'Dana said I need more social media followers to get titleshot'

Do you agree with Dana's position?

• Total voters
If they are just realizing this that’s pathetic. Of courses no one agrees with it but it is what it is in the current UFC.

I get it, but don't agree with it. SM followers for independent contractors should mean more money in contract negotiations, not that fishing for followers decides that a potentially lesser fighter gets the shot. The title has to mean something. Pay comes down to the individual.

If Dana is such a great UFC president and marketing genius, why does he need somebody else's social media accounts to do his job?

He doesn’t speak much. It isn’t perfect or else he would be giving more interviews.
Dude he lives in Atlanta. He speaks perfect English tf lol. Ppl will come up with anything to fit the ufc’s Narrative.

Unless he wants to fight infront of empty halls and getting payed pennies then he ought to listen to Dana.

Just highlights what we all know, this isnt a legitimate sport with fair ranking, simply prize fighting.
he's ranked 3rd. he doesn't warrant a title shot by ranking or popularity. does anyone who is complaining about this actually want him to get the next title shot?

Unless he wants to fight infront of empty halls and getting payed pennies then he ought to listen to Dana.
Paid* typical of someone who blindly follows scum like Dana White

Dana doesn't like entertaining fighters either. Source: The Diaz brothers.

Let's face it, Dana wants his cake and eat it too. He wants entertaining fighters who get payed peanuts. Oh, and they have to be 100% under his thumb.
yeah, he totally doesn't want conor mcgregor's.

Just highlights what we all know, this isnt a legitimate sport with fair ranking, simply prize fighting.
The sooner the fighters accept this, the better.

As a fan I have no issues with it. And let's be real here. Instagram isn't a difficult game to play... Just get someone to film and edit training sessions. Call people out. Repost people's shit. Post pictures of yourself standing next to various other athletes/coaches and write a caption giving them credit etc... It's really easy shit.

Hell Derrick Lewis just posts memes and videos he found of people getting hit in the nutts.

Absolute joke, wish UFC would get overtaken by another organisation.
They treat the majority of the fighters like shit.
you think he should be fighting tj next?

LoL at that guy saying Raphael can't speak english.

If Dana wants to run the UFC like that, that's fine. But if you're going to decide title fights by Twitter followers, please don't insult us by calling this a "sport".

This is how the WWE decides who gets a championship, not a true sport.

I don’t really follow 135 but if he’s a clear number 1 contender then I don’t care if his mom is the only one following him on Twitter, give the man his title shot. I’m ok with popularity being used as a tie breaker, but it can’t be the deciding factor

Wow, people are actually defending this shit.
14848213781390.jpg

Absolutely disgusting.

I'd want to hope there's other reasons he's not getting a title shot. Like TJ already whooping his ass and he can't even look good vs low level compitition like Font.

yeah, he totally doesn't want conor mcgregor's.
You didn't read my whole comment but to answer you and try to put this back into its rails; I bet Dana doesn't like McGregor's price.

You didn't read my whole comment but to answer you and try to put this back into its rails; I bet Dana doesn't like McGregor's price.
i bet he'll take mcgregor's price for his value added.

Back