'Dana said I need more social media followers to get titleshot'

Do you agree with Dana's position?

• Total voters
Shit like that is how we end up with cm punk on a main card

Longtime UFC bantamweight contender Raphael Assuncao is tired of being put behind other title challengers.

In a recent interview with Combate, the 36-year-old

whilst I have no doubt that's what Dana told Assuncao ...
the truth is it's a combination of low followers and being 36 years old ... Dana ain't promoting above 35... not unless they are already a massive fucking draw.

What are you goofs wanting him to go broke? What if the guy wins and then retires? Fuckin guy is 36 and probably just wants to screw Dana GSP style.
We need to be pushing the real fights, like where TJ goes down to Skelletor weight to fight a guy who has struggled with the cut and everyone was saying should go up to 135...

4Wap.gif

But is this a sport with a real ranking system or a popularity contest?

If Instagram and twitter existed back then they would have had millions.

That fight on spike literally is the reason UFC didn’t go bankrupt and they are still in business today

But they didn’t, and it was still a successful fight that turned the business around.

Do you see what I’m saying?

Twitter followers don’t matter if it’s a good fight

Dana might as well have said "The titles have no actual value" if this is how title shots are "earned".

But they didn’t, and it was still a successful fight that turned the business around.

Do you see what I’m saying?

Twitter followers don’t matter if it’s a good fight
You are missing the point, back then they had spike, with a massive bro following that drug those casuals in to become buyers.

This doesn’t exist today the way it did then.

Now those casuals to bring in are on twitter and shit, the fighters need to social media it up, cause ain’t no one watching spike anymore.

Back