'Dana said I need more social media followers to get titleshot'

Do you agree with Dana's position?

• Total voters
At least they're being honest about what it takes. It's not only about fighting, and people who think that suffer unfortunately. Get cringey!

Ufc =popularity contest = sad. Have a feeling other sports will follow. Already happened in hollywood. No real actors anymore. Same with music industry. Look at lonzo ball. That goofy looking turd cant hit a wide open jumper. I blame those fake tits, ass and lips, no talent kardashians.

I’d like to put all 54 users that voted yes on my ignore list. Most of them are probably already on it, but still.

He is deserving but I’d prefer to see Moraes get the nod. Any top contender instead of that gooch Cejudo

This ain’t perfect engrish. Maybe I should have said not western enough. It is a bit messed up but certain types of accents are perceived as better vs others. Even Mcgregor changes his cadence when he gives interviews to Americans vs back home.

To be fair, it's common in team sports for players to get paid more when they are fan favorites and help sell tickets. You see a lot of that, like teams signing a fan-favorite linebacker who is over the hill to play out one or two more seasons because the fans want it.
Yes, but now you are changing the subject.
I don't mind "popular" fighters getting paid more.
But being Popular & getting Paid more has nothing to do with fighting for the belt.

For all I care, have those popular fighters getting paid more than champions, I have no problem with that.
But don't turn the sport into popularity context, because this is not.

Kinda depends on whether The Vatican has adopted the new Unified Rules TBH.
The Catholic Church doesn't adopt new rules they are the OG. The Queen plays by their rules or she can chicken out.

Either that or him Vs Moraes for title shot. Shouldn't have anything to do with social media followers though.
i think what's most important is that it makes sense that he's not next and lets see how things play out. i don't think he's a no brainer in terms of earning a title shot.

No I don't agree but it's always been a popularity contest first and foremost. The guys who aren't known are last on the list to get a TS if other options present themselves.

He isn’t pretty, old, no engrish and he isn’t a consistent finisher

Yes but hes a consistently great fighter and has beat the others in his division..if thats not enough to warrant a title shot im not sure what is.

I thought this was gonna be a thread about Colby

It's obviously the same reason why White is looking to give a Silva a titleshot ahead of Jacare. Many UFC viewers have suspected White has had this mentality for years; only now it's official after one fighter accidentally leaked internal policy.

So fortezela has marlon and assuncao plus also and moicano

Wow, that’s heat

Raphael Assuncao is making 70k/70k at the moment and he won't ever make more till he touches the belt. The UFC has always made it difficult for Assuncao. He is 12-2 in the UFC, 36 years old, his only loses being to Dillashaw and Erick Koch back in 2011. I kind of want Assunco to beat Moraes, the man deserves a title shot and the opportunity to make good money.

Back