Dana rejects Bones-DC fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Gus

On board DW war wagon this time! Hope he can talk some sense into his dummy champ(fingers crossed):)

Here comes the "injury"....

Good that UFC is telling Jones the way it is. UFC promised Gus the title shot if he won against Manuwa and Jones said Alex was next after he beat Glover. Then he realized there's another guy with 11 inch reach disadvantage that he could start picking on, a guy he didn't think was worth it before.

DC could prove to be the toughest of these 3, but the way Jones sees it now he has two doors infront of him and behind one is a tiger that already mauled him bad once and he escaped that threat barely. Second one is a bit of a mystery door. Which one would you pick if you had a choice?

Good thing is, he doesn't have a choice. He's gotta open the tiger door and go see if he can do it. Dana just told him there's only one door he gets to walk through. And then if he clears that one, it's time for the other.

Jones was hoping he'd get a matchup with DC, at least DC did not have him walked out of the octagon to a stretcher and ambulance heading straight to the hospital, looking like a train wreck survival. At least there's the possibility he can dominate with his reach with DC. It is, at least now, the safer and better choice for him to keep his belt for at least one more fight. He knows Gus could very well take it from him, he's not convinced about the threat Cormier poses yet, and he had good results with this "picking anyone but Gus" tactic in the previous fight.

Now that Dana has laid down the law, Jones has two options. Sign the fight or surrender the belt. I'm good with either option.

Hilarious post.

Reminds me of this

daleydana.jpg

Dana is just doing his job, this is the one people want to see, and its also the money fight.
Gus seems pretty serious about beating the piss outta Jones though.

Very true. I like Gus better but I like seeing Jones dominate so I hope Jones steamrolls him, would love to see him finish Gus and then DC, then he's probably near enough to the GOAT.

No, beating the shit out of the one who is supposed to vanquish the villain shuts em up.

Actually, who the fuck am I kidding. We all know that there will be a full Cormier bandwagon after this fight, and probably some Bentley-DUI jokes, a hospital pic and some more duck shoops. There is nothing that Jones can do that will win people over, so the cycle will continue.

That's because of how he carries himself, honestly. And it's too late now, I don't know if he can win them over with his attitude

This just shows how shitty the UFC matchmaking was for not making Cormier/Gus and letting both fight guys nobody knows instead of each other. Then you'd have seen a great matchup between top LHW talents and you'd have a clear #1 contender.

But a lot of idiots were "but but but that eliminates a title contender if they face each other"

No your the idiot. If the top 2 guys fight each other then there is only 1 guy to fight the champion. You will never run a Mcdonalds much less a multi billion dollar company.

"Because fighters -- especially the best in the world -- don't pick their opponents."

Firm supporter of the UFC brass on this one.

Curious to see how this plays out, i'm hoping it gets ugly. I'd laugh if Jones just let them strip the belt from him and made a statement that everyone knows he is the best anyways.

No everyone would be saying he was ducking fighters. The UFC would also never let him get back the title.

Curious to see how this plays out, i'm hoping it gets ugly. I'd laugh if Jones just let them strip the belt from him and made a statement that everyone knows he is the best anyways.

Yeah because no one would say he was so scared of Gus he was willing to drop his belt instead of having to face him.

I don't get why Jones doesn't just accept the fight. He's the champion and must take on ALL comers. Who cares about the order?

They are in a renogiation for Jones' contract, that's why he hasn't signed yet. I don't doubt the fight will happen, Jones is just asking to get paid. He's their biggest star now with GSP and Anderson gone.

If it was anyone but Jones, people would be freaking out lol.

Oh well. Jones needs to beat Gus again.

Back