News Dana responds to Spencer Fisher: “It’s part of the gig.”

"We're investing in psychedelics."

Wow, me too!

Dana meant that he'd put a call into his dealer for a pound of blow and some LSD for the party this weekend. Oh, Spencer Fisher? What were we talking about..?

“He’s not the first and he’s definitely not the last.”

Same guy that was disappointed that Izzy and Paulo didn't engage in a CTE inducing war for his entertainment. This is the kind of gratitude you expect. This is why I have not problem with "safe" fighters that lay and pray, or do Floyd Mayweather evasive tactics.

Does Dana even have the control to dish out the company’s money like that? It wouldn’t seem so because he was paying Fisher $60,000 a year to do practically nothing for how many years until the new ownership put an end to it.
He has the authorization to provide medical benefits, like short and long term disability.

"We're investing in psychedelics."

Wow, me too!

Just watched the real time episode about psychedelics. Very interesting and potentially promising treatments. Who knew?

These drugs have been around for thousands of years.

Moving goalposts? Fertittas made billions and cashed out. Fact.

The current owners have realized earnings and cash flow. Not capital appreciation.
Nice!

Prepare for a lot more of these cases over the years.
I think it's easy to imagine it will only hit fighters who've been KO'd a lot but I figure it will also hit fighters who we consider to be pretty defensively sound.
Gotta love the timing of this article and the Matt Brown pullquote where he basically admits that he has CTE and is still fighting but doesn't want to to rock the boat because he needs to stand and bang for the casuals on next week's ABC card.
Oh shit, forgot he was returning.
It sounded real bad in 2016 when even his wife admitted "His memory is not what it once was"

Reactions: MGS
In contact and combat sports with head hits, this is the truth.

He's not wrong. Anyone who takes up a sport where the primary aim is to rattle the other guy's brain hard enough that it turns off has to know the long term health outcomes are pretty bleak.

It's hard getting older as a fan of this sport when you see all the young killers you loved to watch go to work years ago turn in to old slurring vegetables. Might be why I've eased off in recent years.

It is part of the gig, but it's such a new sport that there haven't been a lot of cases. Now a lot of known fighters are in their 40's and 50's and a lot of the sad health stuff will surface more.

fighters should have thought about that to begin with... WUT? It is not healthy getting in 15 minutes fights for a job????

I don’t think most MMA guys know the real risks, they look at boxing and think MMA won’t have the same consequences, but the truth is that MMA is so young we have no real clue how bad the end results will be.

If legends start dropping like flies you’ll see a change in attitude and mindset from the fighters.

It’s sad because the fighters are already up against the odds and mistreated, now imagine if you have to suffer devastating long term effects to go along with it.

People talk about repeated head trauma from boxing gloves, but we’ve seen what kind of damage Can be done with elbows and knees. MVP literally cracked Cyborgs skull open with a knee, we’re pretty fortunate to not have had too many major tragedies with our fighters.

Dedicate your life to this sport, get paid 10k to fight, get brain damage, get fired. That's the gig ...

fighters should have thought about that to begin with... WUT? It is not healthy getting in 15 minutes fights for a job????

Well you’re kind of right, but that’s still a brash and arrogant way of putting it considering you’re obviously a fan of the sport. It’s all good for fighters to provide you with hours of entertainment, but when they start showing severe health side effects as a result of the sport, then they can go fuck themselves and should know better?

Well you’re kind of right, but that’s still a brash and arrogant way of putting it considering you’re obviously a fan of the sport. ?

I played football in HS and I knew the dangers and still played. I have been in my fair share of real fights and still carry some injuries from it. I have had 4 concussions from various shit.

Life is life.

Oh shit, forgot he was returning.
It sounded real bad in 2016 when even his wife admitted "His memory is not what it once was"

It's just super glaring because he's fighting this very weekend on a nationally televised card and he's likely in the co-main solely because of reckless way he fights.

Again - no one is forcing him to fight but yeah, not a great look

Back