Dana rejects Bones-DC fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Gus

Part of the promotion for Diaz/GSP was that GSP deserved to pick who he fought lol.

Reminds me of this

daleydana.jpg

Is that Daley or Rumble? (no racist)

Yeah because no one would say he was so scared of Gus he was willing to drop his belt instead of having to face him.

He already beat Gus, MOST of those people just hate Jones and will move on to another challenger to say "Jones is scared of, he didn't even look at him in the staredown!" and so on but the media and most fans will recognize him as the best even if he doesn't have the belt. Also if Jones doesn't have the belt it'll be a lot easier for him to become a free agent when i'm sure the rich company of Viacom looking to create some noise wouldn't mind one bit. To be clear, I'm not sure how the UFC should be handling this, but they shouldn't of announced a fight and a date before getting Jones to agree, 151 has already shown he isn't going to get bullied, the UFC can't verbally assault him anymore than they already have. If they want to strip him of the belt, I don't think it'd matter much, but thats on the individual. The belt is a marketing tool and fun for the fans but it's not much more than that for some fighters.

No your the idiot. If the top 2 guys fight each other then there is only 1 guy to fight the champion. You will never run a Mcdonalds much less a multi billion dollar company.

Your is used to show possession. Makes sense since I will own you in this argument. If the top 2 guys face each other then that means there's 1 guy to face the champion and the loser can still face another contender and be right back in title contention. Since Gus lost one fight and only needed 1 win to get a title shot it shows that the road back to a title shot is very short in the UFC.

This is why I like MMA more than Boxing. If only some pasty bald dude could have told Floyd to go fuck off and made him fight Pacman 5 years ago.

DC vs Gus for interim title..book it now Dana

This just shows how shitty the UFC matchmaking was for not making Cormier/Gus and letting both fight guys nobody knows instead of each other. Then you'd have seen a great matchup between top LHW talents and you'd have a clear #1 contender.

But a lot of idiots were "but but but that eliminates a title contender if they face each other"

I am one of those idiots who think Cormier/Gus would simply remove a great fight for Jones. It would have been a great fight no doubt, but we are not far removed from the UFC bringing up contenders from middleweight to fight the LHW champ. Why then the hurry to get rid of up and coming challengers?

would be better to help create more new match ups in the meantime

Fighters shouldn't have absolute say on who they fight, they should have to fight a mandatory 1 time per year, other than that, they should be able to choose, because if the fighter doesn't choose based on what fight will make him the most money, per the fans, the corrupt promoter decides, which is why Gus is the #1 contender after losing his title shot and beating a guy who wasn't even a threat.

This is what killed boxing, promoters and sanctioning bodies rigging the ratings systems so "their guy" gets the title shot even when he doesn't deserve it.

Gus beat a nobody and is 1-1 in his last 2 fights, and DC beat a hall of famer who had just knocked out fellow hall of famer Shogun, and he has never lost. DC should be #1, not Gus.

If I was Jones, I'd want DC because he's already beat Gus and basically made him quit the last 1.5 rounds, and most importantly, ALL IMPORTANTLY, he can make more money with a DC fight. DC is a GREAT promoter, he's really good on the air, he's a great interview, and it's 2 American fighters going at it. It's the money fight for Jones right now, so I certainly wouldn't be jumping to fight Gus and make less money. Who the hell would? This is a business!

That being said, once the UFC gives him the contract extension he's going to fight Gus, I have no doubt. But I can understand him wanting to make more money with a bigger name opponent. That's just common sense. It's not ducking. How do you duck someone you already beat?

Here comes the "injury"....

Good that UFC is telling Jones the way it is. UFC promised Gus the title shot if he won against Manuwa and Jones said Alex was next after he beat Glover. Then he realized there's another guy with 11 inch reach disadvantage that he could start picking on, a guy he didn't think was worth it before.

DC could prove to be the toughest of these 3, but the way Jones sees it now he has two doors infront of him and behind one is a tiger that already mauled him bad once and he escaped that threat barely. Second one is a bit of a mystery door. Which one would you pick if you had a choice?

Good thing is, he doesn't have a choice. He's gotta open the tiger door and go see if he can do it. Dana just told him there's only one door he gets to walk through. And then if he clears that one, it's time for the other.

Jones was hoping he'd get a matchup with DC, at least DC did not have him walked out of the octagon to a stretcher and ambulance heading straight to the hospital, looking like a train wreck survival. At least there's the possibility he can dominate with his reach with DC. It is, at least now, the safer and better choice for him to keep his belt for at least one more fight. He knows Gus could very well take it from him, he's not convinced about the threat Cormier poses yet, and he had good results with this "picking anyone but Gus" tactic in the previous fight.

Now that Dana has laid down the law, Jones has two options. Sign the fight or surrender the belt. I'm good with either option.
all of that and you said nothing lol

(Post on MMAWeekly) Bones" is at it again ...

It seems that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones may have indeed gone full heel.

While he may no longer be trying to defend his name after being labeled a dirty fighter for his constant eye pokes inside the Octagon, "Bones" finds himself in the center of more drama. This time, the 205-pound champion has drawn the ire of fight fans and UFC President Dana White alike for refusing to sign on the dotted line to face Alexander Gustafsson.

That's because Jones wants to face Daniel Cormier instead rather than a man he's already defeated. He uploaded a video to his Instagram account to let everyone know that the moves he makes are based on what's best for his career, not yours.

"Asking for an undefeated Olympic wrestler -- a Strikeforce champion -- somehow makes me a coward? How about the fact that I beat Gustafsson already whether you guys like how close it was or not? It's my career ... not yours."

The post was immediately taken down, but not fast enough, as someone was able to snipe and post the video on YouTube.

The video is just one of several Jones has posted over the past couple of months, firing back at all of his critics for his moves in and out of the Octagon. The viral messages, however, haven't been doing the champ any favors as far as growing his fan base is concerned.

But, it's safe to say that at this point, Jones doesn't really care. Or, he could just be an amazing troll.

It's anyone's guess at this point.

Back