Dana says if Conor wins title fight will be at Croke Park or Vegas.

Mendes got one after a Lentz win, Lamas got a shot after a Koch win KZ got one after beating poirier and Edgar got it after 2 straight losses in another division.

was lentz an unranked fighter when mendes beat him, or was he a top ten fighter? lentz is still a top ten fighter after that loss.

and koch was 13-1 at the time, while lamas was 13-2 and long held to be a contender.

and edgar was a former champ who fought above his weight.

in other words none of these examples speak to my point that sivers is an unranked gimme fight being handed to conor. sivers is good, but he's just not the guy who should be standing between a contender and a title fight.

conor is an unproven commodity.

was lentz an unranked fighter when mendes beat him, or was he a top ten fighter? lentz is still a top ten fighter after that loss.

and koch was 13-1 at the time, while lamas was 13-2 and long held to be a contender.

and edgar was a former champ who fought above his weight.

in other words none of these examples speak to my point that sivers is an unranked gimme fight being handed to conor. sivers is good, but he's just not the guy who should be standing between a contender and a title fight.

conor is an unproven commodity.

Can't you just enjoy it? If Siver is a push over then we're only a 3 or 4 months away from Aldo v. McGregor...the day the earth stands still.

ugh this crap again. so when Dana says it, it makes you mad because he must be lying, but Askren says it and you kiss his ass and believe him.

Askren is selling you wolf tickets and your anti-zuffa conformity is blinding you to it.

"This doesn't change anything," White said. "I have no interest. I'm sure [WSOF] will pick him up. He's [Bellator's] champion and they don't want him. What does that say? What does that mean? I don't even care about those guys whatsoever. I feel sorry for the kids that fight there. I truly feel sorry for the kids that have to be stuck in that sh**hole. And the fact you would just give away a guy who has gone undefeated for you just shows the kind of people you are. It just shows what kind of business you do.

"As far as the kid and what kind of level he's on, he barely beat Jay Hieron. He's got some work to do and he can fight in another organization and work his way up."

Dana White Reveals He Has No Interest in Signing Ben Askren

According to Askren, after a good meeting with UFC President Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta at ZUFFA headquarters, he thought landing a contract with the Las Vegas, Nevada - based promotion would be a no-brainer.

However, a few hours later, Askren received the call that White and Co. just weren't interested.
And according to Ben, that decision had nothing to do with his skill set, or lack thereof, but more-so with the fact that Dana can't get over his quarrels with Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

Ben Askren lands two-year, six-fight contract with ONE FC, blames 'immature' Dana White for not signing with UFC

“First of all, we didn’t ask for that meeting, he asked for that meeting. There was never any, ‘Let’s meet with Ben Askren.’ Ben Askren wanted that meeting.

Dana White Tells Ben Askren To Take His “Stupidness” And Go Fight On Pluto
You have to be a special kind of stupid to fall for Dana's bullshit.

Last edited:
he did some twitter q&a thing today. Didn't really say much except he said he's working on cyborg vs rousey (which sounds like bullshit). He repeated Askren doesn't want to be in the ufc. The usual bs.. but he said this. So for now, no Brazil.

Cyborg vs Rousey would be at the top of my current wishlist. I hope he really is working on it. I don't want another dream fight to slip away.

THey want it in Ireland but have to think they feel the timing issue will hurt buys/and they cant do an event from 4-7am in Ireland and expect to sell all those tickets.

If they didnt care about PPV buys in US it would be in Ireland in a second.

I just dont think Vegas is big enough, it would do well but wouldnt be the scene it would be if they did it in Brazil or Ireland. They could legit sell 30-40k tickets in either place, maybe more depending on where it is and the ticket prices.

In Vegas its just another fight. Plus in Vegas in May/June you will have Floyd/Manny and cotto/Canelo, two bigger fights that have expensive tickets. WOuld be very stupid to put this event there.

I just dont think Vegas is big enough, it would do well but wouldnt be the scene it would be if they did it in Brazil or Ireland. They could legit sell 30-40k tickets in either place, maybe more depending on where it is and the ticket prices.

In Vegas its just another fight. Plus in Vegas in May/June you will have Floyd/Manny and cotto/Canelo, two bigger fights that have expensive tickets. WOuld be very stupid to put this event there.

We'll see how this weekend goes but I think in terms of capacity/location, the TD Garden in Boston is perfect for it. 20,000 people and suitable for all time zones and within reasonable travelling distance of both Brazil and Ireland.

I like the Croke Park idea but 90,000 in the stadium in the middle of the night seems a bit like overkill. Not to mention the risks with the weather and the residents who live around the stadium. It would be a disaster for this to be hyped up for months and then cancelled last minute.

I agree about Vegas. The atmosphere is always a bit flat and this would be just another UFC fight there.

I think itll be in Vegas. They won't be able to charge PPV to the North American fans if its on primetime in Ireland, and the PPV figures will be massive for that fight.

The time is the only thing that keeps it out of Ireland.

Ireland has a small market/people are not that interested in the sport...
It's the same thing in the country I live.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to fall for Dana's bullshit.
lol you seem to forget that negotiations are handled by more than just Dana White, and he doesn't get the final say so w/e the UFC aren't interested in a guy that thinks he's top 5 (well, think's he's top 1) and hasn't beaten anyone even close to that.

and saying his best win was Jay Hieron, a fighter he barely scraped by is totally fair.

Yeah I don't see Aldo agreeing to fight in Ireland

He said he didn't care where the fight is.. And hes always wanted to try an Irish breakfast.

Ireland has a small market/people are not that interested in the sport...
It's the same thing in the country I live.

True the Irish market is smaller. But beleive me when I say Conor will sell a stadium out. People will go just to support, MMA fans or not.. Its unquestionable. The UFC know this. 10% of ticket sales from Poirer fight came from Ireland. Thats huge.

Where's that?

Aldo won't fight in Ireland and rightly so
Good excuse also as Dana knows they can't sell a stadium out or whatever crap conor comes out with

The fight will be in Vegas

Pretty sure Aldo is in it for the $$$ now. I'm pretty sure he's down for Croke Park.

85,000 seats holy shit that would be epic!

Don't see Croke Park as a possibility. After the Garth Crooks fiasco I'd imagine there's more caution with what events the GAA allow - To host an unprecedented event in terms of size with a new organization is pretty unlikely IMO. I don't know, it really depends on their attitude towards it and MMA in general. The Aviva would have been more realistic.

More likely he's blowing smoke out his ass, talking up how big the UFC is in terms of what they could do but he knows full well it's going to be in Vegas. I'd be stunned if it were anywhere else.

ugh this crap again. so when Dana says it, it makes you mad because he must be lying, but Askren says it and you kiss his ass and believe him.

Askren is selling you wolf tickets and your anti-zuffa conformity is blinding you to it.

Your an idiot. Why don't you go back and look at what Dana actually said when the Bellator contract was up. Dana's own words proves he is the one telling the lie.

No wayyyyy. Conor does not deserve a title fighter over a win of Siver

Back