Dana says McGregor will go back to 145 after Diaz, Woodley to fight Wonderboy.

Id like to see Conor comeback to fight Aldo again and prove first fight wasn't a " fluke".He wins that then id like to see what he can accomplish at 155.

Woodley wonderboy is THe fight to make--PERIOD.
I see aldo/conor 2 going like how cain/jds 2 went.

Good. Fuck your cherry-picking opponents, Woodley.

Still got my eye on Bisping and Nunes.

Glad to see Woodley get put in his place a bit. Woodley vs Wonderboy was really the only fight that makes sense as far as the 170 title goes. It's a 50/50 pick em' fight as far as I can tell. Most people seem to think Thompson will steamroll Woodley but I think Tyrone has the tools to beat Wonderboy. His quick first step and power could cause problems for Thompson.

Dana showing Woodley who's boss.

Woodley: "I'm fighting Nick or GSP, big fights only. Money fights only."

Dana: "You're fighting Stephen Thompson on a fucking free card."

That obviously is not going to happen if they can make the GSP fight. It seems to me like they are playing hardball with him on a contract which makes no sense to me whatsoever. GSP has earned whatever he is asking for.

Woodley vs Wonderboy should headline a Fox card. Where is GSP?

Lets add some context - Dana didn't force Conor back to featherweight, he literally let him book his own completely unnesseary rematch - at welterweight of all things.

Stop and let that sink in. The featherweight champion is re-matching the #5 lightweight, in a welterweight bout.

You are day dreaming if you don't think that takes an enormous amount of pull with the back office. Frankly the 200 > 202 push may have been orchestrated, considering we know Brock was signed in retrospect.

202 is on track to sell well over a million buys, and its Conor getting the opponent he wanted under the terms he wanted. That is reality on realities terms.

I'm sorry still not sinking in when Conor lost badly to Nate and demanded his save face rematch it worked perfect for Dana in a small way. He would've much preferred the win and have Conor/GSP @UFC200 so the next best thing get the rematch on UFC200 the big show, but Conor went full diva and Dana showed him that he was not bigger than the UFC and sat his ass down.

If Conor was truly in the drivers seat he would feel no need to tweet, beg, get his legion to bother Dana to get him back on the card, those in drivers seats don't need to beg. The loss to Nate set him back on the goal for two belts, this rematch is suppose to right the ship but it's now complicated because there is a new interim FW belt that now needs to be unified and a fight that people truly want to see @FW after this save face rematch.

Conor has sway and pull but in no way is he in the drivers seat in my eyes...

is this gonna turn out as another of Dana's multiple lies? we will see.

Dear Baldfather,

I-dont-believe-you.gif
Me too, Dana always lies

I bet you neither of these things happen

I bet neither of those things happen either.

Conor never goes back to 145 to fight Aldo.
The Woodley vs Thompson fight never happens.

I'm sorry still not sinking in when Conor lost badly to Nate and demanded his save face rematch it worked perfect for Dana in a small way. He would've much preferred the win and have Conor/GSP @UFC200 so the next best thing get the rematch on UFC200 the big show, but Conor went full diva and Dana showed him that he was not bigger than the UFC and sat his ass down.

You are basing that on whimsical fancy. We only know what becomes public information. It is entirely possible Brock was booked, and moving Conor to 202, which is going to do a million plus on its own, was orchestrated. Surely you understand that - or do you believe Dana at face value?

If Conor was truly in the drivers seat he would feel no need to tweet, beg, get his legion to bother Dana to get him back on the card, those in drivers seats don't need to beg. The loss to Nate set him back on the goal for two belts, this rematch is suppose to right the ship but it's now complicated because there is a new interim FW belt that now needs to be unified and a fight that people truly want to see @FW after this save face rematch.

Just about everyone who loses at a high level, especially champions want a rematch. Marquee fighters like Aldo and Rockhold - they get told to go kick rocks. Conor asked for and was granted an absurd rematch - at his wacky terms of welterweight - because he is one of the few people in the sport that makes up a substantial portion of the gross revenues.

Conor has sway and pull but in no way is he in the drivers seat in my eyes...

Now you're splitting hairs. Sway, and pull - but not in the drivers seat - which is literally a metaphor for having control over his own direction.

If Conor wants to continue fighting at lightweight, or random fights at welterweight, the UFC will exactly do that. Nobody can order him back to featherweight because the cart doesn't pull the horse.

He's brash and uncouth and frankly I don't like his brand of trash talking, but the dude is a rain maker. Money moves the business.

Has Dana said anything about Alvarez and his refusal to entertain any fights but McGregor?

Woodley will get embarrassed 10x if he loses to Thompson.
Also, there is no way they will screw Aldo.. Conor - Aldo 2 is one hell of a money fight. Let Alvarez have a test in face of Khabib, but I will not mind Nate either.

Back