Dana says he would have given Pacquiao an easier fight and dodged Marquez

And beating Sonnen does what for Jones's legacy? A win means nothing when the guy is coming off a loss at a lower weight class and has lost 2 title fights in a row at that weight class. But a loss makes Jones and the division look like a joke. How can Dana be so clueless? He is criticizing Arum for what most people on this forum have been criticizing the UFC for for months.

It's true, but then again the only fights left for Jones really is Gus and a bunch of rematches with guys he ran right through.

dana has no room to call anyone an idiot/moron! ie: jones vs sonnen, rousey headlining a ppv, nick diaz, and silva vs bonner!! and thats just recently

There is nothing wrong with Ronda headlining. Her fights are entertaining, she is a champion and she deserves all the respect do a champion. If you don't like women's MMA that's fine, I'm not trying to convince you you should. It isn't everyone's cup of tea. But don't be a misogynistic dipshit

It's true, but then again the only fights left for Jones really is Gus and a bunch of rematches with guys he ran right through.

There is nothing wrong with Ronda headlining. Her fights are entertaining, she is a champion and she deserves all the respect do a champion. If you don't like women's MMA that's fine, I'm not trying to convince you you should. It isn't everyone's cup of tea. But don't be a misogynistic dipshit

did i say i dont like wmma? rousey or any wmma fight should be co main event to hendo vs machida!!! dont be a dumb **** n say i said somethin i never did

did i say i dont like wmma? rousey or any wmma fight should be co main event to hendo vs machida!!! dont be a dumb **** n say i said somethin i never did

When has a championship match ever played comainevent to a non title fight? Never. So why would Rousey's match be any different? Because you really like Hendo a lot??

That is the way I read it. But people like to shit on the UFC for some reason. Is that some kind of psychological issue, where people like to hate the thing that they love?

Pacquiao was the favorite to win this fight too, wasn't he?

Why would you read it that way when Dana said that it wasn't the fight to make because Bradley would have been an easier fight and that Pacman always struggled with Marquez? If Dana had said there was no need for a 4th fight when Pacquiao won 2 of the 3 and the other was a draw...I would have agreed with his reasoning for there not being a 4th fight, but Dana wasn't on that path with his statements.

dana is right, made no sense to fight jmm, roach didn't want the fight either.

tough to say you're dodging a guy you already fought 3 times.

Dana is all about the paper, and is too stupid to realize making a statement like this also gets people's attention to how matches get made in the ufc.

Fuck he's gotta go.

You, sir, are a thinker.

Being about the money is not the problem. Being about the money while trying to act like you're above everyone else who is about the money is a problem.

I can't believe how quickly Dana went from wanting to distance himself as far away from pro-wrestling as possible to making nearly every main event as ridiculous and non-sensical as possible.

GSP/Condit was exciting because it was the first fight in a long, long time that actually pitted #1 vs. #2.

Diaz/GSP I feel is the worst booked/most absurd main event in UFC HISTORY. There's no excuse for it other than a cash grab which makes the UFC no better than boxing or WWE.

Congratulations UFC, you are sports entertainment and one step away from fixing fights.

I can't believe how quickly Dana went from wanting to distance himself as far away from pro-wrestling as possible to making nearly every main event as ridiculous and non-sensical as possible.

GSP/Condit was exciting because it was the first fight in a long, long time that actually pitted #1 vs. #2.

Diaz/GSP I feel is the worst booked/most absurd main event in UFC HISTORY. There's no excuse for it other than a cash grab which makes the UFC no better than boxing or WWE.

Congratulations UFC, you are sports entertainment and one step away from fixing fights.

Sonnen/Jones and Lesnar/Randy were worse. I know Brock had a win, but that was humiliating.

Sonnen/Jones and Lesnar/Randy were worse. I know Brock had a win, but that was humiliating.

Brock had a win and was in a weak division at the time. It was bad but there were excuses.

Jones/Sonnen is bad but Machida, Shogun and Henderson all turned down the fight and Chael stepped up. It's not a good logical fight but if everyone else turned it down, it's hard to fault Dana there.

There's literally no logical excuse that can be made for Diaz/GSP. The guy got taken out of his original fight with GSP for no-showing press conferences, then he lost his fight with Condit and then got suspended.

Dana says GSP asked for it but GSP shouldn't be making fights. I don't care if he is your P4P king, fighters shouldn't call the shots. That would be like JDS asking to fight Brendan Schaub instead of Cain Velasquez.

GSP should be fighting Hendricks and Anderson should be fighting Weidman.

No, it wasn't. Unless you count three months as a long, long time. And just a month before that we had #1 vs #2 as well.

Bradley vs Pacquiao would've been Pacquiao winning a fight that he's been robbed out once, would only appeal Pacman fans and would end up in another "omg omg omg mayweather vs pacquiao time?!?!?!" with pacquiao and mayweather not comming to terms and ending up on pacquiao vs a random nobody and same goes for mayweater.

Marquez won at least 2 of the previous 3 fights, with the latest one being a BIG robbery, Pacman needed to prove to himself and the world that he was better than Marquez in a fight that would appeal Pacman fans, latino market and people who watched previous fights.

"He was already 2-0-1!" Not once by knockout, all being close decisions or robberies, we all know Pacquiao defeated bradley but was robbed, with Marquez, we all know Marquez defeated Pacquiao but got robbed, Pacquiao wanted to put that behind him and all you shertards are just too ignorant about anything but "GSP! SILVA! THE DIAZ!" "He was always overrated!" "he's out of his prime!" "look how big reem is now!"... you guys should just try to make a career out of gossip cause you clearly know nothing about match-making or sports in general.

Back