Dana rips Jon Jones for latest arrest

Yeah but he doesn't seem to have an addiction problem, to me it seems more like he has a partying and knowing your limits problem. If he's drinking by himself at home getting hammered or drinking everyday/weekend, that's an addiction problem. All his situations seem to have been from him going out and partying and not knowing his limit.

I used to see this all the time with everyone working security in the party/club/bar/concert industry. Some people don't go out anymore and then go out for the first time after a year or months and don't know how to limit or control themselves. Also some people just don't know their limits, give anyone enough alcohol/drugs and they are going to do dumb stuff. That's why it's called being under the influence, you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The more you drink, the less you have control over yourself and the more it's the alcohol controlling your actions/thoughts. If anyone has seen someone drink past their limit they would easily understand that.
Yeah but he doesn't seem to have an addiction problem, to me it seems more like he has a partying and knowing your limits problem. If he's drinking by himself at home getting hammered or drinking everyday/weekend, that's an addiction problem. All his situations seem to have been from him going out and partying and not knowing his limit.

I used to see this all the time with everyone working security in the party/club/bar/concert industry. Some people don't go out anymore and then go out for the first time after a year or months and don't know how to limit or control themselves. Also some people just don't know their limits, give anyone enough alcohol/drugs and they are going to do dumb stuff. That's why it's called being under the influence, you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The more you drink, the less you have control over yourself and the more it's the alcohol controlling your actions/thoughts. If anyone has seen someone drink past their limit they would easily understand that.

you don’t know his daily life. he’s admitted that he’d binge before fights. He’s use during fight camp. he’s had multiple dui’s. These are textbook signs of addiction.

the guy is an addict. Addiction looks different for many. For example, I’m a functional alcoholic working on sobriety. You’d probably have no idea that I’m an alcoholic unless I told you. Hell, I’d get drunk with friends all the time and they had no clue I was alcoholic. I’d be drunk at work (years ago).

He’s mostly functional, but still an addict. Takes one to know one. Seems like he’s still struggling with the first step of admitting his problem. And that’s a major reason why he keeps relapsing like this.

I don't think he is in that bad of shape, he has been doing fine for a while... I just think he is the type of dude that can go off the rails if he goes a little too far partying

he’s admitted that he’d binge before fights. He’s use during fight camp. he’s had multiple dui’s. These are textbook signs of addiction.

the guy is an addict. Addiction looks different for many. For example, I’m a functional alcoholic working on sobriety. You’d probably have no idea that I’m an alcoholic unless I told you. Hell, I’d get drunk with friends all the time and they had no clue I was alcoholic. He’s mostly functional, but still an addict. Takes one to know one. Seems like he’s still struggling with the first step of admitting his problem. And that’s a major reason why he keeps relapsing like this.

My interpretation differs.

Jon Jones isn't forced into allegedly committing crime by entering Las Vegas.

He has the same amount of autonomy in any city in the world.

Las Vegas is irrelevant to the fact Jon Jones keeps messing up - the narrative is horseshit, and a deflection tactic.

Jones did a hit and run in Albuquerque.
Jones assaulted a cocktail waitress in Albuquerque.
Jones was arrested drunk in his jeep in Albuquerque.
Jones drove his Bentley into a pole in New York.

What kind of shit are we trying to pull here?

Las Vegas?

Bullshit.

As about 10 people have told you, you’ve misinterpreted Dana’s point. He isn’t blaming Las Vegas.

sad how far hes fallen

He’s always been like this, only difference is he doesn’t fight anymore

Lotta demons huh?

says the guy who has no problem making money off people killing each other by giving each other CTE
bit dramatic there chief lol.....first off....Dana making money by promoting fighters for the biggest MMA organization in the world is not what is considered "having demons" lol ...I mean you could say hes a boozehound twat chasing gambling addict....those are "demons" him making money is not lol

secondly....do you make the same claim of football coaches/owners

oh please …. Dana being self reflective is bullshit

he only does things for his own interest
who doesnt do things for their own interests? not a single person.....while youre right ...self reflection isnt really Dana's portrayed forte .... you never know after all these times .... no solution has worked with Jon....he could very well being searching within himself to find where he has made mistakes in this situation and what he could do in the future to not make the same ones again.....to be able to recognize where we ourselves have gone wrong in any particular situation is a sign of good character and understanding ((not that I consider Dana to have either of those qualities so much))

man...I get a bad taste in my mouth when I find myself having to defend Dana......there is so much legit shit to hate on him about.....we should try to make it at least logical and reasonable when we do spout off about him

you don’t know his daily life. he’s admitted that he’d binge before fights. He’s use during fight camp. he’s had multiple dui’s. These are textbook signs of addiction.

the guy is an addict. Addiction looks different for many. For example, I’m a functional alcoholic working on sobriety. You’d probably have no idea that I’m an alcoholic unless I told you. Hell, I’d get drunk with friends all the time and they had no clue I was alcoholic. I’d be drunk at work (years ago).

He’s mostly functional, but still an addict. Takes one to know one. Seems like he’s still struggling with the first step of admitting his problem. And that’s a major reason why he keeps relapsing like this.
That seemed like before and when he was young and partying with a lot of money. From what he used to say is he would party/drink/coke the weekend before the fight and use that as part of his back up excuse if he lost, or something like that. Not exact words but he said something similar to that, like he would have a built in excuse. I think everything else he would do daily was weed, which really isn't bad and a lot of fighters use it for recovery. It's actually better than a lot of the pharmaceutical stuff, but of course too much of anything is bad. Plus the sanctioning bodies have all changed their stance on marihuana/cannabis so it would be a non issue now if he was still doing it. Federal legalization is most likely happening in 2022 and a lot of states already have it legal for medicinal and recreational use. Other countries have already legalized it nationwide like Canada and Mexico. Other countries have already had it legal for a long time as well. It isn't much different than alcohol and went through the same stages of prohibition before becoming legal. Except marijuana/cannabis has actual health/medicinal benefits.

For you situation you seem to have it under control, which is different than people that don't. You may drink a lot but are you doing dumb stuff? Or are you using it as a way to relax from work? Lots of people drink every weekend or after work. I think the problem stems more when there isn't control or knowing your limits and if it's causing a negative reaction in your life. You being drunk at work is problem, but you said that was years ago, if you are still doing that then yes that would be a problem. But if you have control and you use it as a way to relax, lots of people besides you does that as well. That's why bars/clubs are good business, lots of people like to go during the weekends or after work during the weekdays.

I think Jones was living relatively clean for the most part, he doesn't seem like he had issues recently before this. I think he just doesn't have control when he does drink or do drugs and doesn't know his limit. Seems like he partied after getting into the Hall of Fame and went past his limit. Could've done something his wife didn't like and that may be why there was conflict, trying to argue with a drunk person isn't the best thing to do. Better to wait when they sober up. I don't know anything about their personal relationship but from what I've seen from my line of work, people drink too much and does something that upsets their significant other and they argue/fight about it.

I think you're reading into this far too much. If he delved further, I would understand your anger. I do agree Dana needs more tact, but that's not who he is. I don't think he really did anything wrong. Considering Jones' history, he could have said so much worse.
Hes not reading into anything. Hes tolling. He always does this. Its his gimmick

wshhlv6.gif

Back