rematch for a fight nobody but Conor fans really wanted to see all questions were answered in the 1st fight when Conor tapped to make it all stop. It wasn't a close back & forth edge of your seat too close to call must see again required rematch. It's just the UFC's most popular fighter trying to save face & his brand he's got enough sway to ask for that. But he certainly don't have enough pull to skip a presser Dana proved that, so again Dana owns the car & keys and tells Conor where to drive...

Yeah, it's always possible that those type of match-ups could happen - but when you think of it, how many 'undeserving fights' have there being? I would say Gustafsson against Cormier is one, but the LHW division is fairly thin, Lesnar jumping on the 200 card and Condit getting a title shot after beating Alves. They're the only recent ones I can think of.

I could understand folk objecting to Conor and Diaz 2, but considering the year the UFC had in 2015 and a lot of work Conor put in, he could point that out and make a case for it, so I'm ok with that rematch. And of course it's more than likely going to make everyone $.

I don't really care about or take notice of PPV numbers or the gate, but looking at Jones and Cormier's buys, it did 800,000+ which doesn't seem that great, but it's well above average and you could probably argue those numbers went up because of the genuine beef they have.

I just don't see any fighters out there that have a leg to stand on and ask for a fight that on paper makes no sense. I thought we missed a great chance of a genuine super fight with Jones and Silva or GSP and Silva, but neither of the 3 seemed interested. But we are seeing some signs of fighters saying they'll only fight if the money is to their liking - and again, the most recent memory of that was Gustafsson when Jones was pulled and Diaz sr with Woodley.
You have a fair point when it comes to the unlikeliness of these types of fights being arwarded to most fighter, i may have been biased by the general feeling i got from lurking here but it really Feels like There is a somewhat recent tendancy leaning towards the happening of those kind of fights way more often than in the past.

Then again, matt serra vs gsp 1, wich is probably the most "promotional" fight there was in the ufc( barring allowing wwrasslers or boxers with minimal experience in the cage), even being put on to bring interest to a then shallow division and to a reality tv show. And as We saw great and unpredictible thing a can Come from those.

So i guess i'm saying 3 things :

that it has been this way for a while but it Feels worse when looking at the past 2 years.

that i like the romantic ideas of the top of the ladder challenger or the multi-defense champion's superfights more than the the idea of money fights.

And that the hope of seeing more of the former and less of the latter that I get from these news coïncides with the regime change in the ufc.

Anyway, good talk.... Oh, and Nice username cause i really jumped through it this time!

I don't see him returning to 145. I think we are looking at one of the below 2 scenarios playing out with the former most likely because I think he loses to Nate.

a) He loses to Nate. Conor has no desire to get back down to 145 especially for another rematch so forfeits the belt. He takes some time out and books his return fight in 2017 in Europe in a winnable fight at LW against someone like Joe Duffy to kick start his career again.

b) He beats Nate. Conor forfeits the belt and challenges for the LW title. If UFC won't give it to him he takes a money fight at 170 against Cowboy or Nick Diaz.

Good news if true. Things get back to normal.

Wonderboy next WW champ!

Sway & pull to ask for the immediate rematch for a fight nobody but Conor fans really wanted to see all questions were answered in the 1st fight when Conor tapped to make it all stop. It wasn't a close back & forth edge of your seat too close to call must see again required rematch. It's just the UFC's most popular fighter trying to save face & his brand he's got enough sway to ask for that. But he certainly don't have enough pull to skip a presser Dana proved that, so again Dana owns the car & keys and tells Conor where to drive...

I can't tell if you are literally playing dumb. If this is a deep troll, well done.

The only person who will decided what weight class Conor McGregor next fights in will be Conor Mcgregor.

Obviously the UFC has much - but not all - of the power in regards to picking dates of marquee fights. What weight Conor fights at will be his own decision.

Ha ha f%#king Ha! Woodley thought he was calling the shots, after a gifted title shot. It's nice to see him fighting the guy who actually deserves the shot......;)

I can't tell if you are literally playing dumb. If this is a deep troll, well done.

The only person who will decided what weight class Conor McGregor next fights in will be Conor Mcgregor.

Obviously the UFC has much - but not all - of the power in regards to picking dates of marquee fights. What weight Conor fights at will be his own decision.

And I can't tell if you trying to troll me with this bull about Conor is in the drivers seat and get what he wants? Dana already done proved publicly and vocally who runs things Conor can "negotiate" certain terms as a contracted fighter it's the UFC who decides who you can fight and when you fight Conor don't sign his own checks man...

All is right in the world...!!

Assuming it actually goes down that way....

Good move by the UFC. They can't allow every new champion dictate to them about who they want to fight, when and for how much - you have to earn they right either by being a draw or by becoming "the man" in your division. Woodley hasn't done either at this point.

Back